test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

15. Kurt Zouma

Started by Jason,

1,923 posts in this topic

He can become a great CB for us and his in the box sliding tackles are the best i've seen. The only thing I would like to see him improve on is his composure on the ball and positioning. He seems really awkward when he has the ball at his feet and I don't think its due to a lack of technique but more mental confidence. Under a good coach he can work on this and his still young so I believe it will come in time as he matures.

Despiadado.Maleante and Stats like this

Needs a top quality CB next to him to start off next season, we must build around Zouma in this area. I cannot see us getting much more from JT and think this season could be his last dance.

Stones, Varane, Marquinhos and so on, but do not fall short and scrape the barrel in this area again.

5 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Needs a top quality CB next to him to start off next season, we must build around Zouma in this area. I cannot see us getting much more from JT and think this season could be his last dance.

Stones, Varane, Marquinhos and so on, but do not fall short and scrape the barrel in this area again.

JT next season will be his last as a full time player imo. If we see him in 17/18 at all imo it will be in a player-coach capacity, unless something goes horribly wrong.

1 hour ago, Special Juan said:

No Champions League football next season. Looking forward to the Papy-Happy combo in defence.

Zouma still needs a lot game time to improve his awareness and game smarts. He makes up for a lot of this thanks to his speed and athleticism (as stated above).

I like Zouma, he's young...he'll get there.

Anyone else think that 9 times out of 10 his sliding tackle today would have ended in the player continuing his run, tripping over Zooma and getting the penalty?  yikes....I blame the Scunthorpe forward for missing that one...shouldn't have jumped over him.

6 minutes ago, James said:

Awful absolutely awful on the ball, so fucking frustrating. 

Rubbish...  he has saved our skin so mant times and hardly ever gives the ball away..

10 minutes ago, James said:

Awful absolutely awful on the ball, so fucking frustrating. 

He is young, I know, but it seems that he cannot tackle in a way the ball stays in the play. Always clearing the ball away from the pitch, even in situations he can do much more. Not to mention his distribution. That will come with experience, though. But still frustrating when you chase the game and he clears it away, meaning another bunch of seconds wasted by the opponent.

6 minutes ago, James said:

He's one of the worst players at playing from the back and struggles to keep composure when getting pressed, honestly don't know what you're watching if you think he hardly gives the ball away... 

He is a good defender, has pace and can tackle, a huge talent but i guarantee most members on this forum will agree with me when i say his passing/composure on the ball is dreadful. 

Do you think we should drop him till he gets older ?

He is only 19.. ..  who do you want playing instead of him ?