test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

captainmarvel

Rafael van der Vaart

Started by captainmarvel,

94 posts in this topic

Chelsea boss Guus Hiddink is keen on Real Madrid midfielder Rafael van der Vaart.

The People says Hiddink has told Roman Abramovich to sign Real Madrid star Van der Vaart.

Hiddink recommended his fellow Dutchman to the Chelsea owner - sparking suggestions he could remain at Stamford Bridge beyond the end of the season.

Temporary Blues boss Hiddink claims he will step down in the summer to concentrate on his other job as Russia's national boss.

But whether he stays or goes, Hiddink is fully involved in planning for next season - and Van der Vaart is at the top of his shopping list.

Hiddink is a long-time admirer of the Dutch international midfielder and is convinced he would be a success at the Bridge. A bid in the region of £8million is being prepared.

I hate this. Hiddink targetting players for Chelsea and another manager given the task to manage them. its like the Dennis wise and Keegan situation.

We need to by Hiddink's targets ONLY IF he agrees to manage them.

Would love to have van der Vaart, would prefer Iniesta tho, dont think we would be able to get him though so van der Vaart would be the next best option. Diego is also pretty good but is way over priced

Rafael van der Vaart has declared he is ‘honoured’ to be linked to Chelsea.

Real Madrid midfielder Van der Vaart has expressed his frustration at being considered a substitute by Juande Ramos, and the Dutchman has refused to close the door on a possible move to Chelsea.

The Holland international is flattered to be a reported target for the Stamford Bridge outfit, and he has hailed Guus Hiddink as one of the best coaches in world football.

“There are always rumours, especially when you don’t play, but for sure I’m honoured,” Van der Vaart told De Telegraaf, when asked about Chelsea’s reported interest in his services.

“Hiddink is one of the best managers in the world and being part of his plans is not something easy.”

The midfielder added: “I think that it’s obvious that I have been the principal victim of [bernd] Schuster’s departure and Juande Ramos’ arrival.

“Apparently the gaffer doesn’t rely on me.”

Real Madrid's Dutch midfielder Rafael van der Vaart says he would like to join Chelsea, if his compatriot Guus Hiddink stays on as manager. (The Sun)

Would love to see him stay, and Hiddink too for that matter.

If Hiddink turn out to be director of football looks like Chelsea will buy van der Vaart i think he is a very good player him or diego would be brilliant signings !!!!!!!

Having only started 10 games this season for Real Madrid, the 26-year-old is clearly frustrated with his current predicament.

"Clearly the coach has no confidence in me," he added.

Bert van Marwijk, the current Holland boss, has made it clear to van der Vaart that he must be playing regular club football in order to be considered for his country.

"The coach has made it clear to me that I must be playing club football to play for the national team."

"If my World Cup selection is threatened I must think about a transfer."

goal.com

Van der Vaart has ruled out a return to former club Hamburg, but is seemingly determined to leave the Bernabeu.

His fellow Dutchman Guus Hiddink is in charge at Chelsea and if he can be persuaded to stay in West London, Van der Vaart claims a deal is ready to be signed.

"Fortunately for me, Chelsea want me," the midfielder told The Daily Mail. "So I have everything clear.

"If Hiddink remains at the helm of Chelsea, I hope the signing will be closed soon.

"I want to leave Real Madrid."

setanta.com

He better come cheap.

No way we are gonna pay like more than 15million for him.

And please, the shirt manufacturers please don't do the old stunts like Robinho's.

I would just prefer to see a fully fit Joe Cole play in the middle of the pitch. I still dont believe hes a winger and i never will even if he does play there for us and England.

I would just prefer to see a fully fit Joe Cole play in the middle of the pitch. I still dont believe hes a winger and i never will even if he does play there for us and England.

I have never seen joe cole as a winger either he lacks that wingers pace.

YEY!!! I wanted VDV in Chelsea last season....

I knew he shud hav moved here....

WOOO...... :clap:

hope he's a hit in the bridge!!! :clap:blue%20scalf.gif

Real Madrid schemer Rafael van der Vaart has denied reports suggesting he wanted to join Premier League big guns Chelsea.

Quotes attributed to van der Vaart were published last week stating he would be interested in leaving Real Madrid for Stamford Bridge.

Van der Vaart's future at El Santiago Bernabeu has been the subject of constant speculation after failing to hold down a regular place in the Real side this term.

The Dutchman has moved to clear up the confusion and insists he will make a decision on his future in the summer once the situation becomes clear at Madrid.

"I hear there are rumours about me wanting to go to Chelsea. But I have never said that," van der Vaart told his official website.

"I have not yet decided on my future. I don't know anything about it.

"At Real Madrid a lot of things are gonna happen in the summer. A new president and maybe a new coach. So far I I'll just wait and see."

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,1...5121455,00.html