Filipe Luís

Jase

Luis is the best lb in the world. What's with people wanting to drop Cahill though?

Cahill likes to back off from attackers. If we want to play more offensive, then our CBs need to be a bit more aggressive and cut out the space between defence and midfield. Although I'm not too sure how dropping him would be useful since Iva is quite passive too.

Cahill likes to back off from attackers. If we want to play more offensive, then our CBs need to be a bit more aggressive and cut out the space between defence and midfield. Although I'm not too sure how dropping him would be useful since Iva is quite passive too.

I'm dreading the sight of cahill backing off aguero on Sunday. Let's hope costa puts our chances away

Breath of fresh air. I'm trying to convince myself that Jose would have been so impressed as to start him against City, but I honestly doubt he'd change the back four.

The only bad thing about getting Iva to play CB is that it's going to be a waste to lose him attacking... Can't Azpili be a CB instead?

I know you're joking, but I did seriously suggest that the other day in the Cesc thread because he 'd be perfect at stepping up and covering the spaces in left by the central midfielders and playing 1vs1 when needed. But even I can't see it happening simply because of his lack of physical strength and heading ability.

Also not seen much of his pace but does anyone know if he's faster or as fast as Dave? He wasn't involved in that many sprints with Sam last night so just wondering if he can cope with Navas

From what I've seen of Luis over the years, I'd say he's faster than Azpi. But not by much. If there's one thing Chelsea lack, it's fullbacks with real pace.

Navas is very fast so whoever is facing him will have to outsmart him (if he's actually going to play).

Cahill got a not so good performance today. People are suggesting Iva at CB in his place and Luis + Azpi as the fullbacks.

For me it was not today, I been saying that since the second game of the season.

Just that most people didn't care because we was winning.

This is why when you win you also have to analyze if there was any red flags...things that gives you a warning sign.

As the red flag will eventually start to get exposed later down the line.

Anyone else followed the Question and answer session with Filipe Luis?

- Someone asked "who are the quickest players in the squad?" He said 1) willian 2) hazard 3) schurrle. I really thought Salah would be in the top 3.

- The funniest guy is Costa

- Best friends Costa, Courtois, Brazilians and Spaniards.

I would play him at Eastlands, we gave a player his debut there last season and that didn't end badly did it?

I know each case is unique and I can understand the argument for not playing him right away as the back 4 from last season worked so well, but this season it simply isn't working.