test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

MrExcalibur100

James Rodríguez

Started by MrExcalibur100,

1,471 posts in this topic

I've been a huge admirer of this kid. A bit underrated because he plays in Monaco. Has been the best player in the WC alongside Robben. He will be one of the top 10 players in the world.

He really is an excellent footballer. What's his best position?

Monaco would probably demand £70m for him I'd imagine. What a talent just wasted in that league.

If we are selling Oscar, James would be the best replacement we could make.

Naaa already got Fab for that, Vidal would be better

I like what he does as an attacking mid, but does he fit at Chelsea? I don't think so unless Oscar is sold away.

He really is an excellent footballer. What's his best position?

Monaco would probably demand £70m for him I'd imagine. What a talent just wasted in that league.

He says his best position is as a 10.

As for price, I imagine he will stay there till his contract runs till it's final year and leaves at a fairly cheap price. He will just be entering his prime around 25.

The Skipper likes this

If we are selling Oscar, James would be the best replacement we could make.

Yep, he is easily more technically gifted than Oscar, and dare I say it, more talented. He is also built more robustly than Oscar.

I thought he played on RW?

He is not above Oscar in the middle but he is way better than Willian on the right.

Hazard - Oscar - Rodriguez would be :yay:

I thought he played on RW?

He is not above Oscar in the middle but he is way better than Willian on the right.

Players like him play all attacking mid roles. LW, RW and AM (number 10)

Naaa already got Fab for that, Vidal would be better

Well, I firmly believe Cesc was bought for the deeper positions so I don't think about it in that way, and unless we're moving to a 4-3-3, if we required another CAM James would be a brilliant buy.

James Rodriguez is going to be wanted by many teams I can imagine. Been one of the starts of the tournament, if not the star of the tournament. Comes on second half and scores one and assists 2. Only 22 as well icon14.gif

DJames likes this

I knew this kid would light up the world cup. He's great. I've liked him for a while, so glad everyone is recognizing his skill. He's better than Gotze and Oscar IMO.

Finally started adding a final ball and goals to his game the last 2 or 3 seasons, great to see as he has all the talent in the world when he was 18 or 19 but his final product was inconsistent. Not surprised at all at how well he has done for Columbia and the fact he has has either scored or been directly involved in nearly all their goals just shows how he is probably the most important player to Columbia and not Falcao.

kellzfresh and iseah100 like this

I think he has more vision than any under-23 player right now. He sees a pass easily and has the technique to deliver it on a platter.

I always thought he had the potential to be something special, but Monaco when all out. No doubt we will be on the move soon enough!

iseah100 likes this

Sell Mikel, Willian, Oscar and maybe one younger player, buy James. Time for Football Manager.

There's another fellow in Marseille who might one day fit the same profile depending on his persistence and temperament.

Dion likes this

He mainly plays out wide, mostly on the LW I believe and only recently that he's playing in the AM role for Colombia (though not 100% certain whether Ranieri has used him at AM at Monaco).

Edited by Jason

He mainly plays out wide, mostly on the LW I believe and only recently that he's playing in the AM role for Colombia (though not 100% certain where Ranieri used him at AM at Monaco).

He normally plays as a AM for Monaco, but really has a free role.
Jason likes this

He mainly plays out wide, mostly on the LW I believe and only recently that he's playing in the AM role for Colombia (though not 100% certain whether Ranieri has used him at AM at Monaco).

He started out on the LW for Porto then moved to the right after Hulk was sold but hes been used more centrally for Colombia and Monaco.

Jason likes this