Diego Costa

Spike

You guys have forgotten how much a red card is very damaging to the team, especially from one of our key players. A red card doesn't just send the player off for the rest of the match, the player also has a minimum of a 3 match ban.

Like now, we will not have Fabregas for our Community shield match and the first game of next season.

Costa was very lucky not to caught out by referees for most part. I do not like his game at all as it's very risky. Next season, there could be new hidden changes that Costa may not get away with his thuggish behaviours anymore. The PSG (Home) game really angered me. An easy, blatant red card, not spotted by the referees.

How exactly does he keep getting lucky in La Liga, BPL and the CL, except for the PSG home game? It's a little bit more to it than luck if you can constantly keep doing what you do without being sent off.

P.S.

Fabregas isn't currently banned for three matches and if he is, Community shield doesn't count.

That doesn't mean he should continue to do it. There's a reason now that when Costa goes down for a penalty, the refs think he's simulating. One of these days, his luck will run out and it will cost us. It's got to stop, his bullying tactics does not put the ball in the back of the net.

As I've said quoting him. It's the way he does things, which means he won't stop doing it, which means, people will either have to cheer him on or deal with it.

He is one of the few true warriors in our team and I like him because of that. I value passion in football alot because when shit gets tough and things dont go that well, you want players like Costa in the team.

That doesn't mean he should continue to do it. There's a reason now that when Costa goes down for a penalty, the refs think he's simulating. One of these days, his luck will run out and it will cost us. It's got to stop, his bullying tactics does not put the ball in the back of the net.

Diego and his antics are one and the same. You can't have the good without the bad with him. He wouldn't be producing what he does now, that's how he plays his football, as testified by Mourinho in one of his interviews.

You may not like it, but it's not gonna change and when you say that someday it will cost us, you may be right. But then you also have to look at all the things that it has brought us. Like the title this season in which he had a very important role and many more victories in the future i predict.

Would rather have someone who shows a bit off bottle and fight rather than throwing themselves to the ground and pretending to be hurt like one or two of recent legends.

Teams at the moment systematically target him by taking turns...WBA did it perfectly.

I love his reactions and lets defenders know that they are in a battle.

Jose and others ( even media such as talksport ) have started to speak out about this systematic fouling of him and hopefully refs will be wise to it and start to protect him. Reminds me of how George Best was targeted and how he could look after himself

He is one of the few true warriors in our team and I like him because of that. I value passion in football alot because when shit gets tough and things dont go that well, you want players like Costa in the team.

You are confusing passion for stupidity and immaturity. The key difference between a passionate player and a thug is how they channel their emotions. On one end of the spectrum you have players like Messi, Hazard,JT et al who depsite the kicking, fouling, taunting (in JT's case) channel that emotion to destroy their opponent on the pitch metaphorically speaking and on the other end are immature thugs like Costa, balotelli et al who live and die for the drama and lose their head and discipline easily.

God help us the day Hazard becomes quote on quote "passionate" :D with the amount of fouling and kicking he receives. . . .

Would rather have someone who shows a bit off bottle and fight rather than throwing themselves to the ground and pretending to be hurt like one or two of recent legends.

Teams at the moment systematically target him by taking turns...WBA did it perfectly.

I love his reactions and lets defenders know that they are in a battle.

Jose and others ( even media such as talksport ) have started to speak out about this systematic fouling of him and hopefully refs will be wise to it and start to protect him. Reminds me of how George Best was targeted and how he could look after himself

Why are you not asking the right question here which is why are teams targeting him? and the simple answer is because they know he's a loose cannon and are capitalizing on this weakness of his. if he wasn't a wild card, the opposition would have nothing to target.

They are targeting him....firstly and foremost because he is a bloody good player who has defined our season.

Loose cannon my backside....he knows exactly what he is doing and he is also playing the game of winding defenders up....two way street here.

A season where he has been badly fouled and not picking up any reds....pretty damn good

They are targeting him....firstly and foremost because he is a bloody good player who has defined our season.

Loose cannon my backside....he knows exactly what he is doing and he is also playing the game of winding defenders up....two way street here.

A season where he has badly been fouled and not picking up any reds....pretty damn good

I'm sure majority of opposition fans would rather have a quality striker that isn't a ****head or feels the need to behave like one all the time. Aguero,zlatan,benzema,lewadowski et all do their business without having to resort to thuggerish antics. Even the vilian suarez has toned down his negatives a notch, atleast he doesnt spend majority of every game being confrontational and that hasn't stopped him for being effective and world class

I find it baffling how some are in support of his unneccesary scumbaggish behaviour on the pitch. I hope there never comes a day when I start endorsing and encouraging negative behaviours in footballers. For now I think I will stick to praising strikers for their positives like goals, link up plays, maturity, reliability etc.

Party pooper. You never liked him tbh

Liverpool(coc, home), PSG(away), Everton(away), Sunderland(home) - he could have been sent off easily. I think I could find more.

I don't dislike his style but a few times he's gone too far. It's not funny anymore if it's dangerous for the team.

With the exception of the PSG game, what exactly did he do in the other matches to warrant a red card? Sure, he stamped on Can, had altercations with Brown and O'Shea etc but can anyone prove that he meant to do what he did? Sometimes I wonder whether people are judging Costa because of his 'not so pretty' style and aggression rather than the merit of each incident.

And oh, please go ahead and state more incidents. You said he should have been sent off at least five times but I've seen only four so far.

Should have kept Torres purely for his lack of confrontation, wish Diego would just get smashed about like Ferdinand did to Torres without a whimper in reply

Why deflecting argument by saying such stupid thing ? It becomes a theme here. When you talk something bad in Mourinho thread some reply that we obviously should stick with Scolari/AVB/Benitez to make people happy.

Personally, I don't care much about Diego Costa behaviour. But more about how long it takes him to back to his best. He has to be in absolutely best shape and form to have acceptable level of first touch, ball control and link-up play, which takes 3-4 dire games to get there.

The fact is we got Diego Costa for 38m€ and Fabregas for 33m€, two world-class players by basic merit, BUT let's be honest, they have FLAWS and Chelsea, as one of the biggest clubs, should have alternative to them.

Why deflecting argument by saying such stupid thing ? It becomes a theme here. When you talk something bad in Mourinho thread some reply that we obviously should stick with Scolari/AVB/Benitez to make people happy.

Personally, I don't care much about Diego Costa behaviour. But more about how long it takes him to back to his best. He has to be in absolutely best shape and form to have acceptable level of first touch, ball control and link-up play, which takes 3-4 dire games to get there.

The fact is we got Diego Costa for 38m€ and Fabregas for 33m€, two world-class players by basic merit, BUT let's be honest, they have FLAWS and Chelsea, as one of the biggest clubs, should have alternative to them.

Every player in the world has flaws.

Every player in the world has flaws.

But they as 'world-class players' have too many of them.

Fabregas is going AWOL in every big game and is not seen in the second part of the season. 2 features he is repeating for 5th, 6th or 7th time in his career.

And DC has dogshit technique and is pretty much useless when is not in top form. Also is enormously weak in the air for his size.

Many abilities, many flaws as well. They are on the fringe of being world-class and very good players because the sheer WC players don't have such flaws. But I guess for that price you can't have full product.

Welcome to talkcheksea. They will attack and address everything except the point you are actually making or the main argument. They know themselves, won't mention names.