Diego Costa

Spike

Flavour of the month.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/diego-costa-chelsea-transfer-target-2480742

Jose Mourinho wants Chelsea to buy a big-name striker in January - with Atletico Madrid’s Diego Costa on his wish-list.

Manager Mourinho believes the Blues need to add a new forward in the winter transfer window to strengthen their title challenge.

Have my doubts whether his robust style would actually suit the playing style that we are (supposedly) trying to implement here. And let's not forget that he may be shining now for Atletico Madrid because they are playing a style that suits him (and his team) and the fact that they also play with 2 strikers, which could have been beneficial to him.

Fuck Diego Costa!

Scolari isn't keen on him, right?

So if his own national team doesn't want him, where is he at fault if he wants to play for a side that could actually use his talent?

In my opinion, he should stay in Spain. We have Torres, Eto'o, and Ba who are all looking to be somewhat back to form under Mourinho. We also have Lukaku if we decide to recall as well.

A DM should be our main and only priority. Then we can worry about offloading.

Scolari isn't keen on him, right?

So if his own national team doesn't want him, where is he at fault if he wants to play for a side that could actually use his talent?

In my opinion, he should stay in Spain. We have Torres, Eto'o, and Ba who are all looking to be somewhat back to form under Mourinho. We also have Lukaku if we decide to recall as well.

A DM should be our main and only priority. Then we can worry about offloading.

Actually, Brazil is desperately in need of a striker. We have Fred, but he is in his last days and too injury prone, so a quality back-up is very important. And Diego Costa can be exactly what we need.

However, I find it very disrespectful the way he is treating his own country, it is very unpatriotic and not deserving of playing a World Cup inside Brazil!

I bet Scolari shares the same feelings I do. So, he will be divided by what is right to what is fair. But I will trust his final judgement, whatever it may be.

Now, none of that actually matters to Chelsea...

What matters is that Diego Costa wont add anything game changer to our attacking. He will be an expensive unnecessary player, especially because we already have 3 strikers in our squad!

I also agree 100% when you say we need to spend on someone to play in the pivot and not someone like Diego Costa...

EDIT: I have said all of this but I dont deny he is a very good player who can score goals. That is unquestionable!