The Board

What?? Seriously?? He isn't even the best midfielder at his club. Xabi Alonso imo is much better. I have never rated Modric, even back in his Spurs days i thought he was overrated. To go and blow 50mill on him imo wouldn't be far off Torres as the most ridicilous transfer this club has ever made.

you should really watch a couple of RM matches. the team was being carried by modric and maria. their heart and soul.

In player sales, ins & outs etc, yes.. but they have a lot of work to do 'marketing-wise', a LOT of work.

BokmyQaCEAIMXZI.jpg

Man-City! overtaking us is unacceptable, people should really be sacked for that, considering we dropped two places this year.

Considering Man City won the double this year, a £5m difference is very negligible. If anything, the fact that our brand is only £5m off City despite winning no trophy this year is an achievement in itself.

It's not just that though. They've made the deals with the American and Australian football clubs to have ownership or whatever it was. This immediately increases their brand value to unprecedented levels (for them).

It's not just that though. They've made the deals with the American and Australian football clubs to have ownership or whatever it was. This immediately increases their brand value to unprecedented levels (for them).

I don't get how that works

Why are they allowed to own other clubs

I don't get how that works

Why are they allowed to own other clubs

Anyone is allowed to do it, you're just not allowed to have such clubs playing in the same competition. For example, if Abramovich actually owned Vitesse (and if you believe speculation.. he might do) Chelsea & Vitesse wouldn't both be allowed to enter the Champions League.. One would have to forfeit their participation.

That's why Sheik whatshisname can get away with it. They own clubs in England, America & Australia. These three teams will never meet each other in competition because they're in different leagues, in different countries, in different continents.. There would be no conflict of interest.

would be awkward if both would participate in the club world cup. Thank god that is never gonna happen.

how come Arsenal have overtaken us? They have won 1 trophy in 9 years. In that time we won 14.

Their kit-deal with Puma probably helped this. £30m/year, that list highlights how important it is for football clubs to flex their muscles in commercial revenue.

Yes, fair point - but seeing us in that list, with probably the smallest ground out of all of the entries, is some feat...

You also have to take into account country size - the Munich catchment area in mass is huge - almost equal to half of England (guesstimate) - plus Germany doesn't have Rugby competing for money/fans etc. they have handball (sucks, but some of the women teams are hot :))

Spain is also much larger than England...

Man City are the anomaly - but how much influence do they carry in the UAE - a fuckload I'd estimate and the footprint of the UAE is massive!

So pound for pound we're actually doing a fucking great job :)

I have slated the board and EMANELO many times - but I'm always willing to give people a second chance and credit where it is due!

I actually thank Torres for my newfound compassion in giving second, third, two hundred chances to people - every time he plays, I still think maybe this is the day... Then the whistle for kick off wakes me up ;)

Apparently they have saved £15.6m for 2014-15 season on Luiz, Coles and Lampards wages alone so far.

(Prob spend that on keeping Hazard n Oscar)

Possibly, but unlikely. Lets all consult the oracle of FM when it's released - lol :)

The lack of board and Jose haters are not raising their head in here. But yet are quick to slate them in other threads without solid evidence.

Evidence is subjective and easily manipulated ;) The old bill have been convicting people on 'evidence' for years ;)

People love to moan, a scandal sells, success is boring to most ;)

Although to be fair to TC members - I only really remember pure outrage when RdM was sacked and FSW came in :) even though the RdM decision was correct and the FSW won a trophy, it did feel like you'd fell asleep on Clapham Common and a train of dudes had been through you with no k y ...

Yes, fair point - but seeing us in that list, with probably the smallest ground out of all of the entries, is some feat...
Exactly. This is why it is so important we move to a new stadium. The controversy surrounding the Pitch Owner's argument hampered the development of this club severely. Fans and this group must put sentiment aside and understand that if we do want to self-sufficient a new stadium is key to this sustainability.

You also have to take into account country size - the Munich catchment area in mass is huge - almost equal to half of England (guesstimate) - plus Germany doesn't have Rugby competing for money/fans etc. they have handball (sucks, but some of the women teams are hot :))

This especially amazing because the ticket prices in Germany are extraordinarily cheap. Their financial model has its pros and cons though, their restrictions mean only commercial revenue will really allow them the extra finances required to make marquee signings since total ownership isn't allowed.

Spain is also much larger than England...

The TV rights in Spain are awful as well. Real Madrid and Barcelona take an enormous amount of it which substantially prices everyone else out the market. It's why Atletico's success is so extraordinary when considering the lack of financial fairness. I wonder what this table would look like if TV revenue was shared equally.

Man City are the anomaly - but how much influence do they carry in the UAE - a fuckload I'd estimate and the footprint of the UAE is massive!

So pound for pound we're actually doing a fucking great job
I have slated the board and EMANELO many times - but I'm always willing to give people a second chance and credit where it is due!

I actually thank Torres for my newfound compassion in giving second, third, two hundred chances to people - every time he plays, I still think maybe this is the day... Then the whistle for kick off wakes me up;)

Indeed the club has done well in commercial aspirations lately. However I think there's still more, in the last few years Liverpool, Arsenal and United have signed shirt-sponsorship deals which have broken records and Chelsea needs to start capitalising on this emerging market. A new stadium is key, but so is maximising sponsorship and advertising. So I really wouldn't care if we sold our naming rights to SB in the meantime because the fans will still call it SB and it'll still be the same ground.

Evidence is subjective and easily manipulated ;) The old bill have been convicting people on 'evidence' for years ;)

People love to moan, a scandal sells, success is boring to most ;)

Although to be fair to TC members - I only really remember pure outrage when RdM was sacked and FSW came in :) even though the RdM decision was correct and the FSW won a trophy, it did feel like you'd fell asleep on Clapham Common and a train of dudes had been through you with no k y ...

Read around talk Chelsea a bit more and you will see exactly what I mean.