Kurt Zouma

Mufassir08

On 8.01.2017 г. at 7:22 PM, Vybz Kartel said:

Lets be honest in the long term his not good enough for us, he has limited passing isn't comfortable on the ball and has poor positioning. Some of the things can be improved but at the end of the day there are better options than him out there even in our academy like Christensen 

This is as worse as the N'Golo Kante needs replacing post.

I forgot that after one year, you still have to come back as Prime Baresi,in order to be good for a Chelsea fan.

I love the kid I really do. Hes got alot of the skills we need at the back. I'm just wondering tho IF hes got enough of the ones we really need. Its going to be hard for me if we lose him so lets hope Conte can work on him.

• 1 month later...

He's not wrong. With Christiansen coming back and happy needing minutes, I really don't think we need to add a CB in the next window. We've got the potential to lock down 2/3 of our CBS for almost the next decade. Let's not screw that up by creating a logjam at CB. 

13 hours ago, volfan89 said:

He's not wrong. With Christiansen coming back and happy needing minutes, I really don't think we need to add a CB in the next window. We've got the potential to lock down 2/3 of our CBS for almost the next decade. Let's not screw that up by creating a logjam at CB. 

Agree but Cahill is our weakest player in starting lineup and Azpi is probably too small for CB :)

We don't need new players unless we sell first ;)

13 hours ago, volfan89 said:

I would loan Zouma out next season the fella needs to play week in week out after coming back from that awful injury  if he has a good loan spell bring him back in the team 

On 11/02/2017 at 10:11 AM, the wes said:

I would loan Zouma out next season the fella needs to play week in week out after coming back from that awful injury  if he has a good loan spell bring him back in the team 

Totally agree mate. Upto his injury I thought he was deadset to become a future hero of ours but now we are up in the air about which of our 3 young guys to use I'm really not sure. But we really need to remember hes getting over his injury and some players never do. The Dons got a big decision on his hands.  I would say whats best for him and us is a 6 month loan to somewhere he is assured regular games. But I dont think Happy would accept it

With us back in Europe and if we want to make a serious effort at it we need some chages. Not just lets see how he works out but we need to bring in some good strength,experience and creativity. Gazza is our only defender that can get good air apart from Happy and we all know thats one of Daves weaknesses. Luiz is doing a multi job as CB and deep pocket playmaker being our most creative and comfortable on the ball. But we need a CB that can take the ball at his feet upfield to start breaks instead of a sidepass or booting it upto find Diego.

So I see us bringing in a new CB and see IF Ake or Christensen will settle for backups.

Only players Christensen can replace are Luiz who at the moment is top material and also leader or Azpi who is one of best defenders in world. Cahill on other hand, gives us some height and no way will Christensen replace him because we already look weak in crosses. Zouma on other hand can replace Cahill.

While Christensen is promising, I dont see him anywhere near first 11 because he aint better than luiz or Azpi and not tall/strong enough to replace Cahill.

But he can make fine backup.

As for Zouma, if he wants to play regular football, he has to prove he is better than Cahill. Simple as that.

If he leaves tho, I bet he will be pushing to United and Mou lol.

Zouma will never be the best defender in the world, but he will end up playing with them, as the cement to their wall. In a world of Puyol's, you need a few Pique's to do the uncredited work. He suddenly reminds me of Barzagli based just on that. 

To put into other words, he won't ever be the headline grabber, and thus far fewer fans will believe the hype shared amongst pro-Zouma supporters, but, if you had a central defender playing alongside him, he'd be at the top of his game - and with a potential removal of Zouma, you'd see that top defender's form falter, which'd be no coincidence. He'll be important for any team he plays for, including us. Other teams will look on wishing they had someone as consistent, nevermind such a consistent defender plus the sheer physical traits. In the same vein that Conte concluded hard working players will make it ahead of the technically gifted these days, Zouma will simply be one of the best, just because of his genetics. Bar horror injuries, nothing can stop him.

8 minutes ago, Leif said:

Zouma will never be the best defender in the world, but he will end up playing with them, as the cement to their wall. In a world of Puyol's, you need a few Pique's to do the uncredited work. He suddenly reminds me of Barzagli based just on that. 

To put into other words, he won't ever be the headline grabber, and thus far fewer fans will believe the hype shared amongst pro-Zouma supporters, but, if you had a central defender playing alongside him, he'd be at the top of his game - and with a potential removal of Zouma, you'd see that top defender's form falter, which'd be no coincidence. He'll be important for any team he plays for, including us. Other teams will look on wishing they had someone as consistent, nevermind such a consistent defender plus the sheer physical traits. In the same vein that Conte concluded hard working players will make it ahead of the technically gifted these days, Zouma will simply be one of the best, just because of his genetics. Bar horror injuries, nothing can stop him.

I suppose I rank myself as a 'pro Zouma supporter' but I put the needs of the team before any single player. Right mow in this major transition period when we are trying to establish a long term character for the club we just cant afford to be sentimental.

So looking at our back 3 we really need to look at what we NEED.And it would be ideal to get a strong,fast guy who is comfortable with the ball that is either tall or can get good air, And as we dont have one its ideally what we need to find if theres one out there.

If not then just maybe we might need to get 2 with the needs between them.

3 hours ago, Leif said:

Well Barzagli has been Juve best defender for past few years. 

Fuck what media says and their wank on modern CBs, when based by pure defensive actions, Barzagli is lot better than Bonucci or even Chiellini.

That said, people have different criteria when it comes to best CBs in world. 

13 hours ago, jernej93 said:

Azpi is the best defender in the league but I am just questioning his suitability for center back position :) I would try him at wing back 

There's Question marks about him going forward as a full back, why would he work at wing back?

9 hours ago, LondonsFinest said:

Shite interview. Asked the same question five times from LÉquipe. He was forced into saying he'd see in the summer. But with Ivanovic and us playing 3 defenders, he could easily slide with Christensen and Luiz.

Well if the 45 minutes he just put in during this 1st half is his level he is going to slide under Ake by the summer.

Not even remotely good enough this display.