Horse Racing

cosmicway

I do races for press.

But we don't have from UK in the national circuit -several months now because of crazy royalties dispute- so UK for me only if I have time to get involved for personal betting with the other companies.

I 'm going to look into Dubai carefully tomorrow night though.

It's up to you to get involved and make this into a lively thread about the sport of kings, especially with the Grand National coming up next week and the beginning of the flat season.

Can you be as accurate as in football ? Many sports forums are pretty accurate prediction-wise on football things but when it comes to horses it's cry baby cry.

The last two are after our match:

R8: 12-4-15-3

R9: 12-8-1-4

This is the verdict of the "best international tipsters pool".

I went to the post also. A weak market is anticipated -as is always the case with races in foreign soil- but the whatever market movements will be observable through their "intelligent cards".

I don't know ...

A friend says:

1. Balthazar King 2. Long Run 3. Monbeg Dude 4. Double Seven.

Read also what our French amis are saying (they are knowledgeable):

Le Grand Steele-chase de Liverpool, une épreuve mythique sur un parcours dantesque ! Pas moins de 40 engagés dans cette charge héroïque et le vainqueur aura bien du mérite. Faisons confiance à l'élève de Nicky Henderson Long Run, affûté pour cet objectif après une victoire à Kelso, et à Teaforthree, qui a échoué dans la Gold Cup de Cheltenham. L'opposition sera emmenée par Monbeg Dude, auteur d'une bonne rentrée à Doncaster, et par le top-weight Tidal Bay, engagé par Paul Nicholls avec de légitimes prétentions. Il faudra surveiller de près Double Seven, qui a su aligner cinq succès l'an passé et va monter en puissance sur sa course de rentrée, et Rocky Creek, qui arrive avec beaucoup de fraîcheur sur ce défi. La surprise pourrait venir de Prince De Beauchêne, préparé avec soin par Willy Mullins, ou de Burton Port, qui vient de prouver sa forme sur l'hippodrome de Newbury. Citons enfin Pineau De Ré, The Package et Balthazar King, qui peuvent eux aussi émettre quelques prétentions dans cette épreuve unique au Monde.

• 4 weeks later...

Kentucky derby - short price favourite

Churchil Downs, Sat May 3 11.24 UK time, 1m 2f, 21 run

California Chrome is the clear favourite, priced 2/1 in a field of 21.

Video below tells the story of the horse:

UK racing websites are not covering the Churchil Downs meeting all that much, but the Racing post features cards for three of the meeting's races. Racing Post acknowldedges California Chrome's superior speed figures but expresses some concern about his ability to handle the distance-track and goes for Danza. California Chrome is the no 5 in the race and Danza is the no 4.

• 2 weeks later...