Kurt Zouma

Mufassir08

20 hours ago, Muzchap said:

Trouble is, the world and football especially- do not work like that. 

City arguably have the best team in the league - but we're above them... 

you can have 11 superstars - hasn't worked that well for Real Madrid has it? 

IMHO it's better to have a team of hard working players with a sprinkling of World Class players - that's what we should be aiming for. 

This. I dont get people who say good, but limited players (who are also hard workers) should be replaced eventually with more versatile and attacking. 

Azpi, Zouma to name a few. 

Trophies are won by teams and if you ever played football, hard working team players are key for that. You need few individual quality too, but  not everyone from CB to fullback to striker.

Napoli could make a January swoop for Chelsea defender Kurt Zouma, according to Mediaset Premium.

The Italian sports TV channel claims the Partenopei are looking to Stamford Bridge for reinforcements.

Zouma has been out of action following a ruptured cruciate ligament in February, but is ready for his comeback.

Napoli are seeking another centre-back following injury problems for Raul Albiol this season.

The 22-year-old is under contract with Chelsea until June 2019.

This story also emerges after reports today of Manchester United interest in right-back Elseid Hysaj, as Zouma can also play in that role.

http://www.football-italia.net/94480/napoli-consider-zouma-bid

On 15/11/2016 at 7:05 PM, Muzchap said:

Trouble is, the world and football especially- do not work like that. 

City arguably have the best team in the league - but we're above them... 

you can have 11 superstars - hasn't worked that well for Real Madrid has it? 

IMHO it's better to have a team of hard working players with a sprinkling of World Class players - that's what we should be aiming for. 

This is rubbish. The team with the best players is almost always going to win trophies in their respective leagues. How often do teams outside of Barcelona/Real Madrid, PSG, Juventus, Man City/Chelsea/United/Arsenal, Bayern Munich, etc. win the league? How often do they win the CL?

Money brings in the best talent and the best talent wins you trophies. You can put whatever spin you want on it but the reality is 11 world class players are going to defeat 11 hard working players 9 times out of 10. In my opinion you can carry one or two honest battlers, not seven or eight, as you're suggesting.

Also, Real Madrid have won two out of the last three CL and are on top of La Liga, if it's not working for them then I'd like to know your definition of 'working'.

9 hours ago, Dazzy_Vance said:

This is rubbish. The team with the best players is almost always going to win trophies in their respective leagues. How often do teams outside of Barcelona/Real Madrid, PSG, Juventus, Man City/Chelsea/United/Arsenal, Bayern Munich, etc. win the league? How often do they win the CL?

Money brings in the best talent and the best talent wins you trophies. You can put whatever spin you want on it but the reality is 11 world class players are going to defeat 11 hard working players 9 times out of 10. In my opinion you can carry one or two honest battlers, not seven or eight, as you're suggesting.

Also, Real Madrid have won two out of the last three CL and are on top of La Liga, if it's not working for them then I'd like to know your definition of 'working'.

That said, they have only one liga title since 2008.

Two CLs is remarkable, but they had more luck than skill in both finals. I would go to a point that CL is a type of competition that relies on dayform and whatever you call "luck". We won CL with arguably worst squad, we finished 6th in that season. When we actualy had amazing quality squad in 2008 final or 2009, we didnt win because "luck" wasnt there. Domestic titles are way more balanced because they take whole year and you play each team twice. Its what I call undisputed champion. CL is far cry from that. But sure its prestigious to win it nevertheless. I just wouldnt agree that best team wins the CL. For example when we won it, Bayern was better allround. Same for when Real won it, few others were better. 

If titles are all that counts, Real doesnt have many liga titles and if you count overall performance, Real is far from dominant as barca was despite all the money spent. 

19 hours ago, the wes said:

Napoli could make a January swoop for Chelsea defender Kurt Zouma, according to Mediaset Premium.

The Italian sports TV channel claims the Partenopei are looking to Stamford Bridge for reinforcements.

Zouma has been out of action following a ruptured cruciate ligament in February, but is ready for his comeback.

Napoli are seeking another centre-back following injury problems for Raul Albiol this season.

The 22-year-old is under contract with Chelsea until June 2019.

This story also emerges after reports today of Manchester United interest in right-back Elseid Hysaj, as Zouma can also play in that role.

http://www.football-italia.net/94480/napoli-consider-zouma-bid

i know mate, It woukd break my heart, I saw a long great future with Happy and us!!!

But

On 18/11/2016 at 6:26 AM, Dazzy_Vance said:

In a forum - you express views, that's my view. 

Labelling it 'Rubbish' is your opinion- and I disagree - you are the epitomy of 'buying success'

How does Leicester City fit into your view of the world, or didn't that happen? I gues Porto winning the CL didn't happen either? Or Greece winning the Euros? How about Portugal? 

With 11 Superstars comes massive egos. You end up with a team like City... Lots of promise - no end product. 

Finally, look at United and their dominance over the past 20 years - a solid team with a sprinkling of superstar players... 

2 hours ago, Muzchap said:

Labelling it 'Rubbish' is your opinion- and I disagree - you are the epitomy of 'buying success'

How does Leicester City fit into your view of the world, or didn't that happen? I gues Porto winning the CL didn't happen either? Or Greece winning the Euros? How about Portugal? 

With 11 Superstars comes massive egos. You end up with a team like City... Lots of promise - no end product. 

Finally, look at United and their dominance over the past 20 years - a solid team with a sprinkling of superstar players... 

No offense but i don't like it when Leicester is used as an example, that was a total freak one off in football (mainly driven by Kante's engine) and the rest of youre examples are knockout football, were there's a lot more of a chance for an underdog to do something special, i mean our worst team talent wise since the mid 90's pulled of the CL, yet in the league we were rubbish and out of our depth.

United teams of the last 20 years had a lot of position's where they had the best in, Schmeichel, G.Neville, Irwin, Stam, Scholes, Giggs, Beckham Van Nisselroy,Cole were all in the top 3 in their position in late 90's/early 00's. Ferdinand, Vidic, Van Der Sar, Evra, Ronaldo, Carrick (stupidly underrated player), Rooney and Tevez likewise in the three in a row team of the late 00's. Yes you need some work horse squad players as well, but to sustain success over a period of time you need at least 6/7 maybe 8 players who are in the top 3 at worst 4 in England in their position.

18 hours ago, Tomo said:

No offense but i don't like it when Leicester is used as an example, that was a total freak one off in football (mainly driven by Kante's engine) and the rest of youre examples are knockout football, were there's a lot more of a chance for an underdog to do something special, i mean our worst team talent wise since the mid 90's pulled of the CL, yet in the league we were rubbish and out of our depth.

United teams of the last 20 years had a lot of position's where they had the best in, Schmeichel, G.Neville, Irwin, Stam, Scholes, Giggs, Beckham Van Nisselroy,Cole were all in the top 3 in their position in late 90's/early 00's. Ferdinand, Vidic, Van Der Sar, Evra, Ronaldo, Carrick (stupidly underrated player), Rooney and Tevez likewise in the three in a row team of the late 00's. Yes you need some work horse squad players as well, but to sustain success over a period of time you need at least 6/7 maybe 8 players who are in the top 3 at worst 4 in England in their position.

People like to forget that Modric or Ribery are not work horses. Just because they are creative midfielder or winger it doesnt mean they are not hardworkers. 

Thats the difference between Cesc and Modric. You NEED quality players in your squad. Sure. But also you need hardworkers at same time. Thats why Modric or Kante or Koke are regarded as one of best in the world. 

Quality is always wanted and demanded. But I would avoid players like James,Cesc etc who are quality, but dont have the fight in them. 

I dont know why people want to replace Azpi, Alonso or Moses either. They are doing great and people look for their replacements already. 

21 hours ago, Tomo said:

Oh you definitely need world class players but the key to united success imo is not just Ronaldo and rooney but they have so many of this hardworking/versatile player that complements the team very well.  Park, oshea , Evans, West brown, young , Chica rivo, solksjaer, etc they all are not wc but they complement the team very well

1 hour ago, communicate said:

Oh you definitely need world class players but the key to united success imo is not just Ronaldo and rooney but they have so many of this hardworking/versatile player that complements the team very well.  Park, oshea , Evans, West brown, young , Chica rivo, solksjaer, etc they all are not wc but they complement the team very well

They did, but all of them were squad players.

On 18.11.2016 г. at 8:18 PM, Captain Ahmed said:

D.Trump in last two years spent $260 million and become the president of America 
Real Madrid in last 4 years spent 480 million dollars and still didn't win the league

WTF! You know that two CL is much more than one la liga title!

On 19/11/2016 at 7:26 PM, Muzchap said:

Sorry, rubbish was a harsh word and I shouldn't have dismissed your opinion like that. I just strongly disagree. It takes something extraordinary for a 'small team' to win the highly sought after trophies and it happens once every blue moon. Clubs well resourced will almost always prevail. They just spend until it eventually works.

Also disagree with United only having a sprinkling of superstar players. United were stacked with talent.

I also think City will win the league by 7+ points.

3 minutes ago, Dazzy_Vance said:

Sorry, rubbish was a harsh word and I shouldn't have dismissed your opinion like that. I just strongly disagree. It takes something extraordinary for a 'small team' to win the highly sought after trophies and it happens once every blue moon. Clubs well resourced will almost always prevail. They just spend until it eventually works.

Also disagree with United only having a sprinkling of superstar players. United were stacked with talent.

I also think City will win the league by 7+ points.

Rgeres nothing like having confidence and thats nothing like having confidence!!

I would happily bet you that we will end the season above them.