test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Matthieu CSF'2006

Fernando Torres

Started by Matthieu CSF'2006,

2,020 posts in this topic

That's an absolute impossibility. Must admit tho, these spanish players dont seem to have loyalties. Loads leave for rival teams.

Why would they? He and Gerrard are the only thing they have, not to mention the scousers would riot if the club sent him to Chelsea.

Would be interesting to know if we actually did make a cheeky offer for him! There is no way he would come though!!

Wouldnt want him tbh. Fine free scoring talent against Fulham, Wigan, Derby etc, but fairly impotent against proper opposition, and its silly money, and hes a girl

. Drogba must be worth £100 million then. Just Scouse propaganda...

Wouldnt want him tbh. Fine free scoring talent against Fulham, Wigan, Derby etc, but fairly impotent against proper opposition, and its silly money, and hes a girl

. Drogba must be worth £100 million then. Just Scouse propaganda...

I think if we did make an offer it would have been a case of us looking at the top performing strikers in the world and seeing who we can sign.....

I think if we did make an offer it would have been a case of us looking at the top performing strikers in the world and seeing who we can sign.....

Very dubious. The report is in a Spanish paper which 'bigs up' Spanish players like theres no tomorrow.....nothing wrong with that, but its probably Liverspanish bollocks.

Very dubious. The report is in a Spanish paper which 'bigs up' Spanish players like theres no tomorrow.....nothing wrong with that, but its probably Liverspanish bollocks.

More than likely. Although there does seem to be (at the moment) a fantasy element to the transfer roumers with us at the moment. A sort of who do we want? OK lets just make a bid and see what happens! Kaka, Messi, Ribery ect... we are talking big names. Would not suprise me if we did make a bid to see what would happen...

More than likely. Although there does seem to be (at the moment) a fantasy element to the transfer roumers with us at the moment. A sort of who do we want? OK lets just make a bid and see what happens! Kaka, Messi, Ribery ect... we are talking big names. Would not suprise me if we did make a bid to see what would happen...

It's mainly journalists earning their commission. Remember the last two season holiday periods ? Transfer rumours go into meltdown with reporters licking their lips at the prospect of Romans fortune being spent. Mostly worth ignoring until it's official.

It's mainly journalists earning their commission. Remember the last two season holiday periods ? Transfer rumours go into meltdown with reporters licking their lips at the prospect of Romans fortune being spent. Mostly worth ignoring until it's official.

Indeed the roumers do go into meltdown this time of year and this summer will be no exception thats for sure. But also true is the fact that we are more than likely looking to sign a World Class striker...

Who knows if it is true, we will probably never know. Liverpool would never sell unless they were forced to anyway.

Indeed the roumers do go into meltdown this time of year and this summer will be no exception thats for sure. But also true is the fact that we are more than likely looking to sign a World Class striker...

Who knows if it is true, we will probably never know. Liverpool would never sell unless they were forced to anyway.

Definitely SpanierdPool propaganda in my book, and hes a tart anyway.Theres certainly an abundance of rumours. ManUtd have a seemingly surplus of strikers yet are rumoured to be in the hunt for TWO !

Definitely SpanierdPool propaganda in my book, and hes a tart anyway.Theres certainly an abundance of rumours. ManUtd have a seemingly surplus of strikers yet are rumoured to be in the hunt for TWO !

Wouldn't suprise me at all if United went in for 2! Saha is too injury prone and could likely move on in the summer, which leaves them with Rooney and Tevez..... we on the other hand have doubts over all our strikers. Drogba may want to leave, Sheva will probably be moved on, Pizarro is never going to have any impact - Anelka is still open for debate. Which leaves us with a young player left in Di Santo :)

Wouldn't suprise me at all if United went in for 2! Saha is too injury prone and could likely move on in the summer, which leaves them with Rooney and Tevez..... we on the other hand have doubts over all our strikers. Drogba may want to leave, Sheva will probably be moved on, Pizarro is never going to have any impact - Anelka is still open for debate. Which leaves us with a young player left in Di Santo :)

..and hes off if one rumour is to be believed :) . We definitely need strengthening in that dept, and the result next Tuesday will have probably have some bearing on who stays

..and hes off if one rumour is to be believed :) . We definitely need strengthening in that dept, and the result next Tuesday will have probably have some bearing on who stays

I do think Drogba will end up staying, i think Sheva and Pizarro will go so we will have Drogba, Anelka and Di Santo which leaves us open to sign a world class striker, especially if we are to play 4-4-2 next season as we are led to believe.

I do think Drogba will end up staying, i think Sheva and Pizarro will go so we will have Drogba, Anelka and Di Santo which leaves us open to sign a world class striker, especially if we are to play 4-4-2 next season as we are led to believe.

I can see Drogba being sweet talked into staying. One of the Guardian rumours atm is that we're trying to swap Anelka+SWP for Berbatov

I can see Drogba being sweet talked into staying. One of the Guardian rumours atm is that we're trying to swap Anelka+SWP for Berbatov

Not a fan of Berbatovs myself, i could think of several strikers i would rather we signed before him!!! And i would also be suprised if we actualyl DID let go of Anelka! For me next season it will be Drogba, Anelka, Di Santo + 1 Which providing we get the right quality would be perfect.

NOTW..... :rolleyes:

Carlo Ancelotti ready to launch audacious bid

Chelsea are ready to test Liverpool's resolve with a £50million bid for Fernando Torres.

Carlo Ancelotti has already targeted Torres' Spain strike partner David Villa, offering Valencia £35m. Now the Blues boss is ready to make an audacious attempt to unite Villa and Torres at club level.

Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez will do all he can to block the move. But he is worried the huge sum offered by Chelsea could tempt American owners George Gillett and Tom Hicks.

Liverpool's true financial state will be revealed over the coming weeks and Benitez is beginning to fear the worst.

At the end of the season Benitez was hopeful of landing 27-year-old Villa. Now he not only has to face up to Chelsea signing Villa but also targeting Torres.

Villa's proposed move to Real Madrid has not gone through because Chelsea's bid is £4m higher and is preferred by debt- ridden Valencia.

Now Blues owner Roman Abramovich is prepared to take advantage of Liverpool's own money worries by making the sort of offer he hopes Gillett and Hicks will not be able to refuse.

It is understood a tentative inquiry was made by a third party in April about how much it would cost to prise Torres away from Anfield.

The message from Liverpool at the time was that there was no chance of Torres being sold. Then in May the 25-year-old striker signed an improved deal to 2013.

If necessary, Ancelotti and Abramovich will settle for just landing Villa. But if there is even an outside chance of snatching Torres away from Anfield, they will take it.