test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

eldo

Petr Cech

Started by eldo,

4,061 posts in this topic

Err, for the future...?

haha yeah obviously! But i had thought maybe in 1-2 years he would come in....Now he will be out on Loan for atleast 2 seasons more.... by then he will want to play somewhere else.... he wont wait till 2016.

Yay :D the thought of him going and being left with Turnball a bit scary.Few shakey games but towards the end of the season back to his old self it seemed

haha yeah obviously! But i had thought maybe in 1-2 years he would come in....Now he will be out on Loan for atleast 2 seasons more.... by then he will want to play somewhere else.... he wont wait till 2016.

Not necessarily. I'm sure when he joined he expected to be loaned out for 3-4 years minimum. I understand that Chelsea's plan is to loan him back out to Atletico Madrid next season because he was so successful there this year and will be guaranteed another year of top level football, then a couple of years in the Premiership.

By then Petr Cech will have been at the club for 11 years and at 33 would be coming up to a 'now or never' scenario whether he would want to play in and experience a different country.

As long as Courtois is playing he will be fine and happy to bide his time and wait.

But this is fantastic news - Cech was one of our better performers last season and his performances in the Champions League were nothing short of heroic!

The Rising Sun likes this

Our future looks so bright now, one of the best keepers in the world and Courtouis to eventually take over as number one. Looking at our youth team, Blackman looks decent as well but I hope Courtouis remains patient anyway, he has been excellent this season

Not necessarily. I'm sure when he joined he expected to be loaned out for 3-4 years minimum. I understand that Chelsea's plan is to loan him back out to Atletico Madrid next season because he was so successful there this year and will be guaranteed another year of top level football, then a couple of years in the Premiership.

By then Petr Cech will have been at the club for 11 years and at 33 would be coming up to a 'now or never' scenario whether he would want to play in and experience a different country.

As long as Courtois is playing he will be fine and happy to bide his time and wait.

Don't understand why people are saying because Cech signed a new 4-year deal, Courtois will go out on loan for the next 4 years too. Doubt that will be the case. Courtois will very much likely stay at Atletico Madrid next season before possibly going on a loan in the Premier League the following season. He could then come back and challenge Cech for the No.1 spot. By then, Cech would be already 32-33 y/o and not saying he'll be over the hill already come then but Courtois could well be our No.1 GK then with Cech serving as the No.2 and good backup at that too.

Beirut_Blues likes this

Cech has the best part of a decade to go at the top of his game. van der Sar was still world class at 40. Worst case he declines at 36, 37.

4 years doesn't mean Cech will be our first choice for all 4 years. 2 at best, with the transition of Courtois coming in.

Cech has the best part of a decade to go at the top of his game. van der Sar was still world class at 40. Worst case he declines at 36, 37.

His decline will probably come much sooner due to the injuries he's suffered

Cech just got Henry-ed again! But how on earth did that referee allow that goal to stand?! The wall wasn't even in place yet!