test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

DavidEU

Diego Costa

Started by DavidEU,

8,977 posts in this topic
Im still here. 17 goals this season so far. Won us many points, more than any other play.

But are you defending his disgraceful behaviour towards Chelsea Football Club?
BoyBlue96 likes this

15 hours ago, Chelsea? said:

Is Lukaku better of the ball than Diego?

Both poor. 

Diego is already in China or whatever his next destination may be. 

Benzema might be off imo. I would take him as a Diego replacement because it would help out someone like Hazard loads. 

Disgraceful in what sense? Because he wanted to leave?

Drogba wanted to leave at few times, even Lampard was tempted by Inter. 

Drogba didn't fight with his manager. And Drogba wanted to leave because the dressing room was broken. Not because of money.

But even then I called out on Drogba for being an ass when he said that. The reason Drogba is a legend today because he didn't go in the end, and the hate he had for Chelsea turned to genuine love.

Will the same thing happen to Costa? We don't know, lightning barely strikes twice. But I'm going to call out on fecking Costa for what he is doing NOW, just like I did with Drogba (too bad I wasn't on TC then).

Also just because what Drogba did before (which was a disgrace and probably regretted) doesn't mean Costa can do it too.

22 hours ago, Mana said:

But are you defending his disgraceful behaviour towards Chelsea Football Club?

Yep thats exactly what I said. Pull more bullshit out your arse.

2 hours ago, Mana said:

Drogba didn't fight with his manager. And Drogba wanted to leave because the dressing room was broken. Not because of money.

But even then I called out on Drogba for being an ass when he said that. The reason Drogba is a legend today because he didn't go in the end, and the hate he had for Chelsea turned to genuine love.

Will the same thing happen to Costa? We don't know, lightning barely strikes twice. But I'm going to call out on fecking Costa for what he is doing NOW, just like I did with Drogba (too bad I wasn't on TC then).

Also just because what Drogba did before (which was a disgrace and probably regretted) doesn't mean Costa can do it too.

Point 1 - Costa wanted to go to Atletico not China. So the money point is mute.

Point 2 - If im not mistaken, Costa also didnt go in the end. 

Blue Armour and The Skipper like this

To compare Costa to Drogba is like comparing Suarez to Messi. The stats may say they're in the same league, and heck, maybe they are, but there's the intangibles. Most of us would cry for Drogba. A personal loss of his, any sort of devastation, even him leaving, it'll cause wet eyes, and it's not just because he scored goals. Exactly the same with Messi. Absolutely untrue for both Costa & Suarez; though if they played for Atletico & Liverpool still, there would be tears. 

So what I'm saying is, they've already bonded and given themselves to other clubs. They're loved by other fans more than their current fans do; they contributed more to their previous clubs than they do to their current (that shows how great Costa was for Atletico), and their hearts are owned by those that first showed them true love. Costa's heart was already won before coming here; we could do nothing to turn him into a legend a la Drogba. There's no romance. For Drogba; we set the stage for him. For Suarez, Liverpool set the stage for him. We won't have another legendary or universally-loved striker until the context is different; until we aren't counting on a mega-sum signing, and instead, being hopeful over a youth product or cheap wunder-player from elsewhere. That's where the romance is, that's where the bonds are formed, and that's where the loyalty is honed. 

I think Lukaku could provide a good fling, but not true romance.

1 hour ago, Polo7 said:

Yep thats exactly what I said. Pull more bullshit out your arse.

But you said "I'm still here" in response to me saying "Where are the Diego defenders?"  And regardless, you are clearly defending his bad behaviour because of your post below:

1 hour ago, Polo7 said:

Point 1 - Costa wanted to go to Atletico not China. So the money point is mute.

Point 2 - If im not mistaken, Costa also didnt go in the end. 

He wanted to go Atletico before the beginning of this season. China happened later on this season.

Yes he didn't go in the end, because Atletico didn't want him (lol, after his catastrophic performances last season, who would want him at the time?) but ever since the China debacle, he has been way worse. You cannot argue with this. You keep on bringing "17 goals", but an odd 90% of them were scored before the China debacle.

And China are still after him, they'll probably go after him when the season ends. Let's see if Costa still stays. (he probably won't)

Indeed, every very-attractive offer seems to instantly interest him for months on end. You simply don't want players like that around long term.

