James Rodríguez

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's a good player,  feels like a better version of Oscar.  But in the same way wouldn't he have the same problem as Oscar in not really fitting in the 3-4-3,  bit too slow for the wing imo. Then again I haven't seen him play that much this season and might be completely wrong. 

28 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Well I'm not surprised. Said it before, James to me has the reeks of a Conte type of player. 

Conte wants him and Chelsea will get him. 

Dont we wish it was that simpe eh/

5 minutes ago, Thendo said:

He's a good player,  feels like a better version of Oscar.  But in the same way wouldn't he have the same problem as Oscar in not really fitting in the 3-4-3,  bit too slow for the wing imo. Then again I haven't seen him play that much this season and might be completely wrong. 

For crying out loud, like if 3-4-3 is the only formation in the world.....

3 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Unless we improve our cb and fb situation, a back 3 is the only viable alternative. So 343 or 352 take your pick. 

Personally don't want James. Always gave me the impression of a stinky attitude, pretty slow and not great off the ball. Good left foot though. 

9 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Never said that,  but that is what we've been playing and probably will start the season with. Even if we go for 3-5-2 or something similar we would somehow have to fit Eden into it, not to mention that Fabregas would probably be involved. Just saying Im not sure where he would play in that scenario,  but hey if Conte really wants him he'll probably have a better idea than me. But I doubt we will sign James. 

6 minutes ago, Supermonkey92 said:

Unless we improve our cb and fb situation, a back 3 is the only viable alternative. So 343 or 352 take your pick. 

Personally don't want James. Always gave me the impression of a stinky attitude, pretty slow and not great off the ball. Good left foot though. 

Well yes you have a point. At the moment we can only play that formation and it is why we shall see what FB we get. 

CB I think Andreas might get a chance. Don't know if we will buy a CB. We shall see. 

5 minutes ago, Thendo said:

Never said that,  but that is what we've been playing and probably will start the season with. Even if we go for 3-5-2 or something similar we would somehow have to fit Eden into it, not to mention that Fabregas would probably be involved. Just saying Im not sure where he would play in that scenario,  but hey if Conte really wants him he'll probably have a better idea than me. But I doubt we will sign James. 

Conte don't want the 3-5-2. Read what he wanted to do originally when he came to Chelsea. 

I supposed that is still his plan, but yeah if we can't 3-5-2 might be the only option next season. 

Unless we get the personal to play the 4-2-4 as Conte wanted and this summer window might let us know that. 

I wonder how well he could play as a shadow striker next to Lukaku in a 3-5-2. With Hazard below them in no.10 position and Bakayoko and Kante as the defensive shield in midfield. 

2 hours ago, Fernando said:

Well yes you have a point. At the moment we can only play that formation and it is why we shall see what FB we get. 

CB I think Andreas might get a chance. Don't know if we will buy a CB. We shall see. 

Conte don't want the 3-5-2. Read what he wanted to do originally when he came to Chelsea. 

I supposed that is still his plan, but yeah if we can't 3-5-2 might be the only option next season. 

Unless we get the personal to play the 4-2-4 as Conte wanted and this summer window might let us know that. 

Where would James fit in a 424

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You