test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

captainmarvel

Rafael van der Vaart

Started by captainmarvel,

94 posts in this topic

I won't lie and say I am a huge fan of the BundesLiga but I have seen plenty of Hamburg games as I am a fan of Kompany. VdV seems to be a good player going forward but an earlier comment about being injury prone I can confirm as he missed three weeks during October and then a shorter spell in November with injury if I recall correctly.

Chelsea are in talks with the representatives of Hamburg midfielder Rafael van der Vaart.

Blues boss Avram Grant is eager to land the Hamburg captain, 25, in the summer and Blues technical director Frank Arnesen has held talks with his agent Soren Lerby.

Chelsea's German scout Rainer Bonhof saw £20million-rated Van der Vaart take his season's goal tally to 10 - making him the Bundesliga's joint-top marksman - in the weekend's 1-1 draw at Bayer Leverkusen.

Van der Vaart has refused to sign a contract extension. And even though he is also wanted by Inter Milan, Juventus and Valencia, Chelsea are his favoured option.

TribalFootball

as for the injury stats VDV has never played more than 33 games in a season and has crossed 30 just twice since joining ajax in '99 and ajax and hamburger have regulalrly played in uefa cup/CL..

comparing his 2004-2007 stats to robben, he has featured in 88 matches as opposed to robben's 82, not much of an improvement is it..

Want-away Hamburg ace Rafael van der Vaart has issued a come-and-get-me plea to Chelsea...

Rafael van der Vaart has hinted that there’s nothing Hamburg can do that would persuade him to stay at the HSH Nordbank Arena and urged Chelsea to move for him in the summer.

The Dutch international has long been admired by the Stamford Bridge side, but it was Valencia who made the first move last year, failing in a €22 million (£18 million) bid for the forward.

Now, Van der Vaart is keen to avoid a repeat, insisting it’s time for him to join an elite club.

Chelsea are likely to spend in the summer in a bid to revamp their ‘win ugly’ brand of football. Reports suggest that former Ajax man Van der Vaart, who has 50 caps for the Netherlands, could be high on the Blues’ wish-list during the off-season.

"What happens when Chelsea or another top club comes along on August 21 and offers €30 million?" the 25-year-old asked Sport Bild.

"I would want to move, even at the very last minute of the transfer window.

"Hamburg made me a great offer last year and I turned it down because my aim is to move to a big club where I can improve and win trophies.

"My opinion will not change."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_3432106,00.html

Interesting

Saw the lad play v Luton in a friendly a few years back and he produced a phenominal piece of skill, where he dribbled the ball doing keepy-ups, flicked it over someones head, and before it bounced, flicked it back over again the other way. Was amazing. Also a couple of times flicked the ball up onto his head and ran with it like it like that Lulinha does.

I would love to see him in a blues shirts next year, I am quite excited by him and I can see a big shake up at The Bridge next season, meaning there will hopefully be room for him, but yea he might he time to settle in the Prem, hopefully quicker than Malouda though haha

If we sign someone like Van Der Vaart then it is a signal that we are going to continue with the 4-3-3 for next season. If we do not only do we need someone like him but we are going to need 2 World Class wingers if we are to be strong in that formation....

I would like to see him here, he is a good player who is more than capable of playing at our level and producing the goods.

If we sign someone like Van Der Vaart then it is a signal that we are going to continue with the 4-3-3 for next season. If we do not only do we need someone like him but we are going to need 2 World Class wingers if we are to be strong in that formation....

I would like to see him here, he is a good player who is more than capable of playing at our level and producing the goods.

I really dont want van der vaart now he is a good player but he will be a waste of money.

Kakuta will push him out the squad in 2 years, kakuta has been promised to be in the first team squad next year.

I really dont want van der vaart now he is a good player but he will be a waste of money.

Kakuta will push him out the squad in 2 years, kakuta has been promised to be in the first team squad next year.

Lol, i seriously doubt that! Besides Kakuta is more than likely going to end up a winger for us. And i would say the chances of Kakuta making a first team appearance next season is zero! The kid is only 16 and in his first season at the club...... doesn't matter how good he is, it just isn't going to happen.

Lol, that mean nothing. It's Wikipedia, and even the comment on there is very vague. Kakuta will be no-where near the first team next season!

I want him in the first team barca have played bojan this season he is 17. Messi was 17 when he played agianst us micheal owen was 17 when liverpool played him. Daniel sturridge has scored premiership goals this season for city.

I want him in the first team barca have played bojan this season he is 17. Messi was 17 when he played agianst us micheal owen was 17 when liverpool played him. Daniel sturridge has scored premiership goals this season for city.

I just dont want him to be like scott sinclair fucking 19 and zero premiership games.

The difference is that Bojan, Messi, Owen and Sturridge had all spent long periods of time at their clubs. Kakuta is in his first season, he may struggle to continue the form next season, it happened to both Sinclair and Stoch in their second season although they both recovered after that....

I just think next year is WAY too soon for him, maybe after next season if he is still as devestating as he is now.

Sinclair has premiership games under his belt! You have to remember how hard it is for 17/18/19 year olds to break into ANY premiership first team let alone one packed with World Stars like ours. Sinclair will come back and have another go after getting some valuable experience. Also at the end of the day it is down to the manager, personally i would have been playing Sinclair a lot more and certainly ahead of Malouda and SWP....

Rafael Van Der Vaart has admitted that he is open to a move to the Premier League, but not until Euro 2008 has finished.

The Hamburg midfielder, who burst onto the scene with Ajax eight years ago, is reported to be a target of Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson and new Chelsea manager Luiz Felipe Scolari.

With Cristiano Ronaldo edging closer to the exit door at Old Trafford, Ferguson would be in the market to replace the Portugal international's creativity in midfield.

Stern competition for the player's signature could come from outgoing Portugal boss Scolari, who is set to be handed a hefty transfer budget when he arrives in West London on 1st July.

But Van Der Vaart is focusing all of his attentions on Holland's Euro 2008 bid for now, however, telling the The Sun: "Everybody knows I am willing to consider a move but my main focus is purely on the national team.

"I'm not interested in anything else that can put me off."

The earliest that any club can hope to hear of his intentions will be Saturday, when Holland take on Russia in the quarter-finals of the competition.

Source: Sky Sports

dont want him isnt very good compared to ballack! or frankie

kent_blue

Different type of player completely to Ballack or Lampard. Would be a good addition should we get him, he has managed to turn his form around recently - one of a number of attacking midfielders we could pick up this summer.