The Board

Now it's working the other way, everyone knows Conte and Costa have a broken relationship and we need a striker, and now even more so, the situation is critical. We couldn't be more desperate or be up shit creek without a paddle as we are now.

There isn't a single club in the world as self-destructive as Chelsea. That's why Chelsea fans are always on edge. Panic always looms.

15-16 was so painful and embarrassing on so many levels. Easy to blame everything on Mourinho, but board just haven't learned. Not one bit.

Chelsea fans don't know what to expect either. Are we penny pinching to pay for the stadium? No clarity from the club. No insight.

Problem is more competitions..more tiredness..more need for rotation and all. Except if don't have the players hard to do it.

Still got time to get things sorted but it does tend to go we have time..still have time..oh look now we don't direction.

So, the club departed to their pre-season tour and I think it's time to see what the board did so far. Conte clearly said after the end of the season that the team needs more quality and quantity. And the team went to Asia with less quality and quantity since then :D
They signed Willy(after selling Bego, this transfer makes sense and it is a good one, imo), signed Rudiger, the team needs an improvement in the defence indeed, but I can't see Rudiger as an improvement over anyone in the current team, what gives me hope for this transfer is that it's rumoured Conte wanted him, not sure if he was his 1st option, but still. Bakayoko is an excititng player and can't wait to see him play, unfortunately he is injured and won't be able to train with the rest of the team and if it's true that he will even miss the start of the season makes the situation even worse. Having in mind that Matic will leave, the board should definitely sign at least one more midfielder.
I tend to believe Conte is not happy with the players that are travelling to pre-season, looking at the squad you can see players that has big chance of leaving the club after they come back(Remy is almost 100% out, Pasalic is believed to be transfered and there are a lot of youngsters who will probably end up on loan at Vitesse or some Championship club). Not to mention that Costa is out and the club still hasn't got his replacement...

In couple of words, the board haven't done anything to improve the team and if they don't do something soon, next season won't be really good for Chelsea fans.

What a bunch of crap. Odds on Emenalo and Granovskaia getting booted out?

WTF is wrong with this club?

For one, either the club truly don't care about CL anymore and are just hanging out on the PL popularity charts until the new stadium is built (what then?) or CFC really do have complete shit people for negotiating deals and managing the squad depth via transfers.

If we also miss out on Danilo after the striker debacle, there really should be no way back then. The problem is also that Roman only trusts his loyalists such as Emenalo and Granovskaia and that is not really based on merits. The Danilo deal should long have been completed. Seemingly, he wants to go, asked Real to leave, they want him out but we somehow could not get the bid done before City came in and bidded more. Dragging those deals for ages, waiting months and months to proceed the next steps is what has cost us in multiple transfer windows. How come those people in charge never learn from their past mistakes?

On 7/18/2017 at 8:59 AM, akgw13 said:

Now I agree with you, even i have my limits aha i am very concerned about our striker situation. Conte did not handle it well but writing was always on the wall over his situation. Rudiger/Bakayoko/Hopefully Danilo are good business but if we don't get a top line striker (Morata/Belotti) in we are in some real trouble. I, like you, am very disappointed in how this is being handled. I am not as frustrated as you or most are but i am quickly joining haha. 

July 19 you was right! :ph34r:

On 2017-7-18 at 8:09 PM, xPetrCechx said:

There isn't a single club in the world as self-destructive as Chelsea. That's why Chelsea fans are always on edge. Panic always looms.

15-16 was so painful and embarrassing on so many levels. Easy to blame everything on Mourinho, but board just haven't learned. Not one bit.

Chelsea fans don't know what to expect either. Are we penny pinching to pay for the stadium? No clarity from the club. No insight.

The board should have overruled Jose when it was clear Stones and Pogba weren't coming, so in that regard they deserve there slice of the blame but Jose's reluctance to offer plan bs was the main reason we fell hard that summer.