Tal Ben-Haim

DavidEU

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol spuds fans not too happy-from Yid website;

Spurs fans must be saying "here is another disaster signing on its way ". We are talking about a player that has been on the bench more than the pitch for Chelsea and arrived free of charge to the Stanford Bridge club only 6 months ago, then suddenly has an 8 million price tag slapped on him and is reported as an answer to the Spurs defence problems?

Surely our top double act Ramos and Poyet would not let such a thing happen?

Spurs coach Juande Ramos has identified the Israeli defender as his top target and is prepared to pay out in the region of £8 million to make the player his first signing.

Newcastle manager Sam Allardyce has also signalled his intent to sign the former Bolton player and has already had a loan bid for the 25-year-old rejected by Chelsea.

Ben Haim is thought to be ready to quit the Stamford Bridge club just six months after joining the side on a free transfer from Bolton last summer.

The central-defender has consigned himself to the fact his long-term future is in doubt with Chelsea closing in on the signing of Serbia international Branislav Ivanovic.

Even with John Terry sidelined with a foot injury, Ben Haim has seen little first-team action and could make the short move to Spurs to get his career back on track.

Ramos has made strengthening his backline his main priority in the transfer window as their leaky defence has conceded eight goals in three games.

Ledley King is still returning to match fitness after a long lay off with a knee injury and turned out in their 2-2 FA Cup draw with Reading.

Younes Kaboul, however, has failed to live up to expectations following his summer arrival from Auxuerre while Michael Dawson has failed to impress Ramos.

Pascal Chimbonda, meanwhile, could also reconsider his future at White Hart Lane following the arrival of full-back Chris Gunter and the club's pursuit of Rangers defender Alan Hutton.

"I am shocked that the club have made offers for two right-backs," he said.

"I am essentially a right-back and although I don't mind playing in central defence to help out my team my proper position is right back.

"When I asked why the club had signed a new right-back and moved for another one I was told they wanted me to play in central defence and I just laughed."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk

• 6 months later...

The roumers surrounding Ben Haim have kicked off today with Man City, Portsmouth and Spurs all aparently interested. Man City seem to be the favorites at the moment to land him for £5m. It would come as no suprise to anybody to see Ben Haim leave this summer.

Well it would be no suprise to see this one tied up quickly like we did with Sidwell, with our squad needing trimming right down we need to get rid of the obvious deadwood fast so we can get as close to our final squad as possible working together.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You