test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

MrExcalibur100

James Rodríguez

Started by MrExcalibur100,

1,471 posts in this topic

Sensational player. One of the reasons i love the World Cup is because it is an excellent stage for those young players to shine.

I'd go as far as to say he has been the player of the tournament so far. So exciting to watch.

Robben and James are the best players so far.

James was always a great player at Porto.

However, people seem to forgotten about him after he moved with Moutinho to ligue 1.

I can see Barcelona making a deal for him....

Robben and James are the best players so far.

Neymar has played better than both...

How has he? Come on man, that's your Brazil bias coming through. He hasn't. Whilst he had a good game, Neymar wasn't even MOTM against Croatia IMO, that was clearly Oscar. The Cameroon game... Whilst he had another good game and scored some nice goals, IMO he wasn't MOTM there either - I'd have given it to Fernandinho. Robben dominated Chile & Spain, both better than any team in Brazil's group, whilst James has been outstanding in every single Columbia game.

James and Robben have been the best so far followed by Benzema and Neymar.

I agree with everything except the bolded part. Alexis sanchez for one has performed better than Neymar

Regardless Monaco have no reason to sell anyway.

Before the WC there were rumours in the portuguese media that he wanted to get out of there... Not sure if they were true though.

Monaco situation depends on their sponsorship deals and whether FIFA will examine any shady sponsorship deals.

Maybe in the coming 2 years we will know more clearly what is happening with Monaco.

James looks like he could be one of the top 5 players in the world ITF, so maybe Chelsea would sell a few of their players just to get him. Can't say I've seen him play much but the young man looks exceptional at this moment.

I agree with everything except the bolded part. Alexis sanchez for one has performed better than Neymar

Alexis has also been very good, must say. Would include him with Neymar on that list.

How has he? Come on man, that's your Brazil bias coming through. He hasn't. Whilst he had a good game, Neymar wasn't even MOTM against Croatia IMO, that was clearly Oscar. The Cameroon game... Whilst he had another good game and scored some nice goals, IMO he wasn't MOTM there either - I'd have given it to Fernandinho. Robben dominated Chile & Spain, both better than any team in Brazil's group, whilst James has been outstanding in every single Columbia game.

James and Robben have been the best so far followed by Benzema and Neymar.

It's Colombia. :) I know it's confusing though.

It's really silly to compare players when the teams are facing completely different opponents. Neymar and Oscar also have far less freedom on the pitch than other players.

Timing is also a factor: how would you rate Oscar in November 2013? Or Neymar, aside from his Brazil appearances?

It's all so very relative. James Roadriguez may yet join a top EPL side and then flop like many good players have. I'm not saying it will happen, but that we just don't yet know.

The grass is always greener...

It's really silly to compare players when the teams are facing completely different opponents. Neymar and Oscar also have far less freedom on the pitch than other players.

Timing is also a factor: how would you rate Oscar in November 2013? Or Neymar, aside from his Brazil appearances?

It's all so very relative. James Roadriguez may yet join a top EPL side and then flop like many good players have. I'm not saying it will happen, but that we just don't yet know.

I'm not really comparing either players, just anyone saying that Neymar has been a better performer than Robben and James is obviously just being biased.

For what it's worth, as I said in the same post, I still think Neymar has been one of the better performers in the competition but basically saying he's been the best player at the WC is delusional.

Edit:

In regards to Oscar - I was merely saying that if we sold him, James would be a great replacement. I'm not advocating whether we should sell Oscar to make room for James because I don't think we'll even sell him to begin with.

iseah100 likes this

I'm not really comparing either players, just anyone saying that Neymar has been a better performer than Robben and James is obviously just being biased.

For what it's worth, as I said in the same post, I still think Neymar has been one of the better performers in the competition but basically saying he's been the best player at the WC is delusional.

this is all relative. To me the best performer has been Lionel Messi because of how poor Argentina has been, and how decisive Messi has been for them.

This goes back to Maradona vs Pele, and how we Brazilians always value the goal scorer vs the playmaker; it has worked quite well for us, but it is certainly debatable. Maradona was a genius, but as a Brazilian, Messi is not that far esp considering how often he scores.

this is all relative. To me the best performer has been Lionel Messi because of how poor Argentina has been, and how decisive Messi has been for them.

This goes back to Maradona vs Pele, and how we Brazilians always value the goal scorer vs the playmaker; it has worked quite well for us, but it is certainly debatable. Maradona was a genius, but as a Brazilian, Messi is not that far esp considering how often he scores.

In that case, Hazard is the 2nd best player. He's decided to games with key assists.

Neymar has all the freedom possible.. It is Oscar that doesn't have the freedom/

iseah100 likes this