test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jason

Closed PSG 3-1 Chelsea

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   97 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

352 posts in this topic

Paris St. Germain 3-1 Chelsea
POST-MATCH DISCUSSION AND ANALYSIS

Samuel+Eto+o+Chelsea+v+Galatasaray+aPRZr

UEFA Champions League Quarter Finals 1st Leg
2nd April, Wednesday, 2014
Parc des Princes
19:45 Kick Off (UK time)

bluedrake55 likes this

Honestly we deserved that. Players should be ashamed with that second half performance. Toothless, passive and completely lacking desire and energy.

PSG weren't great, we were very bad.

Disappointing but not surprising.

No striker.

No midfield.

What is surprising is the number of people giving up in the match thread and saying the tie is over. Have a fucking word with yourselves. We can turn this tie around back at the Bridge like we did in 2012.

But unfortunately the things that cost us weren't that surprising.

Mohammed Seif and Berke like this

Good first half display after a poor start (Courtois would have saved Lavezzi's goal) but what the shit was that in the second half? I don't even have words for how bad that was, I knew the 2nd goal was coming as soon as the free kick was given, and that third goal.... come the fuck on. Awful.

Going to need to FIGHT for this in the second leg, and I don't know if the current team has it in them, I sure hope they do.

sdrcfc likes this

Can't see us coming back from this I'm afraid. Psg are far better defensively than Napoli and we had a striker when we played them

In other news, has anyone got Courtois' number?

Vybz Kartel likes this

Cech should have done better on both 2-1 and 3-1. Though the defense was a joke on the last goal as well.

Really, really bad performance. Last few weeks haven't been very encouraging.

Going to Stoke live, flying out tomorrow. Hope players wake up for that.

Many mistakes were made. Cech especially looked suspect on two of the goals. While Luiz probably could have cleared that OG, it was a freekick Cech should have had punched away, Terry should also have done much better on it (and on the first goal cleared it better). Third goal was typical Pastore and caught the whole defense sleeping, but still even with that, Cech and his poor near post skills... Next season must be time for Courtois to get a proper chance.

Eto'o might be available for the next game. Maybe we will pull off 2011/12 again. History repeats itself as they say :Goober:

I don't know about the replay but if this was a league match we 'd be cursing even more.

It's definitely a lean spell, happening in midst of the crucial stage of the proceedings as well.

Can we win 2-0 at the Bridge?

2-0 would be doable with Matic and Etoo. But at the Bridge we won't have Matic, David Luiz, Ramires nor Willian.

On their side, the only important player they will be missing is Cavani, who was a flop in this game and they still won 3-1.