John Stones

Sidzeret

If luiz stays, we got enough cover in his positions, if not, I'd rather buy an experienced back-up.

From the financial point of view, he could mean good business as he is english and english is overpriced.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Under normal circumstances i would say no as we have enough young CB's already, but we desperately need a English core to the side with our legends getting on.

If we get him i wouldn't be as gutted if Shaw goes United.

Caulker>>>>>>>>>>>>>Stones by far.

Couldn't believe it when Tottenham sold him, I always thought he'd be loaded out not sold. Stupidity. Rumour has it they want him back too.

On Stones, has great potential but he needs a few more seasons with Everton. Martinez is best for him and Stones needs to keep his head screwed on and develop with Everton before making a move. We should back off.. We have Kalas and Ake. We should trust in these boys.

Couldn't believe it when Tottenham sold him, I always thought he'd be loaded out not sold. Stupidity. Rumour has it they want him back too.

On Stones, has great potential but he needs a few more seasons with Everton. Martinez is best for him and Stones needs to keep his head screwed on and develop with Everton before making a move. We should back off.. We have Kalas and Ake. We should trust in these boys.

Ake won't make it here as a CB I'm afraid. Too small - think he can do well for us as a DM predominantly/jack off all trades squad player that can play everywhere in defence.

Ake won't make it here as a CB I'm afraid. Too small - think he can do well for us as a DM predominantly/jack off all trades squad player that can play everywhere in defence.

I'll take that, and he's homegrown so they'll be a bit more affection towards him for that.

Stones should stay at Everton, Martinez will help him improve. Caulker is very good though, surely he'll be up for sale considering they just got relegated, no?.£8m for him wouldn't be bad. And he's homegrown.

Let's buy another centre back to join the growing list of CB already on the clubs books like JT,Cahill,Luiz(if he stays),Ivanovic,Zouma,Kalas,Christensen,Omeruo. heck even Chalobah and Ake can play that position.

It's absolutely baffling how some people are in favor of this rumor and I don't give a shit if he's homegrown and promising.

• 3 months later...

We should sign him next summer. Ivan will be 31 and John can gradually replace him as the right back come centre half aswell as add to our HG core that NEEDS boosting.

Would be a very shrewd signing imo.

Don't see the hype really. Hes good on the ball, when he played instead of Jagielka for Everton you could see he has more composure, more mobility and better distribution than him but he really isn't that great. I am actually surprised he started tonight for England, hes really not that good. If Roy Hodgson wasn't an idiot he'd of had Nathaniel Clyne in about the squad, he is the only English RB I would think we should look at, really surprised that he wasn't called up when players like Delph, Colback and Rose were.

We should target Stones, Prowse, Clyne, Barkley next summer. Probably buy two of them too, to boost hg quota.

We will be soon without single realy important english player (once jt retires) and thats bad. Top players come and go, but we had john and lamps here for like decade. They were soul and heart of team, we need new players now. Its imporant that board at least tries to bring some more hg footballers in near future.

It will cost fortune, but if we pick right ones (not overhyped ones), it will be worth longterm-wise.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You