test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

15. Kurt Zouma

Started by Jason,

2,037 posts in this topic

Great game, not perfect judges the flight of the ball wrong a fair bit, but was Terry? Nope.

Keep going Kurt, progress progress progress.

No nonsense, but also cool as fuck. Didn't panic for 1 second although we were the ones defending for the majority of the game. His proactivity is what we've lacked the past 5 months. Can't believe he is only 20.

P.s: That tackle on Aguero gave me an erection.

Viper22 and Barbara like this

Alright, whoscored.com have completely lost their credibility.

Get this - the ratings from today's game - Ivanovic 6.5, Zouma 6.7, Azpilicueta 7.0, Courtois 7.0 :blink:

honestly, their rating system is computer based, it'll always be deeply flawed, it's never been credible for me...

absolute beast!!! no need for varane please. and please dont loan him to some bundesliga club next season.

he was solid.

Varane may not be needed now, but we don't know how long will Terry continue to play at high level and free of injuries. It'd be nice of us to bring a good CB, even if it means Zouma will take turns with this new player. We have to think about the future as well and not replace Terry just when he runs out of it because he could get injured between February and May and jeopardize a whole season of work simply because we don't have good enough back up (and yeah, Cahill doesn't fill even that imo because if we have Cahill and Zouma, we'll need Kurt to step up as Gary most probably won't).

He's very young, has time to complete his development with us, he should get plenty of chances to still start matches next season if we still brought another CB next summer.

Said at the beginning of the season this kid will take over for us this year and he has not disappointed so far.

Does anybody think he has overtaken Cahill for good? Jose played him in two consecutive massive cup and title deciding games, this is something I don't believe he does very lightly. In those games he always, and I mean ALWAYS goes for his definite starters. Rotation and resting is something you do prior to the big games, not during. So, to me, that strongly hints towards Zouma doing what Azpilicueta did to Cole.

Blue Armour, kellzfresh and Barbara like this

He has BENCHED Cahill. Jose having balls putting him on in two of the most important games of the season was the proof for that. Top notch stuff from here and against Liverpool. The thing that won us the point is his enormous jump to clear the ball, when it was landing on Lamps/ Milner's foot. I don't want Cahill to smell the starting line-up now. If and only if rotation is needed.

kellzfresh likes this

Imagine if we bought Varane as Terry's long term replacement.

Zouma & Varane as Chelsea and France CB partnership for the next 10+ years.

France are really coming along with a new golden generation tbh.

The Chels likes this

France are really coming along with a new golden generation tbh.

They might have a golden generation of CB if Varane,Laporte,Zouma, and mangala develop properly. But overall I don't see that much exciting talent all over the pitch.