James Rodríguez

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't see where he'd play if we're going with 2 strikers. Makes even less sense for Man City to be after him. They have About £170m worth of attacking midfielders already and are close to signing Nolito. The hell would they need another super expensive #10 type?

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, The Skipper said:

We're not linked with him but I think he'd make a great addition. I think he's been put to the side a bit at Real, do you think we can get him at a cut rate price? :ph34r:

If by cut price you mean £50m, yeah! :D

Apparently United are favorites for him judging by what I'm seeing on Twitter. Why on earth they would need him is beyond me. Especially when they're about to spend £105m on Pogba.

6 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

We're not linked with him but I think he'd make a great addition. I think he's been put to the side a bit at Real, do you think we can get him at a cut rate price? :ph34r:

Conte has never played with nr.10 in his formation so I would say no. It would be something like Torres buy ... hey, he is good at Colombia, luxury player - let's buy him just because we can. NO! Can he play b2b midfielder? NO! Can he play striker? Probably not or at least it is not his primary position. I also think he is not suited  for deep playmaker position ... with Willian and Hazard on the wings I would say pass him and rather go for CB and another CM? :)

5 minutes ago, Pizy said:

If by cut price you mean £50m, yeah! :D

Apparently United are favorites for him judging by what I'm seeing on Twitter. Why on earth they would need him is beyond me. Especially when they're about to spend £105m on Pogba.

It's extremely excessive. I would take James for around that price though, especially if we say flog Oscar for £30m. 

James Rodriguez: "I will fight to earn my place in Madrid. That's my dream. I will stay at Real Madrid, I will succeed here" (Marca) #RMCF

James Rodriguez in an exclusive interview to Marca: "I know that the club had received a 85 million bid for me, but I'm not leaving" #RMCF

9 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Wow 85 million. 

Real Madrid if they wanted Pogba they could have sold James and Morata. 

It's interested that they chose not to. 

It sounds like it was James who chose to stay, though... Thats probably why they're trying to get extra money for Morata...

7 hours ago, Fernando said:

Wow 85 million. 

Real Madrid if they wanted Pogba they could have sold James and Morata. 

It's interested that they chose not to. 

Ummm no. They undoubtedly wanted to sell him but they can't get the money if the player doesn't want to go.

Think he said last week he will be staying at Real which is a shame because he is a superb player, I'm really baffled how Zidane doesn't seem to rate him or Isco and struggles to get him in to the team. Casemiro is a good footballer but Kroos played excellently as a CDM under Ancelotti the previous year...  

Think he said last week he will be staying at Real which is a shame because he is a superb player, I'm really baffled how Zidane doesn't seem to rate him or Isco and struggles to get him in to the team. Casemiro is a good footballer but Kroos played excellently as a CDM under Ancelotti the previous year...  

I still don't know if Conte will play a traditional number 10 or not, but if so him or Gotze would have been perfect, especially if you consider Oscar..

Then again Conte favours a 4-2-4 or 5-3-2 so we probably will play with three central midfielders and with Hazard and Willian on the wings.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You