test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

DavidEU

Diego Costa

Started by DavidEU,

8,989 posts in this topic

What a business that was! Bought for like 32m. He gave us 3 prime years and 2 titles and was sold for 60m. He did not do shit in Atletico after he came back.

Vesper and DDA like this

42 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

What a business that was! Bought for like 32m. He gave us 3 prime years and 2 titles and was sold for 60m. He did not do shit in Atletico after he came back.

Sure was, pity he had to dance with other clubs when it really wasnt needed. Im sure we could have given him a juicy new contract. Yup he did jack shit for AM since returning.

Costa has never been the same since 2017. It was a good thing we sold him when we did. 

And before anyone jumps on this, the problem was we did not find the right replacement for him. 

Fernando likes this

On 6/16/2020 at 5:21 PM, NikkiCFC said:

Feels good doesn't it.

Conte on the Costa saga...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/11/17/antonio-conte-exclusive-interview-wanted-sign-lukaku-van-dijk/

Conte’s two-year Chelsea reign and the nature of his departure was one of the most spectacular in Premier League history. He came, he saw, he conquered and he got sacked, despite following up his title success by winning the FA Cup in what proved to be his final season.

Other than the 61-word statement, both Chelsea and Conte have remained silent on their divorce until now. But the 51-year-old has opened up to Telegraph Sport on the transfer hits and misses, joining an exclusive title-winning club, his relationship with owner Roman Abramovich, how he hopes to one day return to England and the infamous Diego Costa saga.

Conte’s preparations for his second season in charge were badly disrupted by Costa effectively using a text message as an excuse to force a move away, which in many ways pre-empted the storm that was to follow.

The striker had scored 20 goals in Chelsea’s Premier League success, but had agitated for moves to Atletico Madrid and China, before seizing on a text message in which Costa claimed Conte informed him he was no longer part of his plans.

Conte stands by his management of the situation and was conciliatory towards Costa. “First of all, I am a person that doesn’t want to speak badly about a situation with a player from a club that I trained,” he said. “It’s right always to keep good memories and I prefer to keep good memories also about Diego Costa because we won together a league title in an incredible season.

“But, for sure, the truth, we know the truth. The player, his agent, the club and I. We know how many times he asked to go away to Atletico Madrid at the start of the season, during the season to go to China, and at the end of the season to join, again, Atletico Madrid.

“This is the truth and, honestly, in my career I want to have players who are concentrated on my team and not to consider my team a second choice. My team must be the first choice.

“It was an incredible season and I managed, together with the club, the Diego Costa situation in the best possible way. But, in the end, the truth was only that the player wanted to leave many times to Atletico Madrid and during the season to go to China because he wanted the best contract.”

Atomiswave likes this