PSG 3-1 Chelsea

Jase

Man of the Match  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

Congrats to Paris on winning the 1st half of this tie, but in truth it was Chelsea who lost the match, not Paris who won it.

Still, three gifts is a lot when you are called Chelsea. David Luiz giving the ball away, then Terry with a howler there, then no one to play the 2nd ball. My oh my... Then it's Cech's fault for the 2nd and the 3rd. And don't tell me that was foul on Matuidi before the 2nd goal. No decent ref in this world would have awarded a free-kick there. David Luiz had two fouls the entire game - 1st on Ibrahimovic, where he didn't even touch him, and 2nd on Matuidi, before the goal.

After seeing Paris last night, I'm more than confident Chelsea will go through. But Semi-finals is where the journey will end I'm afraid. Paris is no Champions League material and Chelsea can easily score two at the Bridge. Just don't force Eto'o against Stoke and he'll do the job for us. Ramires will be out, wich is a good thing. Hope Ibrahimovic gets fit in time, would help Chelsea even more. Goal in the first 20 minutes and anything can happen.

BTW, pathetic display from the Paris fans, coming here after such a performance from their team. And only 5 minutes after the game is over (maybe they are all living inside Parc des Princes). Thought we're talking to proper Paris fans, but in fact we're having only internet warriors among us.

Onwards and upwards!

I know not alot if anything but the false 9 only works if you can hold the ball and have loads of possession like barca, even bayern tried it last night and failed. They only scored after mandzukic headed down for schweinsteiger. It didnt work for us against united and it didnt work tonight, yes schurrle is a good finisher but it is completely different being upfront alone so i dont think mourino had much choice but to put torres who had 6 goals in 5 cl games or something

Torres is a dogshit whore who i never want to see in a chelsea shirt ever again.

i dont get why mourinho keeps playing him. It was a perfect time to bring on Ba today.

PSG didn't really impress me much, they are a good team but are definitely beatable. We played bad and made mistakes that we don't usually make and they made us pay for each one. Would have been very happy with the 2-1 but 3-1 is pretty bad. We can still do it, but everyone would have to put in a heck of a performance.

The difference between Napoli and PSG is PSG have experience this game is done for. If we win and go through I wont post on Talk Chelsea till next season, if I had a house I would bet it thts how shit I think our strikers and midfielders are.

Again Mourinho looked like the clueless one. Schurle wasnt playing great, but Torres always do worst.

After we conceded the 2nd, it looked like we could score another one, but he decided to call Lampard and replace with Oscar. Guess what, Lampard looked like a amateur when Pastore scored the 2nd one.

And guys, wake up, Matic is just an avarage player. Against Crystal Palace we had Matic...

Hazard, great player, but really need to improve his decision making.

Its not over, but we never manage to play we need to take the iniative.

Chelsea's faults in my opinion:

1- Absence of striker. Drogba's departure left big gap, Torres tried but he is in his last throes now, as we all know. Eto'o is great but injury prone.

2- Inability to hold on to the ball and slow things down when needed.

3- A definite allround weakening as the end of the season nears.

Another thing I noticed today is we gain some break opportunities but blow them real bad. Contrast that with the accurate movements of Bayern Munich players in similar situations.

The annoying thing is we didn't even get beat by some Ibra or Cavani magic, but stupid mistakes.

Now they will counter hard with Lavezzi, Lucas and Cavani, our chances are pretty bleak.

Wouldn't say our chances are bleak but will be tough and low/average chance probably. We have seen their defence can be gotten at tonight and it's just a matter of whether we can keep a clean sheet and be clinical with our chances next week. Almost the same case like Napoli two years ago.

Chelsea's faults in my opinion:

1- Absence of striker. Drogba's departure left big gap, Torres tried but he is in his last throes now, as we all know. Eto'o is great but injury prone.

2- Inability to hold on to the ball and slow things down when needed.

3- A definite allround weakening as the end of the season nears.

Another thing I noticed today is we gain some break opportunities but blow them real bad. Contrast that with the accurate movements of Bayern Munich players in similar situations.

I am kind of waiting for an optimistic but theatrical quote from you :D. Give me one buddy

Stabbers, junkies, ex prisoners etc are not true fans. Get over it. It's 2014. Grab your shirt and go to matches.

Stabbers, junkies and ex prisoners were not the true fans. But when PSG made "the big cleaning" in 2010, they also banned a lot of 'innocent" real supporters.

The thing is we try tyo sugar coat our loses, this is just prolonging the inevitable, we have blown away our season in 2 weeks becoz Mourinho has been too arrogant with team tactics. Honestly no chance of coming back as long as we have those group of players. Look at Cech his way past it IMO no decent keeper shld be beaten in the near post in a crucial game like tht, Terry is too old and slow and the season is really starting to cach up with him, Cahill is average but ok, Azp has been good but u cant expect him to play well in his unnatural position, At least 2 years ago we knew Napoli were inexperienced had a weak defence we had a good striker and a coach who had guts.