test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

MrExcalibur100

James Rodríguez

Started by MrExcalibur100,

1,483 posts in this topic

I can only see him playing in our midfield in our current set up, but I'm certainly not against a playmaker at a reasonable price.

I think he could be an incredibly dangerous player, has great vision and an amazing shot. He would excel in a free role with hazard behind/around a big striker like Lukaku. Would add a lot to our dead ball threat as well. Problem is always price and dealing with Madrid. I would celebrate his arrival but I find it unlikely it happens. 

Fernando, kellzfresh and jernej93 like this

Club (Season): Minutes per goal or assist
Real Madrid (2016/17): 76
Real Madrid (2015/16): 103
Real Madrid (2014/15): 101
Monaco (2013/14): 121
Porto (2012/13): 121

Outstanding stats from Rodriguez 

BluesMadLad likes this

20 minutes ago, the wes said:

Club (Season): Minutes per goal or assist
Real Madrid (2016/17): 76
Real Madrid (2015/16): 103
Real Madrid (2014/15): 101
Monaco (2013/14): 121
Porto (2012/13): 121

Outstanding stats from Rodriguez 

I think If we signed him it would be quality 70mill for a game changer is a bargain imo 

jernej93 and Chelsea? like this

4 minutes ago, milka said:

Real Madrid are considering Chelsea's £65m offer for James Rodriguez & are willing to let him join Chelsea. (AS) #CFC

Have we even bid? 

6 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Nobody knows for sure, only the club.

I can't see it personally I'd love James here but it won't happen if we had sold Pedro or willian then maybe we still have cesc and matic as Well 

15 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Nobody knows for sure, only the club.

It seems AS know... :D:D:D

5 minutes ago, Tautvix said:

It seems AS know... :D:D:D

They claim to know. Best thing to do is just wait because we have been linked too and are apparently signing nigh on every fucker.

10 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

They claim to know. Best thing to do is just wait because we have been linked too and are apparently signing nigh on every fucker.

I am trolling...

Of course we haven't bid for James.

Supermonkey92 likes this

24 minutes ago, milka said:

Real Madrid and Chelsea agree £65 million transfer

https://www.sportskeeda.com/football/real-madrid-and-chelsea-agree-65-million-transfer

James Rodriguez will hold talks with Chelsea in the next few days and could be unveiled next month if he agrees to a deal. (AS) #CFC

How much off a reliable source is that? 

6 minutes ago, BluesMadLad said:

How much off a reliable source is that? 

That's a good point maybe someone should post a list on credible sources. Seems anyone with a Twitter account can post any old bullshit.

mashimaru161 likes this

51 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

That's a good point maybe someone should post a list on credible sources. Seems anyone with a Twitter account can post any old bullshit.

From a quote in reddit:

No one, MARCA and AS are Real Madrid press. Mundo Deportivo and Sport are Barcelona press. This 4 newspapers are shit when you are looking for a "reliable newspaper". There's some good journalist like Julio Maldonado but that's all.

Supermonkey92 and The Skipper like this

I know he is a divisive player, but I think he can really be special. He could be Juan Mata 2.0. He gives us skills we currently do not have and gives us more danger going forward. He can ping them in from distance and is a special passer of the ball. His work rate needs to be improved but that is Conte's specialty. Plus having Kante/Bakayoko behind really opens up the possibility of playing with James/Hazard/Lukaku which is truly frightening for an opponent. We could play a 352 with James as the highest midfielder, A 343 with James/Hazard drifting all over the field behind Lukaku or a 4231 with James in the #10. 

Teams wouldn't be able to Man Mark hazard with James on the field and with Hazard/James behind Lukaku he is going to have a field day up front. Really interesting situation IF its true 

King11Didier and !Hazard! like this