Honest Expectations and Bold Predictions for the 2014/15 Season

I know there was a similar thread created, but that was before we even began our transfer dealings and such.

By now i'm sure you're all well aware of who we added and what not so there's no need examining the deals we've made so far. However, i will say that we desperately need a 2nd striker, because as great as this summer window has been (and i mean great in every sense of the word), it would be a real shame to see it all go to waste if say, Costa gets injured and we have to rely on Drogba and Torres for more games than we would like.

Having said all that, here's my Honest Expectations for the Season:

League- 1st place-- I believe our starting 11 is as good as City's and even if we don't get that 2nd striker, i believe JM can somehow someway rally the troops to get the desired results even when Costa is not playing.

FA Cup-Final--Two years is a long time since we've won the FA Cup :D . We seem to always go far (winning it 4 of the last 8 years), a lot depends on the luck of the draw and such but who am i to question our luck in this cup? I think it can be our year.

League Cup--Qtrs.-- We really should just be playing youth, and i think that's what we'll do. No need to go all out but again, it all depends on the draw.

UCL--Semi's-- Even if we face a very difficult opponent early in the competition (like in the round of 16 or Qtrs.), i think JM and Co. will get us to the Semis, but i still don't fancy this team winning it all, not just yet.

And lastly i'd like to hear a Bold prediction, (Chelsea related)

Bold Prediction: Hazard, Costa, and Schurrle combine for 43 goals in the League.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree with you on the league. Has to be our year! Even if this is to the detriment to our cup performances. Expext a decent run in Champions League but think quarters will be our time. Bold call would be Willian 15+ for the season.

-costa is worse than torres

-we lost the battle for 4th position in the last game.

-in champion league we get knocked out in 1/16 to roma.

-mourinho gets sacked

-hazard leaves to play in psg

-sell oscar to tottenham

-terry joins on free to manchester united

-rafa benitez replaces jose

-sign phil jones to replace terry

I expect us to win the league, win the FA Cup, maybe win the Champions League, and maybe win the Capital One Cup. But that's not how Football works, so if we were to win only one cup out of the four I listed, then I'd be fairly happy.

Bold prediction one out of Oscar and Schurrle to score more than 15 goals (if not both of them).

My expectations were higher when I thought we weren't going with Torres and Drogba as options for the striker position. They dropped significantly ever since and I think Mourinho stubbornness in the matter will cost us the title UNLESS my bold prediction becomes true.

If Oscar or Schurrle, but especially both, scores 15+ goals, we're settled. Our attack in general has to improve from last season, not only the strikers. We lacked incisiveness, aggressiveness, accuracy, bite and especially cojones. We need balls and I hope those players can be fired up by DD, by Mourinho and by themselves. We have a certain profile of players that concern me. Oscar, Hazard, Willian, Ramires, Azpilicueta, Torres, maybe Salah (don't know him well enough) or even Matic (not sure) don't have the winning spirit that Lamps, JT, DD, Ballack, Robben Iva have/had. Azpilli will leave his blood in the pitch, but that's because he's a clutchy player, not because he's a natural winner. we need to fire those guys up, to make them true Mourinho players that accept nothing less than winning.

So another bold prediction, at least half of those players (excluding Torres) will actually grow some wins-greedy balls (more like wishful thinking than prediction, but here is hoping).

Bold prediction one out of Oscar and Schurrle to score more than 15 goals (if not both of them).

My expectations were higher when I thought we weren't going with Torres and Drogba as options for the striker position. They dropped significantly ever since and I think Mourinho stubbornness in the matter will cost us the title UNLESS my bold prediction becomes true.

If Oscar or Schurrle, but especially both, scores 15+ goals, we're settled. Our attack in general has to improve from last season, not only the strikers. We lacked incisiveness, aggressiveness, accuracy, bite and especially cojones. We need balls and I hope those players can be fired up by DD, by Mourinho and by themselves. We have a certain profile of players that concern me. Oscar, Hazard, Willian, Ramires, Azpilicueta, Torres, maybe Salah (don't know him well enough) or even Matic (not sure) don't have the winning spirit that Lamps, JT, DD, Ballack, Robben Iva have/had. Azpilli will leave his blood in the pitch, but that's because he's a clutchy player, not because he's a natural winner. we need to fire those guys up, to make them true Mourinho players that accept nothing less than winning.

So another bold prediction, at least half of those players (excluding Torres) will actually grow some wins-greedy balls (more like wishful thinking than prediction, but here is hoping).

No mention of Diego Costa pls do a prediction on him!!!