Homegrown status

We have 19 non-HG players in the squad but we can only register 17. Which 2 players would you get rid off to stay within the limits?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. We have 19 non-HG players in the squad but we can only register 17. Which 2 players would you get rid off to stay within the limits?

Exactly! He needs to be "affiliated" to the FA or Welsh FA, meaning he has to be playing for an English or Welsh team. That's why didn't want to send Ake on loan to Vitesse this season so he would stay in England and become a homegrown player.

Aké stayed with us to be "club trained" i think that's why he didn't go on loan. I think LDN is right with player sent on loan abroad, they can be HomeGrown but not club trained.

Kalas will be HG while being sent to Vitesse but i'm not sure about that

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aké stayed with us to be "club trained" i think that's why he didn't go on loan. I think LDN is right with player sent on loan abroad, they can be HomeGrown but not club trained.

Kalas won't be HG for us, he hasn't spent 3 years in England.

Kalas is not HG.

• 2 months later...

I think this needs to be looked at again...

Goalies: Petr Cech; Thibault Courtois; Mark Schwarzer

Defenders: John Terry(HG); Gary Cahill(HG); Cesar Azpilicueta; Filipe Luis; Branislav Ivanovic; Nathan Ake(HG)

Midfielders: Eden Hazard; Oscar; Ramires; Nemanja Matic; John Obi Mikel; Andre Schürrle; Cesc Fabregas(HG); Marco Van Ginkel; Oriol Romeu; Mohamed Salah; Willian;

Forwards: Diego Costa; Romelu Lukaku(HG); Didier Drogba; Fernando Torres

This just doesn't seem to make a hell of a lot of sense now does it? 19 players who count as foreigners the max is 17.

Defenders: John Terry(HG); Gary Cahill(HG); Cesar Azpilicueta; Filipe Luis; Branislav Ivanovic; Nathan Ake(HG)

Midfielders: Eden Hazard; Oscar; Ramires; Nemanja Matic; John Obi Mikel; Andre Schürrle; Cesc Fabregas(HG); Marco Van Ginkel; Oriol Romeu; Mohamed Salah; Willian;

This just doesn't seem to make a hell of a lot of sense now does it? 19 players who count as foreigners the max is 17.

2 players need to leave :

1) Romeu or Mikel

2) Torres

2 players need to leave :

1) Romeu or Mikel

2) Lukaku or Torres

Van Ginkel in the mix too... I like him but lets be honest he's not really squad player status right now. He needs to play a lot at his age and with Matic, Ramires and Cesc, I doubt he gets a lot of looks.

Either we sell Torres/Lukaku or Drogba doesn't sign, and MVG is U21 next season I thought. That should be it.

Van Ginkel in the mix too... I like him but lets be honest he's not really squad player status right now. He needs to play a lot at his age and with Matic, Ramires and Cesc, I doubt he gets a lot of looks.

You think so ? I don't know he looked good in preseason and i rate him more then i do Romeu and Mikel. Also Mikel and Romeu are very similar players while Van Ginkel offers something different. I think it's gonna be between Romeu and Mikel.

I first posted the second player leaving to be either Torres or Lukaku but wouldn't getting rid of Lukaku mess with our HG quota ? The fact that he counts as HG means that we need him right ?

So that would just leave Torres. :whistling:

You think so ? I don't know he looked good in preseason and i rate him more then i do Romeu and Mikel. Also Mikel and Romeu are very similar players while Van Ginkel offers something different. I think it's gonna be between Romeu and Mikel.

I first posted the second player leaving to be either Torres or Lukaku but wouldn't getting rid of Lukaku mess with our HG quota ? The fact that he counts as HG means that we need him right ?

So that would just leave Torres. :whistling:

The best way at looking at homegrown status is like this. You can only have 17 foreigners on your roster, the rest have to be homegrown. So technically we can have a squad of just 17 foreign based players and no homegrown players. 8 roster spots are reserved for homegrown you don't have to use them all.

I really like Van Ginkel but with Romeu just signing an extension and Mikel being a vet I still feel he's at risk. I agree though, if I had my choice he'd be ahead of both of them. There's only room for one more anchor type CM's with Matic here.

it is wasted we have 3 foreign keeper in 1st team, we should really let mark go although i love that guy

He is the only keeper that is going to stay for sure, we just renewed his contract. I agree though, we should get an experienced English benchwarmer. Courtois and Cech won't play in a team for years so we'll need someone.

Either we sell Torres/Lukaku or Drogba doesn't sign, and MVG is U21 next season I thought. That should be it.

Van Ginkel turns 22 in December. Can he be counted as an u21 player for the first half of the season?

Marco is not U21. He's born in December. Had he been born in Jan, he would have still been counted as U21.

Marco is not U21. He's born in December. Had he been born in Jan, he would have still been counted as U21.

I am not really sure that it work like that. To my knowledge, the important thing is the age you have when you register to the League. So, when your club registers you to the FA before the start of the league you are 21, you thus count as a U21 player for the whole season, even if you turn 22 two days after the start of the season.

Maybe it changed recently, but I am pretty sure it work like this. At least, it was the case with Oscar last year when he turned 22 in september though was counted as U21. It was also the case with Sturridge, despite being 22 years old, he was still counted as a U21 player because he was 21 when registered to the League (if I am not 100% sure about Oscar case, I am dead certain on this). And if I remind correctly, it is also why Mata was able to participate to a U21 competition despite being 23, because when he registered for the qualification, he was 21.

So I understand the age taken into account is the age you have when you register to X competition ; this mean he should count as U21 the whole season...