test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

MrExcalibur100

James Rodríguez

Started by MrExcalibur100,

1,483 posts in this topic
Do not want him!..   too slow for AM slot ....He will struggle in PL ..rather spend that money on Dybala or Griezmann!

They're not for sale.

Unionjack likes this

55 minutes ago, Pizy said:

He's about 5 levels above Oscar in an attacking sense.

Yh yh I heard this story before...

Better than Oscar in dribbling, finishing, creativity, long range passing, crossing, through balls, ball retention. His main asset is his long range shots.

They're similar in pace, set pieces, short range passing and free kicks.

Oscar has him covered comfortably in tackling, defence and work rate.

I'd be happy to take him if we end up selling Fabregas. He offers a lot going forward but his lack of pace and below average tackling could be an issue for Conte. It could work though in a midfield of three if Kante stays healthy and Matic discovers his top form.

Take away his handful WC games where he played poor opposition, and he has very little to show.

he is a potential player priced as the end product.

Steagles likes this

Something like £55 million + Fabregas would make sense because Real apparently want to take Fabregas.. but whatever bid we do offer, it would be very ambitious!

I wouldn't mind seeing a team with Hazard, Rodriguez and Costa in it every week...

Fernando likes this

16 hours ago, Liuxas said:

Would be massive signing for us. World Class player and one of the most popular players in the world. I mean, if we spend on him 75 pounds I can predict the club will get this sum back from selling shirts. He's so popular in South America.

When will people learn that clubs make almost no money from shirt sales? The vast majority of kits are being provided by adidas directly to selling companies which means that adidas gets the money. Why else would adidas or any other shirt provider pay millions to football clubs if the latter didn't give up their shirt rights?

The only money clubs make through kits is by selling kits directly in their fan shops, no more.

Real has James, Isco, Kovacic, Asensio, not to mention even Modric who can all play the same position as #10. I would bet one of them will leave this summer.

James is the second coming of Lampard. Their creativity, superb pass/shoot, though a bit limited in ball control. 

Essien-Lampard-Makelele

->

Matic-James-Kante

It would be the best midfield in PL easily.

Sell 29 yrs old Cesc for ~40m and buy 25 yrs old James for 80m. Worth it.

Fernando, poup and kellzfresh like this

Likewise, I actually think he is suited for the pl. 

And he's not that old, perfect age to get his peek and with a manager like Conte it might push him to that greatness. 

For a right price yes a great buy, but for the 90 million the other day was thrown is just a no go. 

Let's see if anything comes about this. 

Liuxas and kellzfresh like this

2 hours ago, xPetrCechx said:

too expensive...

Mate, when we're linked to a £48m 25 year old defender, a £70m 23 year old striker.. I'd say this is quite cheap :lol::lol: 

chrismada9 likes this

1 minute ago, LDN Blue said:

Mate, when we're linked to a £48m 25 year old defender, a £70m 23 year old striker.. I'd say this is quite cheap :lol::lol: 

He's a striker?!

26 minutes ago, LDN Blue said:

Nah I meant Lukaku lol. I'd rather pay £55m for James than £70m for Lukaku.

that's a good discussion actually: james or lukaku? xPetrCechx posted a quote a few pages where james claimed madrid received a 85M euro bid for him. That's more or less the 75M pounds everton want for lukaku... not sure who i would go for between these two: lukaku is younger and proven 15-20 goal scorer in PL whereas james has the potential to be a sanchez/hazard type talent if he plays his best

PS: for the record, james isn't "slow", he is just average speed ...

16 hours ago, The Skipper said:

My question is - does he fit in Conte's system?

The answer is no, simply not good enough defensively.to play in CM & isn't a winger either.

12 minutes ago, Gilvorak said:

The answer is no, simply not good enough defensively.to play in CM & isn't a winger either.

Put him in front of Kante and Matic and I'm sure he'll be fine.

17 hours ago, The Skipper said:

My question is - does he fit in Conte's system?

Dont think so ... Unless he plays 4-2-4 and puts him as second striker or CF but in the 4-3-3 he wouldnt have a chance. 

For me in the current crop of players, Oscar is the best suited alongside Kante and Matic because of his defensive capabilities (if Oscar can get his offensive side up that will be superb).

If there is one player that we could/should go after who can fit into Conte 11 has to be Naingollan or a similar player.  But looks like that is not happening.