Petr Cech

eldo

I hope Courtois has to make some 'cool' saves in the second part of the season to appease those kind of fans.

I'm all for giving Petr chances to get his records but the very notion of Thibo getting benched for the remainder of this season is idiotic.

I hope Courtois has to make some 'cool' saves in the second part of the season to appease those kind of fans.

I'm all for giving Petr chances to get his records but the very notion of Thibo getting benched for the remainder of this season is idiotic.

I have seen/heard comments from as early as just before the United match along the lines of "im fed up with Courtois now time to bring Cech in".

This despite Tibo doing fuck all wrong all season and performing under huge pressure, you can only imagine if he needed time to settle ala De Gea.

I appreciate the fact Cech is a legend and still a world class keeper, however I think Tibo has performed superbly under huge pressure (the pressure of playing over a club legend shouldn't be underestimated, he knows one so so game will have the romantics calling for Cechs return in their droves as has proved) and will only get better.

I can't think of a goal this season yet were I thought he should have done better, Arfields and Austins maybe if I was being really picky.

Its never easy to replace a legend, and even more difficult when that legend is still top class.

But the club needs to think in the future and thats exactly what they are doing, in about 10 years from now the same will happen with TC and most likely the reactions will be the same.

Give them both an more or less equal ammount of games for the rest of this season, they both deserve it imo and make a decision in the summer.

I actually think Chelsea fans have dealt with this better than expected. In Petr's first match for us, the fans were calling Carlo's name! In that sense, Thibaut is lucky.

It's because he's been replaced by someone who's not exactly a downgrade. It's a lot easier to replace your heroes when there's someone as good/better in ahead of them.. The team comes first, right?

If he was dropped for like Turnbull then you'd see chaos :lol:

It's because he's been replaced by someone who's not exactly a downgrade. It's a lot easier to replace your heroes when there's someone as good/better in ahead of them.. The team comes first, right?

If he was dropped for like Turnbull then you'd see chaos :lol:

Yeah, but Petr was a huge upgrade on Carlo while Thibaut is on par with Cech. I think the amazing season that Atleti had and their defensive style, played a huge part. Petr was virtually unknown to Chelsea fans.

Yeah, but Petr was a huge upgrade on Carlo while Thibaut is on par with Cech. I think the amazing season that Atleti had and their defensive style, played a huge part. Petr was virtually unknown to Chelsea fans.

Yeah true. Cech was also lucky because Cudicini's injury gave him the neutral platform with fans to showcase his talent.