test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Special Juan

Cesc Fàbregas

Started by Special Juan,

5,905 posts in this topic

Although he was poor, it says a lot about our system when he can play consecutive poor games for us but have 1 game for Spain and put on a masterclass. Our system is really messed up and no one quite has a clue on what they are doing or how to play.

Fabregas has played well over the last two games before today so it's really not that consecutive.

Yeah but who did we play in the last 2 games and who did we play today? Fabregas becomes an average player whenever we play one of the top sides and when you look at his overall peformances since he joined us, it hasn't been good enough. Wenger's decision not to sign him last year seems like a wise one.

didierforever likes this

Fabregas has played well over the last two games before today so it's really not that consecutive.

like i said before. his "form" would be decided by how he performs against spurs.

not a non-existent midfield of norwich and aviv.

its actually pretty simple, if a team presses cesc, he is a sitting duck.

like i said before. his "form" would be decided by how he performs against spurs.

not a non-existent midfield of norwich and aviv.

its actually pretty simple, if a team presses cesc, he is a sitting duck.

Yeah but who did we play in the last 2 games and who did we play today? Fabregas becomes an average player whenever we play one of the top sides and when you look at his overall peformances since he joined us, it hasn't been good enough. Wenger's decision not to sign him last year seems like a wise one.

We have known he's a flat track bully for a long time now, and we know he doesn't work in the pivot in big games. I've accepted it for what it is, because our manager doesn't seem to have a work around for it.
The Chels likes this

We have known he's a flat track bully for a long time now, and we know he doesn't work in the pivot in big games. I've accepted it for what it is, because our manager doesn't seem to have a work around for it.

I agree but blaming the formation is only valid till a certain point. Putting him in the pivot doesn't excuse his tendency to give the ball away, just jog around when the opposition have the ball, not put in the challenges etc. Those are practically basic things you would expect any player to do well regardless of the position they play in (except GK of course).

kmk108 likes this

hahahhaha.. it was actually worse that i initially first thought.

i mean 50% of the time when he had the ball in the spurs half, he would have lost the ball.

hopeless.

Jason, on 29 Nov 2015 - 12:01 PM, said:

I agree but blaming the formation is only valid till a certain point. Putting him in the pivot doesn't excuse his tendency to give the ball away, just jog around when the opposition have the ball, not put in the challenges etc. Those are practically basic things you would expect any player to do well regardless of the position they play in (except GK of course).

Exactly. If he's playing like this as a pivot and as an attacking midfielder, would I be crazy to think he'd also play like this in a traditional CM role?

He's got the talent to have good games every now and again, but he just seems like he's completely lost what he had even last season. Look at the play where he stands over the ball for a few seconds, dancing around it. There were 4 options for him to play a safe ground pass, but he decides to lob it up halfway across the pitch. Add that it was a poor cross as well.

The sooner RLC starts the better. Cesc has become the biggest fraud since Torres. Cant believe people still think the problem is in team and not Cesc.

What he did today was a joke and not even a funny one. Should be the first one to get benched and replaced eventualy replaced with someone who actualy has the balls and ability to be midfield leader and playmaker.

didierforever likes this

there was one pass where he played to hazard ..during which rose got yellow card..He played bad in this match..but not sure if that is the entire highlights video

If Ramires was available and started instead of Fabregas we would have most likely won the match. It really was often worse than playing with 10 men yesterday. Did little defensively and only broke up our attacks offensively. Sigh...

Fulham Broadway likes this

is he even a flat track bully now-a-days?

a flat track bully can atleast play well against the bottom half and middle table teams. cesc cant. i mean all you need to do is have a half-decent good pressing mid and he is DEAD.

he had some bad moments in the match yesterday but also had some very good ones and worked very hard ....seemed to cover a lot of ground.

Wish he could be more consistant with the better moments

is he even a flat track bully now-a-days?

a flat track bully can atleast play well against the bottom half and middle table teams. cesc cant. i mean all you need to do is have a half-decent good pressing mid and he is DEAD.

His performance against Norwich just two games ago? Or how he dominated the league in the first half of last season. He definitely has it in him, whether he's in a bad moment or not you can't deny him that.

Beepu, Muzchap, stroey and 1 other like this