test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Blue-in-me-Veins

Honest Expectations and Bold Predictions for the 2014/15 Season

Started by Blue-in-me-Veins,

150 posts in this topic

Lampard top scorer of the league.

ManCity win the league.

Terminator X commits suicide by strangling himself with a leather belt signed by John Terry whilst masturbating to a photo of Jose Mourinho.

Rather conservative :ph34r:

BlueLion. likes this

It has come to my attention that now we have blown an eight point lead that we are no longer title favourites. The consensus amongst some on this forum now suggests we never were "favourites".

So: were we too bold to think we could win the title; or have we just surrendered our lead simply to a combination of bottle-jobbing in performances at Spurs, Newcastle, etc. and through having a tougher festive fixture list than City?

We had to have a near flawless first few months to get the 8 point lead in the first place, and City have had a near flawless couple of months themselves to claw it back.

That's how high the standard is this year, 46 point's in 20 games is outstanding returns by both team's, the way it's going one of us could end up getting high 80s or even 90s point's wise and still lose out.

Muzchap likes this

We had to have a near flawless first few months to get the 8 point lead in the first place, and City have had a near flawless couple of months themselves to claw it back.

That's how high the standard is this year, 46 point's in 20 games is outstanding returns by both team's, the way it's going one of us could end up getting high 80s or even 90s point's wise and still lose out.

Well we had 46 points from our first 19 - replicate that in games 20-38 and we'll win the league, simple.

Our start to the season was twice as hard as their's.

Tomo likes this

Anything short of winning the league would be a failure (unless we win the CL again). City have done better in the last month, mainly due to easier fixtures and considering their tougher away games (+ their visit at The Bridge) we still have a slight advantage at this point.

It has come to my attention that now we have blown an eight point lead that we are no longer title favourites. The consensus amongst some on this forum now suggests we never were "favourites".

So: were we too bold to think we could win the title; or have we just surrendered our lead simply to a combination of bottle-jobbing in performances at Spurs, Newcastle, etc. and through having a tougher festive fixture list than City?

Perhaps we wee not favourites in the beginning of the season, but when you are 8 points ahead of your biggest rival, you are indeed supposed to win.

Now we are no more, I think City will make it, again.

couldn't find any prediction by me here either, except I boldly predicted Oscar or Schurrle to score more than 15 goals in all comps. I'm so lost, lol

did you completely change yours?

I mean, mate, I really try to take you seriously, but then you post bullshit such as Mourinho being sacked unless he wins a domestic double? WTF is this shit?

You're so pessimist and say so many things that make little sense that til this day I don't know if you're a troll or serious. I don't know which one would be worse either...

This was to answer one of MrBlueGuy whatever posts, first, we did win a domestic double, but the troll didn't say a word about.

Second, the bold part remains true even one year later

already did in another thread. 21 goals all comps. Although I think I'll raise that to 25. 21 seems too modest.

This was to answer how many goals Costa would score in all comps. How many were at the end?

This was to answer how many goals Costa would score in all comps. How many were at the end?

20, 19 in the league. I think I said 25 league goals ... he surely would've got them without the injuries and suspensions.

Barbara likes this

Didn't Costa score 20 goals in the league? I think that penalty against Sunderland made it 20. He scored one in the capital one cup final so that makes it 21.

21 in all competitions - 20 in league, 1 in Capital One Cup.

Barbara likes this

Didn't Costa score 20 goals in the league? I think that penalty against Sunderland made it 20. He scored one in the capital one cup final so that makes it 21.

You're right, for some reason I remembered the final game as 2-1 with Remy scoring both.