James Rodríguez

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, ZanSnake said:

18:09

JAMES STAYING PUT?

Real Madrid will not sell James Rodriguez this summer, reports AS.

James’ future has been subject to heavy speculation since the end of last season following a disappointing second campaign at the Bernabeu.

Arsenal and Chelsea have been linked with the Colombian in recent weeks but the Premier League duo are set to be disappointed in their pursuit of the former Monaco man.

According to AS, Real Madrid have informed James that he will not be sold during this transfer window

From SkySports Transfer Centre

AS are a poor source from what i've heard. 

10 minutes ago, Marvin123 said:

He's on

Yeah 3rd in minute 78. Doubt that's what he wants to do this whole season.

Edit:

That won't be any better when modric, ronaldo and benzema are back, btw

6 minutes ago, Artandur said:

Yeah 3rd in minute 78. Doubt that's what he wants to do this whole season.

Yep, and to think this match was without Cristiano so when he's back that's another player ahead of him in the pecking order. Benzema will shake things up too, even if he doesn't play in the exact same position as James he's still another option for Zidane to choose for the starting XI or to take on as a substitute so it might further limit his playing time.

Guillem Balague apparently has said he believes James will be off as soon as a €60M bid comes in. That's 52M in pounds, whoever gets him will get a pretty good deal considering the price madness of this transfer window. Having given it some thought I really wouldn't mind signing James. Not really sure where he'd fit in but I have faith in Conte to get the best out of everyone and an in-form James is a world class player who would improve pretty much any side in the world. At the moment Chelsea are too reliant on Hazard in attack but James would maybe change that.

4 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

He doesnt realy fit in system, he has poor attitude but yeah lets buy him because he will show few tricks every game.

Unless Conte knows exactly where James would play here, we should stay away.

Lol you should try watching him play one time

59 minutes ago, Dazzy_Vance said:

Lol you should try watching him play one time

I do and there is a reason why he or Isco dont play in first 11. 

Flicks and tricks get you to one point. Efficiency and intelligence is something else.

The only reason I would be happy with his buy is so that Eden has someone to play with. But speed of our midfield and defensive balance would get downgraded. 

Can you really blame him for having a poor attitude when he's treated like a squad player? He made a massive move to Madrid surely thinking he'd play a big part but as usual when the newest, shiny toy comes along he gets discarded.

I'm sure that if he gets a fresh start elsewhere where he can start week in and week out as a key player his attitude will be fantastic.

Still not a single reputable source has said we're really in for him so it's hard to get excited.

1 hour ago, BlueLyon said:

He doesnt realy fit in system, he has poor attitude but yeah lets buy him because he will show few tricks every game.

Unless Conte knows exactly where James would play here, we should stay away.

I don't really like the idea of buying castoffs for club record fees, no matter how good they are. Yes Ozil has done well at Arsenal but they didn't pay 60m euros for him. I don't like rescuing Madrid from poor deals by buying castoffs at ridiculous fees. If we are buying we have all the leverage anyways. He can spend the whole year on their bench at that high salary of his, and next year his value's gonna be even lower. I'd much rather not buy at all than pay that much money for him. He is already 25 by the way. Not really old but I thought he was younger.

Can you really blame him for having a poor attitude when he's treated like a squad player? He made a massive move to Madrid surely thinking he'd play a big part but as usual when the newest, shiny toy comes along he gets discarded.

I'm sure that if he gets a fresh start elsewhere where he can start week in and week out as a key player his attitude will be fantastic.

Still not a single reputable source has said we're really in for him so it's hard to get excited.

He would certainly help Hazard so he isn't the main catalyst of our attacks anymore and we as a team would become much more dangerous.

But I doubt he would fit Conte's system as he plans to play 3-5-2 in the long run and there is no way James could play in there as his workrate and positioning seems quite bad.

Well if we sell Pedro I think we will try for James. Still not a single source is saying that we are after him expect a single TV in Brazil. 

I expect a potential deal to be done right at the end of the window if it's going to happen.

28 minutes ago, nono said:

I don't really like the idea of buying castoffs for club record fees, no matter how good they are. Yes Ozil has done well at Arsenal but they didn't pay 60m euros for him. I don't like rescuing Madrid from poor deals by buying castoffs at ridiculous fees. If we are buying we have all the leverage anyways. He can spend the whole year on their bench at that high salary of his, and next year his value's gonna be even lower. I'd much rather not buy at all than pay that much money for him. He is already 25 by the way. Not really old but I thought he was younger.

60m euros is about £52m. Only £10m more than Ozil who went in a much more stable market. Madrid's cast offs include players like Mesut, Di Maria, Robben, Makelele as mentioned before. I'd gladly take any of them (at the age they left) in my team. 

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You