59 minutes ago, Leif said:

To compare Costa to Drogba is like comparing Suarez to Messi. The stats may say they're in the same league, and heck, maybe they are, but there's the intangibles. Most of us would cry for Drogba. A personal loss of his, any sort of devastation, even him leaving, it'll cause wet eyes, and it's not just because he scored goals. Exactly the same with Messi. Absolutely untrue for both Costa & Suarez; though if they played for Atletico & Liverpool still, there would be tears. 

So what I'm saying is, they've already bonded and given themselves to other clubs. They're loved by other fans more than their current fans do; they contributed more to their previous clubs than they do to their current (that shows how great Costa was for Atletico), and their hearts are owned by those that first showed them true love. Costa's heart was already won before coming here; we could do nothing to turn him into a legend a la Drogba. There's no romance. For Drogba; we set the stage for him. For Suarez, Liverpool set the stage for him. We won't have another legendary or universally-loved striker until the context is different; until we aren't counting on a mega-sum signing, and instead, being hopeful over a youth product or cheap wunder-player from elsewhere. That's where the romance is, that's where the bonds are formed, and that's where the loyalty is honed. 

Reveal hidden contents

I think Lukaku could provide a good fling, but not true romance.

What the fuck is this ? you've been reading too much Mills and Boon mate.

the wes, The Skipper and 11Drogba like this

10 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

What the fuck is this ? you've been reading too much Mills and Boon mate.

200_s.gif

I don't get why people are complaining that player want to move.

I have 0 problem, football is business, turnover is normal. If Diego want to move, as long as we get tons of money from him and reinvest the money in good players why not.

Lukaku is probaby our main target if diego is going to leave, we need a player who can play against 2 cb and be a physical threat upfront.

If hazard want to leave is whole another story because finding a similar replacement is almost impossible.

the wes likes this

All I want from Costa is to stay focus till end of the season after that I don't care if he leaves if we can get £80m for him and we get lukaku for £65m I would be happy with that :)

What the fuck do some people here expect? Half of our team is filled with mercenary players. They proved that last year. 

Do you think Costa loves Chelsea? Sod off. Mercenary written all over him. 

AND that's not a horrible thing because 90% of all the footballers nowadays are mercs. 

16 hours ago, Mana said:

Drogba didnt fight with his manager? Scolari. Anyway, i wouldn't take any "fight" a player has with Conte seriously, I mean we are talking about the same man who called Buffon a halfwit.

Point is Costa may have wanted to leave and didn't get what he wanted, yet there was no problem in the first half of the season and even since China gate when hes supposedly been awful hes still scored 3 in 6 and hit the woodwork I think twice (I know for sure vs Arsenal but swear there was another time too). If Torres had a run like that the be a national holiday declaring him back to his best

Drogba is one of my football heroes but I don't suffer from amnesia. Drogba was an inconsistent striker who never produced consecutive world-class level seasons for Chelsea. Yeah, I said it.

Out of nine seasons in Chelsea colours he only broke the 20-goal barrier twice. He also went through droughts and poor spells. At times he was downright awful and terribly frustrating.

Excluding his final season, he scored 0,46 gpg. In his first three seasons for Chelsea he averaged the same rate (0,46) and won two league titles during the time. This is Costa's third season. He averages 0,50 gpg and is on his way to win his second league title. Drogba was a much better performer in Europe from what I remember from those first three campaigns though.

Yes, I know Drogs was more than a goal-scorer (Diego also has a bigger impact on Chels than merely putting the ball in the net) and yes, he's better than Costa, but I don't understand why it's always so exaggerated. And it took Drogs a while to really take off so why not give Diego the same time.

Tomo likes this

6 minutes ago, DYC. said:

Drogba is one of my football heroes but I don't suffer from amnesia. Drogba was an inconsistent striker who never produced consecutive world-class level seasons for Chelsea. Yeah, I said it.

Out of nine seasons in Chelsea colours he only broke the 20-goal barrier twice. He also went through droughts and poor spells. At times he was downright awful and terribly frustrating.

Excluding his final season, he scored 0,46 gpg. In his first three seasons for Chelsea he averaged the same rate (0,46) and two league titles during the time. This is Costa's third season. He averages 0,50 gpg and is on his way to win his second league title. Drogba was a much better performer in Europe from what I remember from those first three campaigns though.

Yes, I know Drogs was more than a goal-scorer (Diego also has a bigger impact on Chels than merely putting the ball in the net) and yes, he's better than Costa, but I don't understand why it's always so exaggerated.

One thing about Drogba he always turn up at finals and big CL games