test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

15. Kurt Zouma

Started by Jason,

2,068 posts in this topic
8 hours ago, King Kante said:

CB is a very difficult position. However, there are some options out there. For instance, I would be more than happy to take a Vertonghen for two years on a free as I think he would be an improvement on either Zouma and AC. So there are options out there to improve, even if they are not necessarily world class. 

Verthongen??  We are struggling against aerial threat long ball and set pieces, why bring Verthongen who is not exactly aerially dominant. 

Vesper likes this

Three clean sheets in a row with Zouma-Rudiger pairing. Liverpool, Everton, Leicester.

Actually in the last 13 games we kept clean sheet just 3 times. And they played together only these 3 games.

I know Chris is better on the ball but when CBs keep us clean sheets there is not more we can ask.

killer1257 likes this

I just hope Lamps realises that he is our only good defender

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

This was the perfect opponent for Kurt. When he can keep his game simple and everything is played up to him in the air he dominates.

It's when he's up against teams that press and there are pacey forwards buzzing around him that he struggles because he isn't great in the ball.

killer1257 likes this

On 02/07/2020 at 0:43 AM, killer1257 said:

I just hope Lamps realises that he is our only good defender

he is only good for certain types of games

too limited to not cash in on for a more constrained (play wise) team IF a decent offer comes along

I do not really rate any of our 6 top CB's

it is a huge problem overall

6 hours ago, Vesper said:

too limited to not cash in on for a more constrained (play wise) team IF a decent offer comes along

Is not that what squads are. To have players with different strengths that can cover each other's weaknesses.

I would rather sell Rüdiger or AC

He was one of our best players yesterday. Totally dominated Deeney. We should play him against every team that uses a big physical striker like Antonio, Deeney and Benteke etc. He's our best pure defender (1 on 1 and aerially)

Johnnyeye and killer1257 like this

Zouma is clearly the most dominant cb physically we have at the club but he seems to always get bamboozled against better opponents. Especially united.

Let's take the semi final as an example for which cb to play. In open play, Rudiger will probably make less mistakes and will pass out better. From set pieces zouma is clearly more agreesive in the air. No other cb compares.

Its a sign of our weaknesses that we will have to chop and change defenders based on whether the opponent are fast and direct or physical bullies. The top teams have a pairing that can contend with both types.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Vesper likes this

Has to play vs Palace. Their strikers, Benteke and Wickham are exactly the kind of challenge he relishes.Especially Benteke has the exact same height and build as Kurt with those huge legs, wide and strong core but relatively light arm/shoulder region which gives them more agility when they have to move the upper body for challenges in the air and keeping balance after a change of direction. One reason why Cahill always looks so suspect when people run towards him is that he is the antithesis to Zouma with weaker core and legs and lots of needless muscle mass on his upper body which makes him top heavy and clumsy on the turn.

lucio likes this

9 minutes ago, kellzfresh said:

These stats are telling and pretty much in line with our season. 

Rudi has been the worst of our CBs and yet somehow it's always AC, zouma or tomori who have been ridiculed or scape goated. 

kellzfresh and killer1257 like this

These stats are telling and pretty much in line with our season. 
Rudi has been the worst of our CBs and yet somehow it's always AC, zouma or tomori who have been ridiculed or scape goated. 

I have said this many teams here. Zouma is our best defender and Rüdiger can't defend at all

Puliiszola likes this

It was the performance in general. He dominated. Not seen a performance like that from a defender since Luiz against Palace in 2017. 

Should be our first choice moving forward. Even well into next season. 

Puliiszola and killer1257 like this