Premier League thread

Jase

8 hours ago, KevinAshburner said:

Hi Kezza  [ @Kezza ] this is the only place and rights holder to legally view The Premier League for 2016/2017.

Sky TV NZ / SkySportsNZ - BeIN Sports NZ Channel launches on Tuesday 9 August 2016 and costs $11.96 NZD per month.

read more at links below

(links) - https://www.sky.co.nz/beinsports + https://www.sky.co.nz/-/bein-sports

Yeah cheers mate. Heard about that.

Not paying a single cent to fuckin sky. Will just stream or watch replays online 

5 hours ago, Kezza said:

Yeah cheers mate. Heard about that.

Not paying a single cent to fuckin sky. Will just stream or watch replays online 

You could go straight to Bein. They're offering beinsportsconnect, a similar service to Premier League Pass. 

It's not up at the moment but Bein said it will be up, you won't need to subsribe with sky to get it, but it won't be available before the first round of EPL.

Rumours has it that it will be $18/month, much better than subscribing to sky. Though it probably works best if you have good connection at home.

1 hour ago, Beepu said:

You could go straight to Bein. They're offering beinsportsconnect, a similar service to Premier League Pass. 

It's not up at the moment but Bein said it will be up, you won't need to subsribe with sky to get it, but it won't be available before the first round of EPL.

Rumours has it that it will be $18/month, much better than subscribing to sky. Though it probably works best if you have good connection at home.

http://getbein.beinsports.com/nz/subscribe/

This it?

Looks pretty good, also better than PLP as its also got UCL and cheaper it seems (PLP was about $199 for the season IIRC). Might get that when it arrives.

28 minutes ago, Kezza said:

http://getbein.beinsports.com/nz/subscribe/

This it?

Looks pretty good, also better than PLP as its also got UCL and cheaper it seems (PLP was about $199 for the season IIRC). Might get that when it arrives.

Yup, that's it. Some games will have a delayed broadcast but those are mostly the smaller teams. I have never used PLP before so I am not sure how reliable streaming services like these are. I just got a new wireless provider so hopefully it streams smoothly. And not sure how good the HD is compared to normal TV. But definitely better than Sky. EPL + CL is all I need.

11 minutes ago, Beepu said:

Yup, that's it. Some games will have a delayed broadcast but those are mostly the smaller teams. I have never used PLP before so I am not sure how reliable streaming services like these are. I just got a new wireless provider so hopefully it streams smoothly. And not sure how good the HD is compared to normal TV. But definitely better than Sky. EPL + CL is all I need.

PLP was really good!! quality was on par with TV. I guess the quality will be determined by your internet.

I'm getting too old/lazy to stay up to the early hours to watch the games, so hopefully they have the option of on demand games that i can watch the next day like PLP had

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/08/2016 at 3:10 PM, Beepu said:

Live on Sky now..just gotta wait to see how online is and what they offer

2 minutes ago, Kezza said:

Live on Sky now..just gotta wait to see how online is and what they offer

I have sky for another few months from the Euros so I will subsrcibe until I can cancel sky and get bein connect (if it's good) At the moment it's just older games and season reviews, etc. Won't be charged until the actual opening day though.

Only 2 hd channels out of 5 at an extra $10 as well :( Not sure if it's worth it. The picture quality is pretty average but 2 channels for $10 is lame.

• 3 weeks later...

The media are kissing our arses after our Burnley match. We don't want that. Everyone had written us off. I was enjoying flying under the radar and letting the Manchester clubs hog the spotlight with their 200m pound windows.

I think the team is showing a bit of confidence back after a poor season and I think Conte is bring some of that back. We need to just play our game and take it game by game and if everyone plays their part I think we could have a good season. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Why Premier Clubs try to make more and more money each year with Tv rights, sponsor rights etc etc?

I understand that with that they make their clubs more balanced and offer them money for things like stadiums etc. And even then, many clubs have gone down after big cash income. Aston Villa or Fulham for example. So the money is certainly not making clubs more stable or at least their people dont know how to run them properly.

Same when comes to buying players, nothing has changed. If pl club revenue is 100m, european club will demand 20m for the player, if pl club revenue is 200m, europeans will demand 40m and so on. It all results in paying big money for average players. 

Instead of throwing more and more money at clubs each year, england should show english clubs how to spend that money and how to run youth teams...

PL is becoming bigger circus every year, traditional clubs like West ham who produced some quality english players are now buying players because its easier. Tottenham are today perhaps only bigger club in england who works on english players and I have respect for that, despite I dislike spuds alot. Sad for english football.

Just stumbled across the league table....despite all that has been talked about regarding a crisis and sacking Conte and all that, we're just 3 points off the top of the table!

I get we haven't had the toughest starting fixtures, but points are counted exactly the same against any opposition. For me, win against united next week and it's fantastic start to the campaign.