test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

Premier League thread

Started by Jason,

891 posts in this topic

BuN2_peCYAAY59G.jpg

City still have the strongest squad, by far...

Exactly...

Because we bought costa, pple forgot that it was only because Aguero was injured a lot that he didn't challenge Suarez. Pple forget that they have jovetic, negredo on the bench, while we have torres and Drogba.

Because we bought fabregas, people forgot the best CM in Europe last season still plays for mancity (toure)

Our defense is better, but that's it. Infact our defense will get caught out on the counter if we let our fullbacks attack as much as mancity does. That's why Mourinho is keeping the two keepers because they are playing a more important role than they got before so we can afford an injury to one.

We improved but they are still stronger.

The Skipper, zolayes and Viper22 like this

BuN2_peCYAAY59G.jpg

Their depth in the fullback and striker area, in particular, is ridiculously good. Pretty much all those players are in their prime as well whilst we have a lot of important players who haven't hit theirs yet like Hazard, Costa, Oscar and Courtois. It'll be an amazing feat if we manage to beat that squad to the league.

zolayes likes this

BuN2_peCYAAY59G.jpg

Of course they do. All we did in the last 3 transfer windows was shipping out quality squad players (luiz, cole, lamps, lukaku, kdb, mata etc) and replacing them by probable first team players (luis, fabregas, costa, matic) resulting in players of lesser quality than of those we sold heading to the bench. Does not really make our squad much stronger, only our first team will improve. In the process we nedlessly reduced our squad size. When we get an injury crisis and the African players leave for the ACN, our chances of winning the league will not be greater than last season. Especially when once again we don't put any trust in our youth players to boost the numbers and help out once in a while.

zolayes likes this

BuN2_peCYAAY59G.jpg

Defense is still their achilles heel, remains to be seen how Mangala adapts, but still..

Out of that backline 'including keepers', only Kompany would break into our side.

11Drogba likes this

how many HG are there in their team anyway? English I spot Hart, Milner and Lamps, but any of those foreigners are HG?

Defensive is still their achilles heel, remains to be seen how Mangala adapts, but still..

Out of that backline 'including keepers', only Kompany would break into our side.

Agreed, but I was hinting more at their squad depth tbh. They have more than decent players in almost every position.

how many HG are there in their team anyway? English I spot Hart, Milner and Lamps, but any of those foreigners are HG?

They have Hart, Milner, Clichy, Sinclair and Lampard. 5 HG players. More than us which is quite funny.

They have Hart, Milner, Clichy, Sinclair and Lampard. 5 HG players. More than us which is quite funny.

They also have Micah Richards and Boyata (belgian CB) as homegrown players..

Thats 7 HG players

The Skipper likes this

They also have Micah Richards and Boyata (belgian CB) as homegrown players..

Thats 7 HG players

Forgot about Richards. Boyata I can see going though tbh, but yeah that's at least 6 HG players (Richards is club trained too). They're a lot better off than we are.

I didn't mean it like that... I meant from those 22. They need to have five in those 22, they have only four

Their 'advantage' is having an English GK. I put it between quotes because Hart can be unpredictable for streaks. He isn't a top GL imo, there are tons better than him. Then they have a few English players in the bench and young prospects.

We have two English players starting for us as well as a homegrown, I wouldn't say they're better than us per say. If you count Victor Moses in the squad we'd have more than them, as Aké and Christensen have been promoted and Zouma - staying with us, will spend three years until he's 21 and therefore will count as HG in the future too.

We have:

----------Courtois----------

Azpi--JT-----Cahill--Luis

----------Matic----------

----Fab------Oscar-----

Willian--Costa-Hazard

---------Cech-------------

Iva--Zouma---Christensen-Ake (lets pray we will never have to play dat defense, maybe better buy another defender...)

----------MIkel-------------- (ugh)

----Rami----Van Ginkel

Schürrli--Drogba--Torres/Salah

imo in midfield and defense we are on par - maybe no in depth but surely in quality- with City. The problem and that is scaring me the most is that we have Costa as a striker but no one else with real quality. OK, drogba and Schürrle could help out but City won the league playing two strikers against the small teams, which IMO is the way to go against sides who can give you a hard day when having 11 men behind the ball. We don't really have the players or the variability to play a fluent 442.

