test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

MrExcalibur100

James Rodríguez

Started by MrExcalibur100,

1,471 posts in this topic

Neymar has all the freedom possible.. It is Oscar that doesn't have the freedom/

Yeah because all teams go all out against Brazil. :rolleyes:

Same against Chelsea.

this is all relative. To me the best performer has been Lionel Messi because of how poor Argentina has been, and how decisive Messi has been for them.

This goes back to Maradona vs Pele, and how we Brazilians always value the goal scorer vs the playmaker; it has worked quite well for us, but it is certainly debatable. Maradona was a genius, but as a Brazilian, Messi is not that far esp considering how often he scores.

Which is fair enough. Everyone has their opinion.

IMO Messi hasn't been that great this WC because even though he is single handily winning games for Argentina with brilliant moments of individual actions, he's been average himself for the majority of both games. I can't legitimately say he's been better than players such as Neymar, Benzema, Alexis, Robben, RVP, James just to name a few because those players have just performed better in the competition at the moment IMO. That's just a discredit to what they've been doing at this WC.

Which is fair enough. Everyone has their opinion.

IMO Messi hasn't been that great this WC because even though he is single handily winning games for Argentina with brilliant moments of individual actions, he's been average himself for the majority of both games. I can't legitimately say he's been better than players such as Neymar, Benzema, Alexis, Robben, RVP, James just to name a few because those players have just performed better in the competition at the moment IMO.

Completely agree, but then again while a player of his quality can create something out of nothing, he can't make the rest of the team work. If other players can't follow his movement and help him the way he's helped at Barca, he just can't perform at the same level. Even at Barca his performances dropped when the team struggled. That's natural as it's a team sport.

Yeah because all teams go all out against Brazil. :rolleyes:

Same against Chelsea.

Teams don't park the bus against Brazil. Neither Croatia or Mexico did.

Teams don't park the bus against Brazil. Neither Croatia or Mexico did.

I won't discuss what I did not write/say.

Now if you think Brazil and Neymar have the same freedom as James and Colombia, then I guess we just have to agree to disagree.

Not to mention, like I said before, the opposition. Either Mexico is as good as you say, in which case Brazil has faced tougher opponents than Colombia has, or Mexico is at the same level of the other teams in group C. When you criticize Brazil, you criticize Mexico too.

Completely agree, but then again while a player of his quality can create something out of nothing, he can't make the rest of the team work. If other players can't follow his movement and help him the way he's helped at Barca, he just can't perform at the same level. Even at Barca his performances dropped when the team struggled. That's natural as it's a team sport.

That's fair, but he's got quality around him in Di Maria, Aguero, Mascherano etc...

As you said, the whole team aren't really performing as well as they should be but that's more due to whatever their coach is doing than actual individual quality I think. Messi shouldn't rely on every team that he's on to play like Barcelona, he has to adapt himself too.

Robben for example has embraced his new role up front for Holland and has excelled. Messi is more talented obviously but he can't expect everything to be put in place for him just like at Barcelona. He needs to adapt.

Neymar has scored goals but he tends to drift in and out of matches, Robben and James have been the main force, dribbled, created and scored, they create excitement.

Neymar has scored goals but he tends to drift in and out of matches, Robben and James have been the main force, dribbled, created and scored, they create excitement.

He does that indeed.

Back to my point: Colombia has been playing against nobody really; perhaps C is the worst group.

Mexico and Croatia are better than any team in group C, aside from Colombia. That's why I think it's premature to judge James with so many different variables in play. What if he vanishes in the KO stages?

James likes this

Messi best player of the tournament followed by Neymar, Robben and James so far. RVP isn't too far behind either.

Messi, Robben, James, RVP.

Neymar 1 fake PK vs Croatia. 2 goals vs Cameroon. Not too impressive. IMO.

Messi, Robben, James, RVP.

Neymar 1 fake PK vs Croatia. 2 goals vs Cameroon. Not too impressive. IMO.

Robben for me. He has done it against better teams!

One thing I absolutely used to hate Robben for is how he'd falter in the biggest games, but since our CL final win against Bayern, Robben has pretty much consistently come up with the goods in pretty much every big game. He's been a man on a mission since then, so I think it's unfair to now call him a choker when he's pretty much done the business since 2012.

Who knows what will happen if he keeps up this consistency for this World Cup?

True. It took a bit, but he finally got it down in the big games. I like Bale better, but I could see why people would choose Robben.

kellzfresh and The Skipper like this

One thing I absolutely used to hate Robben for is how he'd falter in the biggest games, but since our CL final win against Bayern, Robben has pretty much consistently come up with the goods in pretty much every big game. He's been a man on a mission since then, so I think it's unfair to now call him a choker when he's pretty much done the business since 2012.

Who knows what will happen if he keeps up this consistency for this World Cup?

Just admit it Skippy. Just admit that you think Holland WILL win the World Cup! :P

iseah100 and Dion like this

I already posted twice about wanting James playing next to Hazard. Add to that the striker we're lacking and see magic happen on the pitch. I think he's an upgrade from Oscar.

I already posted twice about wanting James playing next to Hazard. Add to that the striker we're lacking and see magic happen on the pitch. I think he's an upgrade from Oscar.

James is an upgrade from nearly any #10. Young and already crazy good. Should improve more. He'd be amazing.

Azpinator likes this

WOW, this kid is on a different planet. He has been amazing so far in this World Cup. He is wasted in ligue 1.