test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sidzeret

Rumoured John Stones

Started by Sidzeret,

3,202 posts in this topic

30m oh, dear! Please, not him. Another overhyped, overrated English player. :doh:

LMAO. How much have you watched him, lad? I can bet everything it isn't above the televised games of Everton, which were quite low this year.

recording to Gianluca Di Marzio chelsea are interest in john stones i hope this happens john stones could be the future jt replacement but i think everton will play hard ball for john stones

Everton will at the least want the Lukaku money back I would imagine.

Sidzeret likes this

Tbh, DiMarzio looks like he's talking nonsense. He says we're "negotiating" for Stones and also working on cash + Luis for Koke and Godin. There's no way we're going to end up with 5 centre halves so at the most only one of what he says could be true. I suppose Stones could be a HG replacement if Cahill is sold, but there is absolutely no rumour about him leaving on any respected sites.

Tbh, DiMarzio looks like he's talking nonsense. He says we're "negotiating" for Stones and also working on cash + Luis for Koke and Godin. There's no way we're going to end up with 5 centre halves so at the most only one of what he says could be true. I suppose Stones could be a HG replacement if Cahill is sold, but there is absolutely no rumour about him leaving on any respected sites.

He didnt say we're 'working on cash + Luis for Koke and Godin', he said Cheslea are intrested in Koke and Godin and Luis could be returning to ATM in a future deal. Clubs always keeping a few options open, you're not negotiating with 1 club/player and waste time until the deal falls, you talk to a few clubs/players and try to see whats possible. I believe we're working on at least 2 CBs, 2 CMs, and 2 wingers. At the very least.

Obviously a Godin deal is an unlikely one, while Stones sounds about right. He's a young, pacey, Engliish CB playing for Everton while we look to have a future Terry replacement.

Terry on John Stones: "I have seen a lot of games and I am a big fan of his." #CFC #EFC (talkSPORT)

Terry on John Stones: "He pulls wide of the box and wants the ball and for a young defender to do that in the Premier League takes some gut"

Terry on John Stones: "He is exceptional with both feet, he is a ball-playing centre half which you need to be these days." #CFC #EFC

Terry on John Stones: "He looks to play from the back & that can only be good for English football that the likes of him are coming through"

Terry on John Stones: "He is extremely confident. He is definitely one I have been impressed by." #CFC #EFC (talkSPORT)

Bir_CFC and Madmax like this

FUCK NO. But he's more English.

I guess he is about 20m more English and 10m more homegrown than Kalas. But Omeruo is as homegrown as Stones and consequently 10m more homegrown than Kalas. But then again milner is as English as Stones and still was free, so we should get Stones for the 10m he is homegrown. wtf

With lack of english players, I would consider Clyne, Stones, Sterling, Ox if possible, or maybe even Barkley to be our NECCESARY buy(s) in next two windows. Good enough or not, cheap or not, required or not, we will need to buy english players. And I hope we wont settle for some realy shit players who will be here just to do numbers. I dont see why not Stones if he will be anything below 25m.

All this talk about Varane, yes he is Mou kid, he played in CL final and had superb last season with Mou, but there are other young CBs who are doing well to. Gimenez and Laporte certainly had better season than Varane last year. Stones is quite good too, but no where near either of three yet. However he is english and I hope we sign some english players. At least one good enough to play in first 11 (Clyne I guess).

jeronimo likes this

Everton will demand Lukaku money in return for him. But seeing that Garbutt emerged as another young defender they can be eager to sell him.

When I read that he is ball-playing defender I can't believe. Is he really that good with the ball ? I've seen a lot of matches with Stones and he never struck me as a particularly great with his feet. Decent but nothing more.

Stones (and Barclay) are two young English talents who impress me but we already have good young talent in their positions who given a chance will impress too.i wouldn`t mind if we got him atall but...

we would have to pay a lot to get Stones..the kind of money an established European star would demand. if we sign another defender he is not gonna be replacing anyone from last season apart from if Luis leaves so we are not in a need to strengthen a position that has been weakened.we are just adding strength to depth. something just keeping Kalas or Omeruo would do and save us a lot of money to strengthen elsewhere.

We do need a overhall of our back 4. He may not be the worse in the world by Bane/Cahill have not been their best this season.

Cahill has looked weak,thin,pale (very similar to how Schurrle looked) and for alot of times specially without JT hes been nervous and jumpy every time the ball is in the box.

Bane I like seeing go forward but I think he forgets hes a defender at times. He stays upfield and because hes not the quickest he gets lost and not get back fast enough.

JT will more than likely be his last year. Hes been an excellent captain but he will want to leave before he got like Drogs.

Filipe will be going so lets hope a part ex is on with Griezmann.

Dave is fine. Luckily plays LB/RB so we need one or the other.

What my dream is to team Zouma/Varane but will be hard I know. But would be good to sort out our defence now so they can grow together,

We do need homegrowns (unfortunately) so defence is an option.

But theres alot of good CBs linked with us, the question is do we go with 20/30 year olds who may have experience but we will have to replace soon and lose money doing so or go with a more youthful ones that can all stay together longer as a team.

John Stones isn't going to play for Chelsea because he will never be good enough.

He isn't far off Cahill already. Many would prefer him to start for England over him.