test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

The only place to be

The Board

Started by The only place to be,

946 posts in this topic
15 minutes ago, Leif said:

I wonder if he 'found' Azpilicueta though, because we were going through a shaky period then, so surely he was in charge of transfers. If he chose him, for whatever reason, some credit goes to him.

I think Azpi was an AVB target in January 2012 and we went for him after missing out on Van der Wiel.

And now I'm cringing at the thought of having VDW instead of our current vice-captain!

Yeboii likes this

Another valid reason for wanting him gone, simply, is for a fresh start. Every club needs fresh renewal at times. And I don't understand how it could be argued he's worth keeping for that fresh start - I wouldn't be able to rationalise anybody's worry regarding him leaving; obviously we can only get someone more qualified in. We don't lose quality with this. We don't lose the ability to attract or pay top players, do we? 

We can only upgrade in quality, if his position is given to somebody else. How is that not worth celebrating? We celebrate upgrading players - why not him? Because he's 'nice'? That's called an Arsenal mentality.

Blue-in-me-Veins likes this

Andrea Pirlo confirms his retirement after final New York City game

I wonder if we are putting Pirlo for that role?

Just now, calculatingInfinity said:

One completely unqualified guy for the job, to a even less qualified player for the job. Nah.

Yeah true, we need to get people like what Roma got. 

Just now, calculatingInfinity said:

One completely unqualified guy for the job, to a even less qualified player for the job. Nah.

U don't need to be qualified to do that job you need somebody who can draw talent players in pirlo is great role model and an icon why not giving it to someone like him

Fernando likes this

I think the most accurate post regarding all of this comes from a user on CFCNet.

- Interesting news. Personally, I’m not a critic of Emenalo. Likewise, I find it hard to praise him for what is the easiest job in football. Let’s be honest here, the guy has probably taken a lot of unfair stick, but I would say unjust praise too. With a considerable budget in hand, it’s not difficult to spot talented players who fit the blueprint of what the club are looking for. Anyone who watches football on a regular basis can spot these players when working to a specific club strategy. I could list numerous players I have flagged on here before they broke through, so whilst it’s in interesting in the potential power play in club hierarchy. His achievements both good and bad would be overrated in both aspects. -

Fernando likes this

46 minutes ago, Georgy said:

How greedy is Marina, she fuckes up each summer deals but doesn't even have the dignity to resign. 

Why would she? She's recently overseen the Nike deal with the club and is the head negotiator. I don't think she's done anything wrong at the moment. The reason we are not paying 100m for players is because Roman isn't spending like he used to, not because of Marina's negotiating. 

18 minutes ago, the wes said:

Walter Sabatini?? 

He's working for Inter now, so not him. I do wonder whether Antonio will have a say in who comes in. 

Fernando likes this

I don't get the negativity towards him. I think he did very well bringing in players like Courtois, KdB, Morata and Kante. The Papy and Hector deals don't really matter since they haven't stunted our growth as a club at all!

Hopefully we get someone who can do as well as he did, preferably even better!

Also. Many of you won't remember, but he actually convinced Neymar to come to Chelsea when he was at Santos. Santos president had to do everything he could to convince him to stay.

28 minutes ago, It's too big said:

He's working for Inter now, so not him. I do wonder whether Antonio will have a say in who comes in. 

What about Marc Overmars For the post? He's doing a decent job at Ajax with a low budget

If Luiz is still unhappy then he should follow Emenalo as well. Hope this was a Conte vs Emenalo war behind the scenes that Conte has won. Long live his reign here.

iceboy likes this

1 hour ago, Leif said:

Nothing is as crazy as these repeated posts in multiple places that Emenalo 'discovered' Hazard, the most hyped player at the time, that he discovered De Bruyne, who was literally, straight up, no other words to say it, 'discovered' by Piet de Visser, as well as Courtois. I don't know who 'discovered' Lukaku, the hottest thing perhaps in Belgian League history at the time, but I'd presume Piet de Visser knew of those exploits before Emenalo, considering he's the one who's been knee-deep in Belgium for 10 years. He found Musonda too. So stop this lie, and stop robbing a genuine man of credit.

Erase Piet de Visser's incredible Belgian work, and the 'discoveries' we've made amount to Oscar. 

Edit: And Miazga, Papy, Kenedy, Piazon....:lol:No manager of ours signed van Ginkel, either. I really wanted van Ginkel, but what was i, 15 years old or something? I knew nothing. He should have. He didn't.

Oh and Marko Marin :lol::lol:I wonder if he 'found' Azpilicueta though, because we were going through a shaky period then, so surely he was in charge of transfers. If he chose him, for whatever reason, some credit goes to him.

You're acting like De Visser is a some sort of uber-genius who never make mistakes. You are laughing at us signing them, but players like Piazon and Nathan were De Visser' proteges. Chelsea signed them by his advice.

1 hour ago, Fernando said:

Yeah true, we need to get people like what Roma got. 

1 hour ago, the wes said:

Walter Sabatini?? 

I think you mean Monchi. He worked for Sevilla before and is now at Roma.

One of best in recent years. Shame we missed him, he just moved to Roma in summer.

Fernando likes this

I love how the Daily Mail are trying to push it as another sign Conte is going to go..no this is good news!!!! Not really a blow...