Man City v Chelsea

Jase

Different to the league game as we both have injuries and UCL coming up so will be 2 weaker teams. I reckon City will probably win but i'm looking forward to seeing us with a completely different yet good back 4. Our record in big games with Ivanovic and Luiz together is actually fantastic and will be good to see Cole back, it's a massive game for him. City may win but we'll compete and we will field a good team.

Schurrle needs a big performance if he plays. If not, i can see him going in the summer. It's the business end of the season and he needs to do something to prove why he's here and so we don't just rely on the usual guys.

If we were at home, we'll probably play this. But we are away I'm 100% sure that we will play 4-3-3 and not 4-2-3-1

Even if we play 4-3-3, it will look like 4-2-3-1 when City has the ball because Silva comes inside and Yaya becomes a AM. So there isn't much difference between these two formations.

If the amount of space is the same than in the league game, Schurrle/Hazard/Willian will have a field day, I'm just hoping that we will have the final touch.

we played 4-2-3-1 when we beat them away mate...

Even if we play 4-3-3, it will look like 4-2-3-1 when City has the ball because Silva comes inside and Yaya becomes a AM. So there isn't much difference between these two formations.

If the amount of space is the same than in the league game, Schurrle/Hazard/Willian will have a field day, I'm just hoping that we will have the final touch.

I know what you mean. But I'm sure ramires will play because silva comes to overcrowd the centre. Ramires was key because of his defensive solidity and energy to get to the end of our attacks faster than anyone in our team.

If it was a pure 4-2-3-1, we won't find 3 cms in the same lineup.

What we played was almost the same formation against tottenham first half, but we executed it more perfectly against city(maybe bcos of matic)

What a confidence booster for us if we can do them again! Go at it all guns blazing in my opinion. Hazard, Willian and Eto'o deserve a rest though. All three have been outstanding the last few weeks. Bench them and use them when the going gets tough. To do City three times this year would be amazing:-D

Schwarzer

Azpi-Iva-Luiz-Cole

Ramires-Lamps

Salah-Oscar-Schurrle

Torres

Why do people say FA Cup or League or FA Cup or UCL? We should be competing for the whole lot and trying to win every game. We have injuries and we have players in great form and they need to start every game. I don't buy this players needing rest bollocks when they play once on 4 days or 7. We get a few times where we play 1 in 3 but not atm. These are guys at the top of their physical conditions and age and a game is 90 minutes with a 15 minute break in between, not 3 hours continuously.

Rest players vs Norwich at home, NOT Man City away.

Play full team. A) It will be great to win a trophy under mourinho. B) What a statement it would be to beat them 3 times this season (twice away). Definitley don't rest players. If they need a rest we can do that against weaker opposition in the premier league.

Now is not the time to take the foot of the accelerator.

Fucking hell!!First Terry was rested just as a precaution and should be available against wba then he is not ready for wba but will be fit for city and now he aint fit to play against city as well and I wont be surprised if we hear the same words next friday :rant: .

It's disappointing and concerning for us, but not totally unexpected - unfortunately. Given him record in the past two years, I'm actually quite happy and relieved he's played so many months for us without any problem. It's been six months with him playing all EPL and UCL matches, while not only being fit, but at the top of his form.

I wish this could go on forever, but given his age and injury record in recent years, unfortunately it was prone for him to catch an injury. Hopefully it was a small one and they're indeed sparing him to prevent it from becoming something much worse when we'll need him the most.

What really disappoints me is that we don't have Cahill either now. Now that's really complicated and somewhat unexpected - at least for me.

edit: should we win today, I'm doing my little dance (recorded) in each of my kits - home, away and third, one for each win. Otherwise, it'll only be the one I bet :P