test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

DavidEU

Diego Costa

Started by DavidEU,

8,977 posts in this topic

Am I the only one here who thinks Mourinho just bring this injured Costa bullshit so he can play him *surprisingly* against City?

Hmm, its quite obvious that Costa is infact having problems with his hamstring, dont u think ?

We all know that SOME players dont recover after surgery (no names mentioned) but I think if I was Costa I would have rather taken the risk and have jumped up on that operating table as soon as the Palace game finished and have recuperated till the new season than to go through all the shit and pain he went thru last season.

Its clear to see that the gamble taken to rest up just has not worked. And whether it was a joint club/med team/Costa/private Dr decision or what its meaning we are going to be in a tough position. Specially with each one of our AMs either in dreamtime or just dont offer enough offensively we might be buggered!!

We laugh all the time at Sturridge's situation at Liverpool but the fact that we got a similar injury prone striker on our own is ironic. Honestly if this season ends with him getting less than 15 goals and playing less than 30 matches with Falcao/Remy struggling in big matches I really hope we blow 40m next summer on a YOUNG INJURY FREE STRIKER who just had a good season, maybe Lacazette if he has a great season again.

Injured - 22??? :carlo: :carlo: :carlo:

I am guessing he missed around 22 official games we had last season and probably won't be wrong, he virtually missed the last 2 months of the season.

We laugh all the time at Sturridge's situation at Liverpool but the fact that we got a similar injury prone striker on our own is ironic. Honestly if this season ends with him getting less than 15 goals and playing less than 30 matches with Falcao/Remy struggling in big matches I really hope we blow 40m next summer on a YOUNG INJURY FREE STRIKER who just had a good season, maybe Lacazette if he has a great season again.

I think that's the distinct reality that we're facing here. Jose made the call--let Costa heal naturally and don't invest heavily in a top-notch striker--and the way it's looking it may have been the wrong call.

Like Jose is ever going to tell you his line up until about 20 minutes to go in the game. lol. I'm usualy scrambling around in the last 30 minutes trying to Chelsea players ever week. Best choice is not to pick them, but stay with the main guys like Hazard, JT, Ivanovic, Fabregas. Others, I'm not to sure about.

We all know that SOME players dont recover after surgery (no names mentioned) but I think if I was Costa I would have rather taken the risk and have jumped up on that operating table as soon as the Palace game finished and have recuperated till the new season than to go through all the shit and pain he went thru last season.

Its clear to see that the gamble taken to rest up just has not worked. And whether it was a joint club/med team/Costa/private Dr decision or what its meaning we are going to be in a tough position. Specially with each one of our AMs either in dreamtime or just dont offer enough offensively we might be buggered!!

Like Barbara said, surgery is an incredibly risky procedure, if it was guaranteed or even high chance off the problems being 'fixed' don't you think the club would have took that course of action?
Barbara likes this

I have to admit, I am starting to worry about his fitness. This team is not the same without him.

He's vital to whatever succes which can be achieved in 15/16 so we can only hope he'll be fit.

Barbara and Tomo like this

Like Babara said, surgery is an incredibly risky procedure, if it was guaranteed or even high chance off the problems being 'fixed' don't you think the club would have took that course of action?

Then just MAYBE our amazing medical department should have looked at it a little bit closer before we bought him.

Or maybe us getting 1 PL out of him might have been worth it. hard to say..

Be careful what you wish for.

I remember a certain Loic Rémy setting Ligue 1 alight not so long ago... and now look at him.

We should really buy another striker, not like Costa isn't good but his regular hamstring injuries mean that we are for almost half the season without a great striker

LDN Blue likes this

We should really buy another striker, not like Costa isn't good but his regular hamstring injuries mean that we are for almost half the season without a great striker

What the other strikers would think if we buy a new one! Balance is the key as the special one says!

It's fucking joke that the referees won't give decisions in Costa's/our favor because of his reputation. Should have gotten a few more free kicks due to someone fouling but Michael Oliver completely ignored them. :doh:

xPetrCechx likes this

It's fucking joke that the referees won't give decisions in Costa's/our favor because of his reputation. Should have gotten a few more free kicks due to someone fouling but Michael Oliver completely ignored them. :doh:

It's oliver... Clattenburg's friend...