Blue-in-me-Veins likes this

I didn't mean it like that... I meant from those 22. They need to have five in those 22, they have only four

Actually, a team has to register 8 HG players in a squad of 25, hence why a team can only register 17 non-HG players. City have at least 6 if you include players that are not in either XI like Scott Sinclair or Micah Richards (7 if they want to include Boyata), so they're much better off than us. They can nearly fulfil the whole quota and have a near full squad of 25 (excluding u21 who don't have to be registered) whilst we only have a squad of 20 with 3 HG players in JT, Terry and Fabregas (4 if you include Moses who is very likely to be off anyway). Of course it doesn't really matter because Jose likes his squad to be a small number of around 20, and we can (for now) fill up the rest of the extra squad spaces with u21s who don't need to be registered, i.e. Zouma or Ake.

We have:

----------Courtois----------

Azpi--JT-----Cahill--Luis

----------Matic----------

----Fab------Oscar-----

Willian--Costa-Hazard

---------Cech-------------

Iva--Zouma---Christensen-Ake (lets pray we will never have to play dat defense, maybe better buy another defender...)

----------MIkel-------------- (ugh)

----Rami----Van Ginkel

Schürrli--Drogba--Torres/Salah

imo in midfield and defense we are on par - maybe no in depth but surely in quality- with City. The problem and that is scaring me the most is that we have Costa as a striker but no one else with real quality. OK, drogba and Schürrle could help out but City won the league playing two strikers against the small teams, which IMO is the way to go against sides who can give you a hard day when having 11 men behind the ball. We don't really have the players or the variability to play a fluent 442.

We shouldn't need to play 4-4-2 to beat smaller sides. We need to work well in the attack. With the quality of our AMs and Costa, we should win without much trouble against the bottom half of the table. You don't need two strikers for that, you need to be clinical and dangerous, many teams manage to be that without two strikers.

But I, of course, agree we're very poor with our available backups for the striker position. It could be our Achilles heel, and could here is just me being nice, it probably will. I still can't believe this shit.

Actually, a team has to register 8 HG players in a squad of 25, hence why a team can only register 17 non-HG players. City have at least 6 if you include players that are not in either XI like Scott Sinclair or Micah Richards (7 if they want to include Boyata), so they're much better off than us. They can nearly fulfil the whole quota and have a near full squad of 25 (excluding u21 who don't have to be registered) whilst we only have a squad of 20 with 3 HG players in JT, Terry and Fabregas (4 if you include Moses who is very likely to be off anyway). Of course it doesn't really matter because Jose likes his squad to be a small number of around 20, and we can (for now) fill up the rest of the extra squad spaces with u21s who don't need to be registered, i.e. Zouma or Ake.

my point remains the same. That picture has 22 players, at most 17 can be non-HG and as you guys counted only four it means one of them has to be off.

Also their HG players aren't that great, so instead of strengthening their team with HG players (like we did with Fabregas for example, already having two first team players), they're just filling their quota to complete 25 - which we're also doing, but I believe our HG core to be stronger than theirs, which means we can have even stronger non=HG. We have three first team players, while they have barely two (as I said I don't consider Hart that great and Clichy ma not even start for them). so in order for them to accommodate those players you're mentioning and that aren't even in those 22 pics, they'll have to let go of at least one of those non-HG players. Also if Lamps leaves in January, they'll have to let go of another or bring a HG replacement for Lamps, because I don't believe it's possible to continue to have him counting as HG after the winter window when he's going to be gone

We shouldn't need to play 4-4-2 to beat smaller sides. We need to work well in the attack. With the quality of our AMs and Costa, we should win without much trouble against the bottom half of the table. You don't need two strikers for that, you need to be clinical and dangerous, many teams manage to be that without two strikers.

But I, of course, agree we're very poor with our available backups for the striker position. It could be our Achilles heel, and could here is just me being nice, it probably will. I still can't believe this shit.

IMO every team needs a plan B. And playing two strikers is defo a viable plan b against stubborn and pressing sides.Skipping the midfield battle and playing some old school power football will not only help us against the bottom half but also against aspirants like swansea, southampton or everton. Anyway we would all feel more comfortable with at least another quality striker.

Viper22 likes this