Diego Costa

Spike

I actually think he was one of our better players today. His link-up play was outstanding, movement really good and he was physically ready. Unfortunately the finishing wasn't there, but it's just a pre-season match.

His movement is criminally under rated, one of the best I have ever seen in that regard, I have improved my own off the ball game ten times over just by watching him all season.

His movement is criminally under rated, one of the best I have ever seen in that regard, I have improved my own off the ball game ten times over just by watching him all season.

Ten times zero is still zero.

... Oh wait, we're not talking about me.

Are people seriously doubting him after a few misses in a pre-season game? He is class. He has everything, hunger, power, pace, not to mention sheer ability to go on top of it. Goals will come soon, pre-season is pre-season.. its not like hes looked horribly out of place. His fitness and conditioning looks like it is better than at times last season where you could tell he wasn't fully there, hopefully he gets into top shape and stays fit for the whole season. Hes such a big miss, as big as JT, Fabregas or Matic if they weren't in the team.

Are people seriously doubting him after a few misses in a pre-season game? He is class. He has everything, hunger, power, pace, not to mention sheer ability to go on top of it. Goals will come soon, pre-season is pre-season.. its not like hes looked horribly out of place. His fitness and conditioning looks like it is better than at times last season where you could tell he wasn't fully there, hopefully he gets into top shape and stays fit for the whole season. Hes such a big miss, as big as JT, Fabregas or Matic if they weren't in the team.

Fabregas (rightly) got credit for helping us improve vs the lesser sides but Costa is just as big a reason if not bigger.

Remys a good back up option but Diego is streets ahead of the Frenchman.

Fabregas (rightly) got credit for helping us improve vs the lesser sides but Costa is just as big a reason if not bigger.

Remys a good back up option but Diego is streets ahead of the Frenchman.

Exactly Fabregas also improved us but if we didn't sign Costa and went with Torres or went with Drogba or Remy upfront to start? Fair enough Remy is a good striker but hes not in that bracket that Costa is. Its not even Costa's finishing/ability that I find most pleasing, its his attitude and willingness which people sometimes question, hes willing to push his luck to win, he chases lost causes, you can tell hes had to work hard to get to where he is, hes hungry.

Exactly Fabregas also improved us but if we didn't sign Costa and went with Torres or went with Drogba or Remy upfront to start? Fair enough Remy is a good striker but hes not in that bracket that Costa is. Its not even Costa's finishing/ability that I find most pleasing, its his attitude and willingness which people sometimes question, hes willing to push his luck to win, he chases lost causes, you can tell hes had to work hard to get to where he is, hes hungry.

For sure, its his off the ball movement that gets me the most, he's so clever with it it causes absolute mayhem, like vs Arsenal when he dragged Metresaker wide leaving Koscielny at Hazards mercy.

I honestly believe he can get near to 40 goals with an injury free season, if not hit that number.

If people are serious, then I must say I would be very disappointed with our fans. Costa was great in both games and the only problem was his finishing while he was also unlucky quite a bit. That will come with form and fitness, but even without it, he's a great player to have on the pitch anyway.