test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

The only place to be

The Board

Started by The only place to be,

1,634 posts in this topic
On 7/16/2019 at 7:36 PM, Mana said:

You say that, but they were in the EL final against us and only finished one point behind us. So they are just narrowly behind us in terms of quality.

Their squad is horrible but Emery is a adaptive manager which is very good if you don't have a very good squad. I bet if belerrin did not have that nasty injury they probably will finish above us in epl. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎19‎-‎07‎-‎2019 at 8:48 AM, communicate said:

Their squad is horrible but Emery is a adaptive manager which is very good if you don't have a very good squad. I bet if belerrin did not have that nasty injury they probably will finish above us in epl. 

Plus dont forget how our tactics made us very easy to play against 90% of the time, or rather very easy to walk through our heart. With better tactics we would still finish above them, Bellerin or not.....on top of that we have no striker to call upon, they had/have 2 good ones.

Vesper likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Atomiswave said:

Plus dont forget how our tactics made us very easy to play against 90% of the time, or rather very easy to walk through our heart. With better tactics we would still finish above them, Bellerin or not.....on top of that we have no striker to call upon, they had/have 2 good ones.

maybe 3 if Eddie Nketiah keeps scoring like he has been so far:(

Atomiswave likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Statement of the Board of Directors of Chelsea FC plc on Publication of the Reviews of Non-Recent Child Sexual and Racial Abuse at Chelsea Football Club

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2019/08/06/chelsea-statement?cardIndex=0-0

Tuesday 6 August

The Board of Directors of Chelsea FC plc is today publishing the completed external reviews of non-recent child sexual and racial abuse at the Club. The Board wishes to thank all the survivors and witnesses who came forward to assist the reviews and the Club apologises unreservedly for the terrible past experiences of some of our former players.

Review of Non-Recent Child Sexual Abuse

Following the disclosures of non-recent child sexual abuse perpetrated at the Club in the 1970s, we set out our intention to do the right thing - to fully support those affected and carry out an exhaustive investigation into what occurred to ensure that abhorrent abuse like this can never happen again. Two-and-a-half years on, the external review team, led by Charles Geekie QC, a barrister specialising in child protection, has conducted more than a hundred witness interviews and reviewed thousands of pages of evidence.

Although the Club today is a very different place from the Club then, with new ownership, operational structures and safeguarding procedures in place, we will not shy away from responsibility for what happened in the past. The intention of the review was to shine a bright light in the dark corners of the Club’s history so that we can learn lessons to help protect the players of the future. We also have no desire to hide any non-recent abuse we uncover. Therefore, today, we are publishing the completed review in full.

Charles Geekie QC’s review included a specific examination of the allegations of child sexual abuse by Eddie Heath, who was employed by the Club in the 1970s and died in the early 1980s. It is evident from the review that Heath was a dangerous and prolific child abuser. His conduct was beyond reprehensible.

The report details how abuse was able to occur unchallenged, and the life-changing impact it had on those affected.

The review team was also tasked with investigating the way we handled a civil claim for compensation made in 2014. This case was managed by specialist external lawyers on both sides and concluded with a settlement agreement which included a confidentiality clause. This matter was the subject of a board statement in December 2016. In his report, Charles Geekie QC concludes that, whilst the settlement agreement should not have included a confidentiality clause, it was included due to the lack of relevant specific advice being given to the Club and not to silence the claimant.

Charles Geekie QC’s review has found that the nature of the relationship between a coach or scout and player carries with it power that is capable of being abused – and this risk remains as relevant to the game today as it was historically. With that in mind, regular updates have been provided to The FA’s Sheldon Review, so that the lessons we have learned can be shared across football.

We must continue to challenge ourselves to do better as a club and as a sport. This is an issue that has affected all of football. Police data indicated that by March 2018, 340 clubs had already been impacted, 300 alleged perpetrators identified and over 2,800 referrals and reports received. Tragically the number of victims stood at almost 850.

While we implement the recommendations of the report, it is important that we also look to the future and ensure that abuse like this never happens again anywhere in football.

Survivors of child sexual abuse are also able to claim compensation by writing to the Club. Claims for compensation are being assessed and managed by the Club’s insurer and the Club will support survivors through the process.

Review of non-recent racial abuse

 

snip

more at the link

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Jason said:

Net Spend FC.

Hazard - 90m

Aina - 9m

Jay da silva - 2m

Angban - 5.4m (6m euros)

Kalas - 8m

Redan - 2.5m

Palmer - 3.5m

Luiz - 8m

Total = 128.4m (Give or take)

 

Incredible work by the board. Credit where its due.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope big Pete spends the whole season in conversation with frank to identify targets and then with the board in getting things in motion. Next year is euros right? Get the shopping list sorted early guys. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Jason said:

 

I don't understand this. What happens if the appealed is approve?

Do we get compensated for this summer?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tbf in terms of how incompenent the board are, weve still managed to refresh the squad a wee bit. Cahill, Luiz, Higuain all 30 and over, all gone. Hazard 28, unfortunately in his best years but wanted to go. Some duds like Morata and Moses have also gone as well as potentially Drinkwater and Bakayoko if all goes well.

Integrating Tomori, Tammy, Mason, Reece as well as having Pulisic changes it up a bit and gives us a bit of youthfulness in and around the team.

Also, securing Callum, Ruben, Mason, Reece all on new deals by the end of this month would be good for us too. 

When we can spend again though recruitment needs to be a lot better.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Tbf in terms of how incompenent the board are, weve still managed to refresh the squad a wee bit. Cahill, Luiz, Higuain all 30 and over, all gone. Hazard 28, unfortunately in his best years but wanted to go. Some duds like Morata and Moses have also gone as well as potentially Drinkwater and Bakayoko if all goes well.

Integrating Tomori, Tammy, Mason, Reece as well as having Pulisic changes it up a bit and gives us a bit of youthfulness in and around the team.

Also, securing Callum, Ruben, Mason, Reece all on new deals by the end of this month would be good for us too. 

When we can spend again though recruitment needs to be a lot better.

 

Moses is gone? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Moses is gone? 

He's gone on loan.

 

EDIT: Nevermind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Fernando said:

I don't understand this. What happens if the appealed is approve?

Do we get compensated for this summer?

The summer transfer window is gone, there's no compensation whatsoever. That's half of the ban served. If the appeal is successful, we can buy again in January. If not, then next summer. 

Fernando likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/08/2019 at 11:49 PM, Jason said:

The summer transfer window is gone, there's no compensation whatsoever. That's half of the ban served. If the appeal is successful, we can buy again in January. If not, then next summer. 

I think he means if we get found completely not guilty.

Fernando likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I think he means if we get found completely not guilty.

Yes because we would have lost a window and that's opportunity down the drain. 

That would be very interesting to see what happens if found not guilty. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.