Diego Costa

Spike

Apart from Liverpool away when they were at their worst he hasn't scored a big game winner yet. 2 against a now looking like terrible Everton side, 1 against Spurs which we lost anyway and a late goal against Arsenal which we probably would have hanged on.

PSG is the perfect chance to open his CL account for us, tiredness is not an excuse because the whole team had a whole week to rest.

Apart from Liverpool away when they were at their worst he hasn't scored a big game winner yet. 2 against a now looking like terrible Everton side, 1 against Spurs which we lost anyway and a late goal against Arsenal which we probably would have hanged on.

Or we might have dropped points from a lame refereeing mistake / Cahill brainfart like in other games when we were only 1 goal up. We probably wouldn't have lost to Tottenham had we not gone 2 behind before the break which forced us to be ultra offensive.

:lol: I like how you're using any excuse to discount the importance of those goals.

Naaa just stating the facts :P you could argue apart from that Liverpool goal none of the other were in theory decisive goals. Still got lots of time to correct that though ;) starting with PSG.

I worry more about his abysmal technique and all round play more than his little goal drought tbh. He offers nothing when he doesn't score.

His off-the-ball movement is still very good though, despite what can be said about his technique on the ball. That in itself is should be a big benefit to the three players behind him.

I think your exaggerating a bit, his overall play is nowhere near that bad, admittedly he has had a few shockers especially of late.

At the start of the season his all round play was top class, ignoring the goals for one minute I can't think of many bad decisions he made, technically or tactically, I remember because that was the thing I was liking the most about him even before the goals.

Also his off ball movement is brilliant, case in point against Arsenal when he dragged Mertesaker wide leaving Koscielny at Hazards mercy, and we were struggling in that game, without that moment Arsenal may have done what they did at The Ethiad, us breaking Arsenal down that afternoon was by no means 'a matter of when' that people made out. Then there was his goal in that game, his first touch completely took Chesney out of the picture, you don't do that with awful technique.

He may not be the most pleasing on the eye footballer there's ever been, but he's a bloody good striker.

If you believe his overall play is top class then we have different definition and recognition of what a top class general play is. One or two examples means absolutely nothing as even old washed up version of torres and chicharito have had moments or a few games where their overall play was really good but it's the consistency that separates the agueros from the costas in this regard. He has a great off the ball movement but so do poachers like chicharito.

And this has nothing to do with his game not "being easy on the eyes" prime drogba wasn't necessarily easy on the eye either but had a top class all round game.