test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Special Juan

Cesc Fàbregas

Started by Special Juan,

5,897 posts in this topic

EDIT: I had to check. Wiki is admittedly a weak source but still. According to them, he's played 514 games at club level and 139 games for Spain at senior and youth level. I have to say, that's a lot.

that's a lot of football for a 28 year old
DYC. likes this

so now he is burned out too?

i thought that was reserved for oscar only.

is hazard burned out too?

oh just sell the fucking lot and buy/play people who actually give a fuck about the club.

Maybe I'll get burned for this but again, Cesc wasn't bad imo. In fact, he was even better. The best attacking player in possession in the first half. Willian really came alive in the second half. He moved into good positions and most of what he did was positive and came off. Maybe I need a tinfoil hat.

But I understood the sub. He lacks speed and mobility and that was needed after trailing and playing with 10 men.

Myself, The Skipper and Barbara like this

Maybe I'll get burned for this but again, Cesc wasn't bad imo. In fact, he was even better. The best attacking player in possession in the first half. Willian really came alive in the second half. He moved into good positions and most of what he did was positive and came off. Maybe I need a tinfoil hat.

But I understood the sub. He lacks speed and mobility and that was needed after trailing and playing with 10 men.

Think the fact that he got a yellow card before HT may have something to do with that. Last thing we needed was going down to 9 men (not that it mattered anyway in the end).

Pacquiao likes this

No, I thought he was good too - but obviously taken off to shore up the midfield.

he was very good yesterday, made tackles and interceptions, and was very good going forward, his goal should have counted also as he wasnt offside, he had to go off at HT though as he was on a yellow card.

Think the fact that he got a yellow card before HT may have something to do with that. Last thing we needed was going down to 9 men (not that it mattered anyway in the end).

yes i agree, if Ramires was on a yellow and Cesc wasnt then no doubt Ramires would have come off for Mikel

If he actualy gave a fuck, that would be nice.

IMO he is the perfect description of plastic player, and I dont want that in our team. Right now Hazard, Matic and bunch of others dont give shit either, but Cesc oozes the class of player who is here for trophies and wont push his body to save the club. Fuck that.

We had players who actualy gave fuck like Lamps, Drogba, Essien, Ballack, fighting for the team. Team we have right now, is disgrace. Sadly but it. From defense to attack, to management, maybe 10% cares.

Azul and didierforever like this

Not that we were setting the world alight, but I felt we lost the game when he came on.

To be brutally honest, I can't see what sort of system here he can be a part of going forward. I've been trying not say this as not to sound too harsh on him, but in my opinion he needs to go in the next few windows.

We would have to sign the right players and play possession football to really get the best out of him, signing the likes of Javi Martinez, Gundogan and Isco would transform Cesc back into a top class player imo.

J.Martinez - Gundogan

Isco - Fabregas - Hazard

Costa

We would have to sign the right players and play possession football to really get the best out of him, signing the likes of Javi Martinez, Gundogan and Isco would transform Cesc back into a top class player imo.

J.Martinez - Gundogan

Isco - Fabregas - Hazard

Costa

or we can kick him out and buy a player who can play football on his own instead of needing bodyguards all around himself.

MrBlueGuy likes this

Sell him to PSG or something for like 25m and sign Isco for the same amount or even 40m will still be an upgrade on this guy. At Arsenal he used to make runs and score long range goals as well, now while his passing level is probably top 5 in the world, maybe even the best in long pass catalogue even but his overall is severly limited to the point that to get the best out of him you basically needs to sacrifice a whole other position for it(Matic did it well for most of last season but he cannot carry on forever and it is showing now), the same reason why Barca sold him because their team is too good to canter to one player that is not Messi.

He will go down in history as one of the great Spanish football player purely because of the amount of games he has played from an young age up to now for top clubs and country, but he will NEVER EVER EVER REACH Iniesta/Xavi level which so many expected him to after 2010. He is now nothing more than a luxury player if I am honest.

Cesc must be given a Pirlo role or he must be sold.

l think only if we had Matic and David Luiz sitting in front of him he can go on here. Otherwise he is more trouble than he's worth.

Not that we were setting the world alight, but I felt we lost the game when he came on.

To be brutally honest, I can't see what sort of system here he can be a part of going forward. I've been trying not say this as not to sound too harsh on him, but in my opinion he needs to go in the next few windows.

He already moves like a 35 year old. The next few years are going to be painful.

couris and didierforever like this

He already moves like a 35 year old. The next few years are going to be painful.

time for another over-haul.

cesc, oscar, mikel, ramires, JT, iva.