test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

MrExcalibur100

James Rodríguez

Started by MrExcalibur100,

1,483 posts in this topic

Dont want this to happen. Very clumsy when pressed, easily rushed. Which is a shame because when he has time and space he has a great left foot. Passing, shooting or crossing you name it. Not a big game player though and wed be stupid to spend 70m. 

On 21. 8. 2016 at 6:51 PM, Supermonkey92 said:

Dont want this to happen. Very clumsy when pressed, easily rushed. Which is a shame because when he has time and space he has a great left foot. Passing, shooting or crossing you name it. Not a big game player though and wed be stupid to spend 70m. 

46 minutes ago, Supermonkey92 said:

I knew I've seen this already... no need to say it twice :)

7 minutes ago, svajo said:

I knew I've seen this already... no need to say it twice :)

I thought i already said it! 

As soon as i clicked to comment the entire post appeared ready to submit so i assumed i hadnt already :P

uploaded over 8 hours ago by the redmen tv

video length - 16:38

fast forward to 10:45 when the transfer talks begin.

Liverpool In For James Rodriguez? | #LFC News Daily

#Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich could rescue James Rodriguez from his Real Madrid nightmare - the fee could easily be afforded. [Sport]

James Rodriguez would cost roughly €70million and #Chelsea still have €100million available to spend before deadline day. [Sport]

Jorge Mendes, the agent of James Rodriguez, has a close relationship with #Chelsea and Abramovich, which could also help. [Sport]

1 hour ago, KevinAshburner said:

It's the way in which, after five minutes of telling us what a wonderful player Rodriguez is, that lad on the right says, "I think he's left footed. I think I'm right in saying that he's left footed. Isn't he?"

Great scoutin dere lar!!!

I am sure, Roman wants him more than Conte.

Just like Roman and the board wanted Pedro?

Still think another midfielder next the another LB and CB is more important. Matic is wank.

Of all the name's we're currently linked with, this seems the most likely, and also the one I want the least.

No knock against James, but really, we need a CB, FB & CM far more than we need an attacking midfielder.

Muzchap and RuudiGullit like this

6 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

Of all the name's we're currently linked with, this seems the most likely, and also the one I want the least.

No knock against James, but really, we need a CB, FB & CM far more than we need an attacking midfielder.

Would say this one is most unlikely. Conte has publicly stated he wants defenders.

Just now, Dazzy_Vance said:

Would say this one is most unlikely. Conte has publicly stated he wants defenders.

I'm just afraid that Roman may go off piste for a name.  Sheva, Torres...

2 hours ago, KevinAshburner said:

Lol deluded c***s

16 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

History would have this nailed on over a defender of any worth ???

Sideshow Luiz and LDN Blue like this

I doubt we're even considering any more attacking signings. With Moses now emerging as a legitimate squad player who can make an impact the club probably feel we have enough attacking mids. In reality, an injury to Hazard and we are an extremely ordinary side.

It would be a Fabregas level surprise to me if we signed James.

8 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I doubt we're even considering any more attacking signings. With Moses now emerging as a legitimate squad player who can make an impact the club probably feel we have enough attacking mids. In reality, an injury to Hazard and we are an extremely ordinary side.

Mikel, Oscar, Matic, Pedro, Moses, Willian - average players. Not only our defense is problem, but we also need to add some second/third goal scoring threats. We have too much player who aren't great finishers and that's also our problem. Repair defense in this transfer window and try to sign James, that would put us probably head to head with Utd and City (no CL this year and we can turn our focuse to Premier League)

2 minutes ago, J.F. said:

Mikel, Oscar, Matic, Pedro, Moses, Willian - average players. Not only our defense is problem, but we also need to add some second/third goal scoring threats. We have too much player who aren't great finishers and that's also our problem. Repair defense in this transfer window and try to sign James, that would put us probably head to head with Utd and City (no CL this year and we can turn our focuse to Premier League)

Agree. We only have two "special" attacking players in Hazard and Costa. Outside of those two we haven't got a single player who we can rely on as a source of goals. All three of Willian, Oscar, and Pedro are wildly inconsistent when it comes to scoring. James would change that and could score 10+ in the PL alone as well as chip in 10+ assists.

Like I said, doubt the club feel the same way. If I were a betting man and had to wager a significant amount of money on how many signings we'll make before the deadline I'd say 1. And it'll be either a CB or a fullback. 

34 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Starting to think James will be used as a secondary striker(false 9) he'd be similar to how we use Ruben. 

The Skipper likes this

38 minutes ago, Pizy said:

True, I think we should focus on defenders first. 

But Hazard aside, our attacking mids are plain average in attack. Willian lacks end product, Oscar is inconsistent as fuck, Pedro is poor too. Moses, Kenedy, RLC, Cuadrado...lots of names, but no one in proper form. Would make big statement if we signed James.

But right now, I think CB, fullback and perhaps even another energetic mid are more important than marquee signing because we need to balance our side. 

If we sign CB and then James instead of fullback/b2b mid, he will need to have damn great season on level of 2015 Hazard to cover for our poor defense. And I dont think James is that kind of player. And I question his motivation once he moves from his dream club Real to one without CL and incomplete squad.