The Board

5 hours ago, Barbara said:

So now who gets the targets again?

93651ed56c12ca453321f1e47eb0f766.jpg

So why did we get ride of all the promising youngsters he signed cause Jose wanted to?

if this guy is behind our transfers the last 10 years then he needs an appreciation thread. Look how much City have spent to net only to EPL trophies compared to us.

Also, I think we can all agree this guy doesn't decide how much we will spend on a player, whoever makes that decision, is the one in charge of our transfers. 

There isn't a single club in the world as self-destructive as Chelsea. That's why Chelsea fans are always on edge. Panic always looms.
15-16 was so painful and embarrassing on so many levels. Easy to blame everything on Mourinho, but board just haven't learned. Not one bit.

Chelsea fans don't know what to expect either. Are we penny pinching to pay for the stadium? No clarity from the club. No insight.

Speak for yourself, I'm not in panic at all and honestly don't remember last time I was... Probably in Munich? Different kind of panic though

^ Quite obviously a club briefing, no chance all the major newspapers in England got the same exact story at the same time without being briefed or leaked.

Sounds promising though. Club still confident on Alex Sandro plus going after Llorente and Candreva as squad player signings. Land all those and it's a huge impovement overall on last season's squad. 

Yep a couple of papers seem to think we'll spend another £150m and I read another soundbite from Steve Atkins that they've been planning for this transfer window for a long time (as in it would be a huge one). 

Ultimately once Matic and Costa are sold though, our current net transfer spend this summer would be minimal, so going and spending another £150m this summer wouldn't be surprising at all.

Hopefully some exciting times ahead...

On 19/07/2017 at 11:16 PM, Tomo said:

The board should have overruled Jose when it was clear Stones and Pogba weren't coming, so in that regard they deserve there slice of the blame but Jose's reluctance to offer plan bs was the main reason we fell hard that summer.

How do you know this Tomo?

6 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

How do you know this Tomo?

Educated guess, i should have presented the post better (as i made it sound like i had inside info haha).

Matt Law has since said that was the case and i can't recall any seriously links to any player other than Stones and Pogba (in CB and CM) circa 2015 compared to Conte's first summer when we where strongly linked to numerous CB's Bonucci, Koulibaly, Rudiger, Maksimovic before "settling" on Luiz.

8 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

And here we have the deep level of ignorance exhibited in this thread laid bare to be seen. I am not criticising Miki-Liki. He didn't know and so asked a perfectly reasonable question. Totally sensible behaviour. Problem is the vast majority of the drivel posted here is not sensible. All posters here know just as little about Chelsea's transfer activity as Miki-Liki does about Chelsea'a Head of Communications and Public Affairs, yet they pronounce away with abandon.

Don't bother telling me what the board is doing. I know you don't know.

Don't bother telling me why the board is doing it. I know you haven't got a clue.

Don't bother telling me that you understand Chelsea FC's finances better than the board does because I know where to find great comedy when I want it.

Don't bother telling me that you are expert in negotiating eight, or even nine, figure transactions because I don't know any psychiatrists I can recommend you to.

This post should be a mandatory read before posting on this forum.

Let's not beat around the brush. The present board are simply inept when it comes to measuring a players worth or actually acquiring players. I look around the Premiership and see far too many ex Chelsea players plying their trade in 1st teams of our league rivals. It is absolute lunacy that has brought us to a situation where we are chasing our tails to acquire players. We had some of the best young talent around but couldn't be bothered to give them time to blossom. We didn't even have the fore thought to sell them with buy back clauses. We sold potential and then brought crap ie Hector Miazga and Rahman to name but a few. Our youth policy is dire we keep on making the same mistakes by thinking that we are getting better older players from abroad. We buy players who have no real loyalty to our club and throw out players who want nothing more than to wear the blue shirt. I for one don't believe that our youth players aren't good enough when they continually win trophies. If any of our youth players were playing for a foreign club we would be hailing them as the next best thing and chasing their signature to play for us. Absolute madness. Just frustrated with a board who have no intention of promoting our youth, of how to buying top quality players and negotiating buy back clauses.  In the last 3 years have grown really frustrated with our boards lack of  direction. Something has to change for us to reach the next level.