test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DavidEU

Tal Ben-Haim

Started by DavidEU,

85 posts in this topic
Spurs coach Juande Ramos has identified the Israeli defender as his top target and is prepared to pay out in the region of £8 million to make the player his first signing.

Newcastle manager Sam Allardyce has also signalled his intent to sign the former Bolton player and has already had a loan bid for the 25-year-old rejected by Chelsea.

Ben Haim is thought to be ready to quit the Stamford Bridge club just six months after joining the side on a free transfer from Bolton last summer.

The central-defender has consigned himself to the fact his long-term future is in doubt with Chelsea closing in on the signing of Serbia international Branislav Ivanovic.

Even with John Terry sidelined with a foot injury, Ben Haim has seen little first-team action and could make the short move to Spurs to get his career back on track.

Ramos has made strengthening his backline his main priority in the transfer window as their leaky defence has conceded eight goals in three games.

Ledley King is still returning to match fitness after a long lay off with a knee injury and turned out in their 2-2 FA Cup draw with Reading.

Younes Kaboul, however, has failed to live up to expectations following his summer arrival from Auxuerre while Michael Dawson has failed to impress Ramos.

Pascal Chimbonda, meanwhile, could also reconsider his future at White Hart Lane following the arrival of full-back Chris Gunter and the club's pursuit of Rangers defender Alan Hutton.

"I am shocked that the club have made offers for two right-backs," he said.

"I am essentially a right-back and although I don't mind playing in central defence to help out my team my proper position is right back.

"When I asked why the club had signed a new right-back and moved for another one I was told they wanted me to play in central defence and I just laughed."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk

The roumers surrounding Ben Haim have kicked off today with Man City, Portsmouth and Spurs all aparently interested. Man City seem to be the favorites at the moment to land him for £5m. It would come as no suprise to anybody to see Ben Haim leave this summer.

Well it would be no suprise to see this one tied up quickly like we did with Sidwell, with our squad needing trimming right down we need to get rid of the obvious deadwood fast so we can get as close to our final squad as possible working together.

Thank god.

He's done nothing but give Cech 50 stitches. Nice one mate.

Can't wait to see him go

Fantastic!! Ben Haim and Sidwell leave for £5 million each.

That's a £10 million profit for the club since we bought both on free transfers last summer B)

And when you take that into consideration, it means we've basically spent on £12 million on both Bosingwa and Deco - that's very good business if you ask me.

Citizens have made a bid

Manchester City have revealed that they are in negotiations with Chelsea over the signing of Tal Ben Haim.

City boss Mark Hughes has identified a number of players he feels will strengthen his squad ahead of the forthcoming campaign, with the club preparing to mount domestic and European challenges next term.

Israel international Ben Haim has been discussed as a potential new recruit in defence, with the 26-year-old believed to have held discussions with City's management team on Tuesday.

"We have made a bid," said Hughes.

"Discussions are taking place and hopefully that will be among a number of deals that we conclude before the transfer deadline."

Despite ongoing talks there is little chance of a transfer being pushed through in time for Ben Haim to make his debut in the Uefa Cup qualifier with Faroe Islands minnows EB/Streymur on Thursday.

SkySports

Times saying this Morning that the deal for the tight shorted inadequate, is done and dusted for £5 million.....

Lol, lets hope so.

We expected multiple changes with the Scolari arrival, so far only Sidwell and Maka out and Deco in.....

Lol, lets hope so.

We expected multiple changes with the Scolari arrival, so far only Sidwell and Maka out and Deco in.....

There wernt going to be multiple changes in my opinion, as it was Grants ineptitude that resulted in a trophyless season.

Sidwell and BendOver out for combined £10 m...good bit o' business

There wernt going to be multiple changes in my opinion, as it was Grants ineptitude that resulted in a trophyless season.

Sidwell and BendOver out for combined £10 m...good bit o' business

Excellant business, suprised there hasn't been any movement on Pizarro though! To bring the attacking football that is aparently expected i still think there needs to be 1 more signing. Other than that our squad is perfect and will certainly take some beating this season..

Esk, when I have dropped Robinho off, I'll drive Ben Haim up north and drop him off in Manchester, and I wouldn't even charge him a penny for the diesel. :eyebrows:

Esk, when I have dropped Robinho off, I'll drive Ben Haim up north and drop him off in Manchester, and I wouldn't even charge him a penny for the diesel. :eyebrows:

Lol. :D Now i think you will have form a line behind all the other fans willing to take him as well......