test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

captainmarvel

Rafael van der Vaart

Started by captainmarvel,

94 posts in this topic

"Real Madrid Offer Rafael van der Vaart To Premier League Outfits - Report

Chelsea have been given the chance to sign the Dutch international midfielder for €8.9 million as los Blancos believe interim manager Guus Hiddink might be interested in his compatriot...

Primera Division giants Real Madrid have offered the services of Rafael van der Vaart to a host of Premier League clubs, according to a report in the British tabloid The Daily Mirror.

Chelsea are thought to have been approached as los Blancos feel that the Blues' interim manager, Guus Hiddink, may be a keen admirer of his compatriot and would recommend him as an end of season signing.

However, it is claimed that los Merengues will also give the likes of Arsenal, Everton and Liverpool the chance to sign the 26-year-old for around €8.9 million (£8m) this summer.

The attacking midfielder only moved to the Santiago Bernabeu from Hamburg last year. Real paid a fee in the region of €13m (£11.6m) for his services.

After an initially impressive start to his Primera Division career, it seems that Van der Vaart has subsequently failed to win over Real Madrid's hierarchy.

Ricky Brooks, Goal.com"

is it just me or is he kinda cheap??....

we should get him.....

Van Der Vaar is a very good player. I have no idea why it hasn't worked out for him at Madrid, similarly i don't know if his injury problems have cleared up or not.

Having said that i would not mind at all if we say Deco and Ballack leaving our squad and Van Der Vaart and a younger talent come in.....

I hope if he comes and Deco leaves, he doesn't turn out to be another Deco...

Well he has certainly got a lot more years in him than Deco!!!!!

I thought what Madrid bought him for was a bargain, so if we can get him for less its an absolute steal.

He is young, hugely talented, versatile, would just make so much sense to sign him to replace Deco.

Plus he has a seriously hot wife for us to look at

Chelsea could renew their interest in Rafael van der Vaart if Real Madrid, desperate to get rid of players, slash the Dutchman's price.

A string of Premier League clubs are rubbing their hands at the prospect of a summer fire sale forced on Madrid because they have too many players.

Spanish league rules state that a club can only register 25 players and Madrid have 29 with up to four set to not be given a shirt number ahead of the new season.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.people.co.uk/sport/football/tm_method=full&objectID=21565059&siteID=93463-name_page.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

The future of Rafael van der Vaart at Real Madrid has been in doubt ever since the arrival of Florentino Perez as the club's president. After months of speculation, the Dutch international has now made it clear that he will not stay at the Spanish powerhouse.

"The head coach has told me that I will mainly warm the bench in the upcoming season. So for me there's no point in staying at the club," Van der Vaart said to De Telegraaf.

"Real want to recoup the money they paid for me about a year ago. However, I totally understand that interested clubs are not in a hurry to make an inquiry about me. They hope that Madrid will lower their asking price.

"Rejoining Hamburger SV is certainly an option for me, but Germany isn't my only possible new destination. The most important thing for me is getting regular first team football. I don't want to lose my place in the Holland squad for South Africa."

The former Ajax star is being linked with a whole number of big clubs such as Liverpool, Inter, Hamburger SV and Milan at the moment.

We need to get either him or Sneijder... Deco and Ballack are past their best and should be moving on soon, you'd think.

I don't see him coming to Chelsea. As someone posted above, van der vaart wants regular first team football, and I think he knows his games will be cut significantly if he joins Chelsea versus other teams that may be interested: Hamburg, Milan, etc.

21.57 Dutch midfielder Rafael Van der Vaart should be allowed to leave Real Madrid for nothing having fallen out of favour there, a lawyer for the players' union FIFPro has clamed.

god i hope we don't sign him, if we do it will be out of pointless desperation and just for the sake of it

tonight against england he was slow and very average which is why real madrid don't want him, unless we are inferior to real madrid?

Chelsea are closing in on Rafael van der Vaart.

Boss Carlo Ancelotti has been tracking Real Madrid's £10m Dutch playmaker for several months.

Talks with the representatives of the player have already begun about a move to Stamford Bridge this summer.

Ancelotti is keen to play Van der Vaart, 27, in his diamond midfield behind the two strikers.

The Dutch ace is widely regarded as one of the most creative players in Europe but has been frozen out at Real.

Chelsea are keen to finalise a deal before the World Cup finals as they fear Van der Vaart's price will rocket if he does well.

With Deco destined to go home to Brazil next season, Ancelotti wants a reliable ball player to supply his strikers.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2904683/Chelsea-close-on-10m-Van.html

----

Good player, good price. Would be more than happy with this.

At that price would be a good deal, but would also hope to either see a younger playmaker come in also or have real plans to use our own young players to take over eventually because at 27 we still need to be think ahead.

I like Van Der Vaart though, no idea how he has been doing injury-wise though which is something we need to consider if we do go ahead with this..