Post-season review - Chelsea 2013/14

BlueLion.

Success or Failure?  

163 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel the season went? Rate out of 5...

• 1/5 - a terrible season, we fell well short of expectations.
    • 2/5 - not a great season. Some positives but overall a disappointment.
    • 3/5 - average. Not bad for a team in transition but would have liked some silverware nonetheless!
    • 4/5 - good. A positive blueprint for the future has been laid, and there were some famous wins as well (6-0 vs Arsenal, 2-0 vs PSG, etc.)
    • 5/5 - exceeding expectations! I didn't think we'd come close to achieving what we did! Bring on next season!

stop trolling

we'll go through ( i'm 99% sure it will happen ) because we completely dominated the second half, we were defensively solid, the only chance you had was hazard hitting the post and a pen generously offered by Silva

Mark my words, only Barca and Bayern can defeat us, overrated Real will fail again in the semis

Well....this is awkward.

Thinking about it this question will be more worthy asking at the end of the season? If we win the UCL or PL or perhaps both it is a definite success. If you stopped the season where we are now and went out the semis and finished 3rd for instance then maybe their is more discussion for debate but one can only truly answer this at the end of the season.

I would place it between neither and success but closer to success :D Especially if we reach CL final.

I don't care about trophies this year, but what I do care is our team's mentality, and that has improved a lot. For pretty much all of this season, we played decent, but most importantly, I felt secured watching us play, unlike previous few seasons. STABILITY :wub:

Now we bring this season to an end, adress our striking options, decide on Courtois, and look towards a new dawn! :blue scalf:

It's a successful season for me. We are one of 4 teams in the biggest club competition in the world, and the only english one. Fighting for the title and we finally look like we can challenge the 'big boys' on the same playing field. And all this while having glaring deficiencies in our team.

I do and you only need to read Liquidator's point to understand why...

Oh I said some had some understandable reasons, even if I disagree :)

I understand his #1 point if he concludes that City has a better team. Leading the table for a few rounds, while City had games to do and winning them could pass us, wasn't realistic, but it certainly made us believe. So I get the feeling that spread among fans, but it was never realistic... we were fighting, but we weren't really leaders if the other team could play their matches and winning them pass us.

I definitely agree about #2.

But I completely disagree about #3. If this team couldn't make it because of too much immaturity, promoting youth in an already very young team makes no sense in my head. It's not only about winning the title, but developing the ones that are already in the first team.

What does playing a couple of matches make to one of those boys? Basically nothing. So let's focus in developing the young guys (not as young as the youth boys) we already have before bringing even more just for the 'charitable' match that will say, oh at least Baker or Ake played 90 minutes this season. So what? It doesn't mean promotion at all. We can't afford it now with so many young players in the main team.

So that's why I disagree - but understand/respect - those arguments. City being better than us doesn't make us unsuccessful, not promoting young players when we have plenty of them already in team doesn't make us unsuccessful. Not signing a decent striker definitely makes our WINDOW unsuccessful and influences on our season. But I still get a positive at the end of the day.

I would place it between neither and success but closer to success :D Especially if we reach CL final.

I don't care about trophies this year, but what I do care is our team's mentality, and that has improved a lot. For pretty much all of this season, we played decent, but most importantly, I felt secured watching us play, unlike previous few seasons. STABILITY :wub:

Now we bring this season to an end, adress our striking options, decide on Courtois, and look towards a new dawn! :blue scalf:

we reach the CL Final AND it still isnt a success ,,,, I think Barca and Arse and Manure and City and <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<would have thought so

If we can win our remaining games obviously beat to new liverpool we can still rescue this we deserve it

Really wish we could win the league :(

It's best just to take it at a time.

You never maybe Liverpool drop points this weekend and we won't even have to beat them.

There is still a long way to go (4 games - anything can happen).