test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thekid9

Player ratings

Started by thekid9,

21 posts in this topic

No, because that would mean 15 polls for each match.

Just post your player ratings in the thread..

Why 15?

One poll when you can rate the players.

Cech 0-10

Iva 0-10

Instead of just "vote" for one of them / more than one, just rate.

kellzfresh likes this

Why 15?

One poll when you can rate the players.

Cech 0-10

Iva 0-10

Instead of just "vote" for one of them / more than one, just rate.

Because you can't make a poll where you can rate several entries. We don't have that.

It would have to be a poll for every single player from the starting XI plus the 3 subs where you can vote for their rating between 1 and 10, and then also the MOTM poll. So 15.

Because you can't make a poll where you can rate several entries. We don't have that.

It would have to be a poll for every single player from the starting XI plus the 3 subs where you can vote for their rating between 1 and 10, and then also the MOTM poll. So 15.

Shame...

Ask Jim to invent something.... :D

NOT a good idea IMO ,,,if people wish to rate the players they can in the Post Match thread ,

the current vote is I think satisfactory , and sometimes amusing (when a sub on for 2 mins get voted)

BlueLion. likes this

It is a good idea, just very hard to implement as you would have to have a live calculation to average the result which would be very difficult to process as 100+ people were voting after every match.

BlueLion. likes this

You could always just have people posting their ratings and someone could average each of them out 24 hours after the game or so?

I suck at rating. I can only tell if a player plays shit or good, then they stand out. If they play average, then I'm useless. I observe games in general, not singling out any individuals. So a rating between 1-5 would be satisfactory, but 1-10 is too much imo if it ever gets implemented.

Occasional lurker here

Not saying that I am in favor since I find if very hard to rate players but if you want to do it you could use Google docs (like they do at Weaintgotnohistory) to collect the responses and at the same time you can get the averages and a distribution graph without any effort. This took me two minutes to make https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1_ccFMXieaBsYE6qY7dcE6YLCwinfHJQb__-WUSeV7UA/viewform?usp=send_form .

xPetrCechx and The Chels like this

Occasional lurker here

Not saying that I am in favor since I find if very hard to rate players but if you want to do it you could use Google docs (like they do at Weaintgotnohistory) to collect the responses and at the same time you can get the averages and a distribution graph without any effort. This took me two minutes to make https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1_ccFMXieaBsYE6qY7dcE6YLCwinfHJQb__-WUSeV7UA/viewform?usp=send_form .

If someone wants to do that every game then be my guest.

I'm still questioning the point of doing this player ratings. The current MOTM poll works just fine and if members want to rate each player, then they can do it in their post (and some fellas have been doing that anyway). In fact, it's probably better that way as when a member rates a player 6/10, for instance, then we can see why he/she only rated him 6/10 with the explanation, rather than just provide the numbers.

Can we go ahead with this then?

It's very hard to implement this idea, apart from the lack of purpose, but you can use the idea KDB suggested above. I doubt that's going to last though.

MOTM poll is fine. I'd like to see a lineup predictor competition on the lines of the prediction league for the cup games. That'd be fun.

MOTM poll is fine. I'd like to see a lineup predictor competition on the lines of the prediction league for the cup games. That'd be fun.

You mean with points and a leader board and every thing? That'll take a lot of time for someone to organize. Unless you are volunteering? :halo: