test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

15. Kurt Zouma

Started by Jason,

1,895 posts in this topic
10 hours ago, Vesper said:

Ramos- older now and a shadow of what he once was, plus one of the biggest cunts of the 21st century so far in world football, a rotten human being

Varane- superb, but zero chance'''

De Ligt- overrated so far, but will eventually come good, he is still SO SO young, give him time

Umtiti  perma damaged , looks pants, damn shame, he was a beast at the WC

Lenglet, top 15 but not much higher, would be a big upgrade een if there are better otions, although Barca will not sell, he seems a bit weak to me at times

VVD- best CB in the world atm

Boateng, pure dregs, what a fall from his peak (and he only just turned 31, a perfect example of my 30yo and out for so many players (CB's not so much, thus making his fall even worse)

Sule out for the year, I like him more than some on here, but do not want him here

Romagnoli, my number one doable (remotely) target, love him, very very vocally ant-racist too, in a FUCKED up league

Otamendi- HORRID, trash, what a joke he made 1st team all EPL 2 or 3 years ago, pure dogshit, so hyped, so dregs, I detest him, rotten cunt too, dirty player

Manolas, I like him, shame he never came to the EPL, almost too old now for the money Roma will want, he is EPL level in my book

Koulibaly, too old now to buy for the stupid money the poison dwarf will demand, and has fallen off, having a fairly poor year, although he can turn it around if he gets away from that shit rotten club in that horrid racist league (he is SO abused, it is outrageous the abuse he and other PoC take there, as a mixed race black woman, it makes me seethe with rage, I am on the verge of boycotting)

Laporte, superb CB, shame he is so badly injured, a complete CB, insane he has never been capped, best non capped footballer in the world IMHO

Militao has not set the world on fire at Real, jury still out, plus he is an asshat for fucking about on the bench during 2 losses

Pepe, HATE him, pure cunt, almost 37yo, wuthless, he can fuck off, one of the dirtiest players (and a cheater too) I have ever seen, complete all-round shit

Gimenez, in my top 4 targets, but has regressed a bit with no Godin around

Maguire, along with Stones, (who is actually even worse, lol) the most overrated CB in the top 25 on the planet, a caveman who doesn't have a good football brain, Manure punters are turning on him and I say GOOD, I so hope he is not an England starter at Euro 2020, I do not like him (as you can tell, lolol)

Vertonghen, was great, ageing, and fuck spuds

Bonucci, used to be a top 3 CB, ageing now, still a warrior

Sanchez, fuck spuds, and he is overrated, makes crucial errors

Akanji liked him a lot, he has regressed a bit since his bad injury, give him a full tear he should come good again, silky smooth, lacks a certain hard edge though

Konate (BEAST) he is one of my 4 top targets, injured now but he would be like Zouma on steroids, and is far better on the ball

Upamecano great CB, I rate him, just not as much as his teammate Konate

Yeah. my point was more that there are plenty of CBs who can do a good job meeting the criteria that was in the post I quoted about being good in the air, quick (ish) and can pass though. CB is an urgent need for us I really feel. I think all the good teams have at least 3 good CBs. We have maybe one established good CB in Rudi and the others not so good or established. Id still think we could maybe get Koulibaly as Napoli are apparently open to refreshing their team this summer but as youve said, for the cost and his age it makes it tougher. Id still say if we could get him for 50m max it would be worth it. I personally think Sarri might go for him if Napoli are as I said looking to refresh the team and hes one of the guys to go. Bonucci, Chielleni are 30 plus and De Ligt has struggled but he could be a good stop gap. Suppose theyve got that young Turkish CB they got from Sassulo as well and Barzaghli IIRC he hasnt retired yet but hes ancient too.

2 hours ago, communicate said:

if a forward can have free run at your CB in front of the box, it say that you need a freaking dm

We lost a ball in the middle of the pitch, can't blame midfielders. 

12 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

We lost a ball in the middle of the pitch, can't blame midfielders. 

So who should be blamed? CB? If the other team can run at your CB constantly without no protection, good luck 

Vesper likes this

5 hours ago, 1chelsea said:

Sell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

agreed, but Lamps loves him so I do not see it happening

3aeb5499d6bb8be10de4478207532673.png

Report: Chelsea are in contract talks with defender Kurt Zouma

https://www.thechelseachronicle.com/club-news/report-chelsea-are-in-contact-talks-with-defender-kurt-zouma/

he is already signed until 2023

so looks like zero chance we are selling him if we are going to renew him until 2025 or so (he turns 30 in October 2024 btw to put a future-forward look onto this)

if the reports are true about Lampard balking at buying Ake due to his belief in AC

then expect no moves for CB's until 2021 at the earliest:(

as we will keep the 4 main ones we have, plus we have Guehi and Ampadu waiting in the wings (although I sorta expect Guehi to be loaned out for 2020/21)

I have no idea what Ampadu's best position is or if he is even good enough for us

he seems to have really taken a step backwards (he supposedly has really bad growing pain issues as well)

we cocked up (what else is new for the board, they have a profound lack of football sense far too often) by loaning him to the wrong Bundesliga team, as RB Leipzig are loaded at their back 4 are are now the title favourites so will not have a lot of games they will risk playing him at

On 02/01/2020 at 7:53 PM, Vesper said:

agreed, but Lamps loves him so I do not see it happening

Huge worry for me. I hope Rudiger and Ake establish great partnership. Btw we already earned more than 15m from Zouma loans. 

Vesper likes this

Just now, NikkiCFC said:

Huge worry for me. I hope Rudiger and Ake establish great partnership. Btw we already earned more than 15m from Zouma loans. 

I really do not see Zouma going anywhere, unless someone just offers cray cray amounts of quid

Kinda made my peace with it a month or so ago

But we so so need a ball playing CB for certain games

I think Tomori can become that but not 100% sold yet

Ake is good on the ball

so is Caglar Söyüncü (the more I see of him, the more I like, dog help the league if they pull off getting Merih Demiral prised away from Juve, they will have a Turkish wall at CB for years to come (if they can hold onto them)

Diop is better on the ball than Zouma, for what that is worth

NikkiCFC likes this