test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

The only place to be

Mario Pašalić

Started by The only place to be,

358 posts in this topic
He can't get a work permit in the UK.
What's stopping him now?

Normally playing for your NT is enough to get one.

17 hours ago, LAM09 said:

What's stopping him now?

Normally playing for your NT is enough to get one.

Depends primarily on the number, or rather percentage, of competitive appearances and the ranking of the national team. For young players this can be overridden by the judgement of a government sanctioned, FA appointed, panel of experts. A permit can be granted if they assess a player to have outstanding potential. I may be misremembering, but I think we got Oscar's permit on outstanding potential.

LAM09 likes this

Depends primarily on the number, or rather percentage, of competitive appearances and the ranking of the national team. For young players this can be overridden by the judgement of a government sanctioned, FA appointed, panel of experts. A permit can be granted if they assess a player to have outstanding potential. I may be misremembering, but I think we got Oscar's permit on outstanding potential.
Are the club to blame for not pushing harder, then?

7 hours ago, LAM09 said:
On 19.06.2019 at 5:37 AM, OhForAGreavsie said:

Are the club to blame for not pushing harder, then?

Pasalic is clearly not exceptional talent. He won't be able to get a work permit through the same procedure as Oscar, who played regularly for Brazil NT at the time. Pasalic was involved only in ~30% matches of Croatian NT over the last 2 years and for a work permit, you need to play at least 75% of games. So, there's basically no chance that Pasalic would receive work permit right now.

On 18/06/2019 at 8:49 AM, pHaRaOn said:

He can't get a work permit in the UK.

Pašalić? He is Croatian, in the EU, no permit needed.

OhForAGreavsie and LAM09 like this

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

Pašalić? He is Croatian, in the EU, no permit needed.

You're right. Despite the fact that Croatia joined the EU in 2013, they still did not have freedom of movement for years. I was under impression that this still the case, however, I just checked and these restrictions were lifted last June. So theoretically Pasalic can get work permit since last summer. Sorry for earlier misinformation. Wasn't aware that the situation regarding Croatians has changed 12 months ago.

9 minutes ago, pHaRaOn said:

You're right. Despite the fact that Croatia joined the EU in 2013, they still did not have freedom of movement for years. I was under impression that this still the case, however, I just checked and these restrictions were lifted last June. So theoretically Pasalic can get work permit since last summer. Sorry for earlier misinformation. Wasn't aware that the situation regarding Croatians has changed 12 months ago.

watch Brexit fuck everything up :(

On 6/28/2019 at 8:19 PM, the wes said:

Atalanta and Chelsea have found an agreement for the extension of midfielder Mario Pasalic’s loan deal, according to Italian publication Calciomercato.

Such a weird move this one. We are buying kovacic but would not give pasalic a shot who is a much better player. 

Just don't understand the people running this club. Bunch of nincompoops

LAM09 likes this

11 hours ago, 1905didierblue said:

but would not give pasalic a shot who is a much better player. 

I highly doubt that in this point in time.

This guy is a true mystery...

when you have players like bakayoko and drinkwater, and before pass-sideways mikel, this guy must have done something real bad to not get a shot.

10 hours ago, Yeboii said:

I highly doubt that in this point in time.

Highly doubt that he is better than a bang average kovacic?

On 7/1/2019 at 0:29 PM, 1905didierblue said:

Such a weird move this one. We are buying kovacic but would not give pasalic a shot who is a much better player. 

Just don't understand the people running this club. Bunch of nincompoops

Thats the way we roll at the Bridge :P

Not sure what to make of that. Some good news, I guess.

2 hours ago, LAM09 said:

Not sure what to make of that. Some good news, I guess.

Pasalic is going to be our new longest serving Chelsea player 😂😂😂

manpe likes this

Pasalic is going to our new longest serving Chelsea player

I'm sure Omeruo holds that accolade.

1 hour ago, LAM09 said:
1 hour ago, the wes said:
Pasalic is going to our new longest serving Chelsea player emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

I'm sure Omeruo holds at accolade.

I forgot all about him 😂😂😂