test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

The only place to be

The Board

Started by The only place to be,

1,522 posts in this topic

UTD ARSENAL CHELSEA.......our stock has fallen so much. Kroenke eating it all up in Arsenal, leaves nothing to but players. Udt is business model but they still splash cash but on fucked up players. Chelsea has Marina dictating everything and the sole power for some time now. RA more than happy for her while he is cruising the world in his mega yacht....all the while we do many things the wrong way. We are a shadow of our former self, no one fears us anymore and simply a no name in CL. Marina taking over has been one of the worst shit ever happened to us in RA era.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Atomiswave said:

UTD ARSENAL CHELSEA.......our stock has fallen so much. Kroenke eating it all up in Arsenal, leaves nothing to but players. Udt is business model but they still splash cash but on fucked up players. Chelsea has Marina dictating everything and the sole power for some time now. RA more than happy for her while he is cruising the world in his mega yacht....all the while we do many things the wrong way. We are a shadow of our former self, no one fears us anymore and simply a no name in CL. Marina taking over has been one of the worst shit ever happened to us in RA era.

If we bring more of the old guard that should help. 
Because remember Juventus was so crap for ages until they restructured board and set up. 

I think with Cech, and if lampard and Maka returns we are going in the right direction. 

Want Ballack in, and also Fabregas some day. That guy is very smart and can do great at Chelsea in some sort of position. 

petre.ispirescu and Atomiswave like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Fernando said:

If we bring more of the old guard that should help. 
Because remember Juventus was so crap for ages until they restructured board and set up. 

I think with Cech, and if lampard and Maka returns we are going in the right direction. 

Want Ballack in, and also Fabregas some day. That guy is very smart and can do great at Chelsea in some sort of position. 

Lets hope so, Ballack too would do us good, another proper Chels. Chels is Fab's Club....that is no dispute imo.....he too would be decent down the line.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

”Peter won’t be sporting or technical director, but he will act as a link and advisor between the board and the first-team coaching and playing staff” (Telegraph)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, zekinjo said:

”Peter won’t be sporting or technical director, but he will act as a link and advisor between the board and the first-team coaching and playing staff” (Telegraph)

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/chelsea-confirm-petr-cech-return-16551898

It is believed Cech will share some of the burden in terms of recruitment and bridging the gap between the board and the manager.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, zekinjo said:

”Peter won’t be sporting or technical director, but he will act as a link and advisor between the board and the first-team coaching and playing staff” (Telegraph)

 

Sounds good enough to me. We were never gonna get rid of Iron Lady entirely so maybe this is the best solution in these circumstances

However, does this mean that the club is still looking to fill that sporting director role with someone else?

Fernando likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Technical and Performance Advisor"...

The focus of the job will be to provide advice on all football and performance matters throughout the club as well as embed and facilitate strong links between our men’s and academy teams, ensuring that the various support departments are working together effectively.

Petr will be based at Cobham and will work closely with Chelsea Director Marina Granovskaia. His role will also align him with the men’s first team coaching and backroom staff, travelling with the team home and away with an emphasis on strategy and performance.

manpe and Bosnian Blue like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a sporting director. So our transfers is still under Marina. Sad.

However welcome back goalkeeping legend!

Atomiswave likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mana said:

Not a sporting director. So our transfers is still under Marina. Sad.

However welcome back goalkeeping legend!

Perhaps but at least having someone with football knowledge in the board might help us make better transfer decisions...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pete Cech signing into the management seems like the second innings of the Roman regime in the true sense. 

We have Lampard possibly coming back, Makalele and Drogba back ... The old gang is coming back (atleast some of them), more importantly these guys were drilled to be winners and they are leaders in their own rights. 

It's interesting time in a challenging environment ... I hope we move in the right direction with the boys.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Jason said:

 

Sounds sensible to me. He needs some time and experience to grow into the role and with that I would expect his level of influence to grow.

It is actually an ideal time to bring him in without the ability to sign players for a season, it allows him to concentrate on other aspects of his job spec. Hopefully this isn't a false dawn but it does seem like the club are looking to put things in place to refresh and reboot the club somewhat and without the need to concentrate on buying players this summer it gives far more time to spend on this restructuring which for the long term could prove just as key as bringing new players in.

It does look from the outside that the club are looking to put more emphasis into the academy and bringing through more of our own and having people like Cech and Makelele coming back to help concentrate on these transitions, with potentially Lamps and Jody within the coaching setup will only help matters. Like anything though it will take some time and patience.

I would also expect Cech to become the public figurehead of the hierarchy. The person that will take interviews, etc. Not only will he be respected for his views as an ex-great player but it will also hopefully calm the hysteria around the club at times when things go a little rocky. It's been a big problem over the past couple of seasons that no one from the board comes out and speaks when sometimes its needed; a lot of the fan frustration can stem from this at times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.